Young Forever: Epilogue Part 1

You were walking out of school. You didn't feel very confident in your exam, it's hard to concentrate when you constantly want to burst into tears and punch a wall.

Namjoon was waiting for you in the parking lot, you had insisted on taking the bus to your exam but gave in to a ride home. Namjoon greeted you kindly, Yoongi had filled him in late last night.

"I'm sorry y/n," Namjoon said solemnly.

"It's not your fault." You can feel tears starting to form behind your eyes.

"I know, I just wish you didn't have to suffer so much."

A tear fell off your cheek.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked nicely.

"I don't know." You admitted.

You sat in silence for a while before you broke it.

"Namjoon?"

"Yes?"

"How do you deal with heartbreak?"

He paused for a second and looked at you.

"You don't." His face showed sympathy.

"Y/n." His voice was like a blanket, enveloping you in comfort, "I know I've said it before, but he's not a normal person, and I'm not trying to justify what he did, I'm trying to say-" He collected his words, sighing, "We have to take it with a grain of salt."

"That doesn't help me much." You said. 

You paused. "He put his hands on me."

Namjoon looked at you, protective anger burning in his eyes.

"Twice." You added.

"Why didn't you say earlier." He asked, clearly angry.

You flinched a little.

He softened, and gently took your hand, relaxing you.

"I don't know- I-I guess I just didn't." You stammered.

Namjoon sighed. "I know you've been through a lot. And I know Yoongi isn't a saint."

"He's never hit me." You said quietly "Some of his worst drunken threats include threatening me with the toaster."

"He's still verbally abused you."

You nodded your head, his mood swings plus a couple drinks never ended well for you, but he always apologized after.

"He'll be sober for a whole year next month."

"I know y/n." Namjoon sighed, "I'm trying to say no one in your life has ever been perfect to you or even tried."

"You have." You said quietly.

Namjoon went silent. But he was right, no one had been a stable source of kindness to you, except Namjoon.

"I thought Jin might be different." You admitted.

"What's happened doesn't have to nullify the good." He said.

Your inner thoughts flooded out of your mouth. "But it does because whenever I think about him all I want to do is cry. I think about him chasing me around the house, and being pulled on a wheely chair in the living room. I miss late night dinner trips, hugs, his presence, his energy. He was fun to be sarcastic with, take long walks with, share food with. I enjoyed making him laugh, and him making me laugh. It was funny when he took my headbands and teased me about my likes and dislikes. He knew how to make me laugh, he was my best friend, and when I think about them it makes me cry because I'll never be able to look to them or him for comfort again."