Forgive and Forget

Jin didn't speak a word to you, you could tell he had been crying. Your brother joined the hug.

You were tired of feeling sad, so you changed the subject.

"Yoongi, how was your meeting?" You asked him.

"Y/n why did you run away?" Your brother asked, clearly still worried sick.

"I don't question what you do to cope, so don't question me." You say bluntly, maybe you were too harsh...

The rest of the evening was pretty quiet, you had insisted Namjoon go home and get some rest. Around ten-thirty or so, everyone had gone to bed. You had forgiven Jin enough to let him sleep next to you, but he still kept a bit of distance. Eventually, he spoke.

"So when's your final exam?" He asked keeping the mood light.

"Beginning of June." You respond, keeping the same light tone. "I've started studying."

"Do you think it's going to be a hard test?"

"I think I'll be fine."

"That's 'cause you're smart." He chuckled. "I wouldn't be able to pass it." You could tell he was smiling.

"That's 'cause kittens don't learn to be dental hygienists." You joked.

He laughed.

"Maybe you can give me a tour of your campus tomorrow." Jin suggested.

"Yeah, I don't know if Namjoon wants you at the gas station after what happened on Friday." You laugh again.

Jin jokingly shrugged. "I think he's got a bit a soft spot for me though."

"Not after the scene you pulled!" You joke. You sat up and faced him.

"Well I don't see you making any scenes with him, so I might just snatch him up." Jin said with an enormous smile on his face, he mimicked you and sat up.

"Ya! Get out of here." You jokingly hit him.

"Y/n, let's get outta here and do something fun!" He suggested excitedly.

"Sure- but what do you wanna do?"

"Let's find dinner, and have a midnight snack" He smiled at you through the static of the night.

You playfully tugged at his hand, pulling him out of bed.

***

You had just ordered a plate of nachos to share and were waiting for your food to arrive, You were having the time of your life, joking, laughing, having fun. Never had you ever been happier, than to spend the late night with your best friend. 

When the nachos came, Jin took the cheesiest covered nacho and nibbled on it.

"Try it it's good!" You say encouragingly.

"I am trying it, and it is good!" He promised.

"No, you have to eat it in one go!"  

He put the whole chip in his mouth.

"Woah!"

"Right!"

The rest of your evening was just as fun, a few times you laughed so hard, that Jin voiced his concern that you would put your head into the plate of nachos.

It was if time stood still. As if no one else existed. As if the world was only yours, and Jin's.

You paid for your inexpensive meal and continued your priceless adventure.

Jin lead the way back home, and the two of you spent the rest of your waking moments cuddling, and enjoying your time together.

It felt good to have your best friend back.

The next month would feel just as wonderful.

Maybe what happened last night, had just been a bump in the road...

Right?