"The couch isn't a nail file!"

"Here little guy this is your home now" You unwrapped Jin and set him down on the floor and he cautiously put a paw on the cracked tile.

"We don't know if we can really keep him, y/n, he could have rabies or heartworms" Responsible Yoongi stated. "I'll call Jungkook so he can contact his professor." 

"I'm sure he's fine" You reassured.

Jin had made his way over to the couch and had begun eating and scratching and the frayed edges of the grey cloth cover.  

"Hey! The couch isn't your personal nail file!" Yoongi hurried over to the tiny kitten picking him up.  "That's expensive!"

"You got that cover at a garage sale" You roll your eyes when your brother shoots you a dirty look. "Plus he fits in the palm of your hand, how much damage can he really do." 

Jin's claws stick him to the pocket of Yoongi's white t-shirt "Son of a b- that hurts!" Jin managed to wiggle into the pocket and started to purr. 

"Quit pouting Yoongers he likes you!" 

"He's dirty." Your brother frowned.

"Here I'll give him a bath" You offered.

"Okay y/n, don't get any water in his ears." 

"I won't!" You practically skip to the bathroom, you can hear your brother through the thin walls.

"Jungkook, yeah it's Yoongi, can you please do me a big favor?"

"Hm" You look through the half-empty bottles of shampoo, and little samplers that he insists on collecting, anytime anyone he knows stays at a hotel. You find unscented body wash and quickly wipe out the sink before plugging it and filling it with water. 

"Here you go sweetheart" You place Jin in the luke-warm water, He jumps a bit and tries to squirm when his paws touch the surface. He relaxes a little when you start scratching under his chin. You lightly lather your hands in the body wash. He purred when you removed the dirt and grime from his fur. "Wow." You gasp, when you're left with a pile of matted fur half the size Jin. You turn on the tap and Jin flinches again when you start to rinse him. Yoongi makes a reappearance.

"So Jungkook said he'll ask his professor, he's confident he'll say yes because students are encouraged to examine friends pets." he said, leaning on the doorframe.

"Excellent!" You smile and turn off the squeaky tap. Yoongi passes you what's left of an old towel. You rub the water off Jin's back and legs, he purrs again.

"Hey, Jinnie" Yoongi rubbed the tip of his finger on his nose. Jin licked his finger when Yoongi motioned to take him from your arms. "Here I've heated up some milk for you." Your brother cooed, showing Jin his gummy smile.

You're beaming. You have your brother back.

You walk back out to the kitchen where Jin is on the counter drinking milk out of a pink tea saucer. You stroke his back and he bends to your touch. 

"I think we found the sweetest kitten in all of Seoul." You say.

"Agreed" You both laugh as Jin crawls back into Yoongi's shirt pocket.

"Y/n?" 

"Hm?" You glance up at your brother.

"Y/n, I'm sorry I haven't been the best brother in the entire world."

"Yoongers, it's fine, I understand. Work is stressful."

"It's not just work, I really want to give you the best I can, and we live in a home that's falling apart at the seams. You really only spend time with my friends and you're not like other girls your age." 

"Yoon, I don't care about our house, and I like your friends! Plus I have Hyung-Jee at school." He gives you a questioning look. "I don't want to be like other girls, I wanna be me! And I just want to spend time with you!" 

He looks down at the half-empty saucer and paused. You look down at your fingers, not sure what to do.

"Life isn't any fun when you act like the world is out to get you." Yoongi stated quietly.

You look up at him, he's focused on the only framed picture of your family. You don't remember that day, but Yoongi does.

"You had just turned four. I was almost nine."

"Yoongi." Your voice breaks.

"It was the happiest I had ever been." You hear him sniff a little. "I miss not worrying about anything." He paused for a long time. He looked at you and instinctively you glance at him too. "C'mon, enough being sad. Go grab a blanket, I wonder if the neighbors are watching t.v?"

A smile stretched across your face. When you first moved in, the apartment across the street always played movies and the two of you would spend hours creating your own dialogue. He refused to get cable saying "A waste of perfectly good money" so you made your own entertainment.

You set up the blanket and all the pillows your arms can carry and dump them on the floor in front of the big window in the living room. Yoongi set up an ancient shoe box with old towels for Jin to sleep in. It started snowing again.

"Really more snow." Yoongi sighed.

"Yoongers it's January, it's supposed to snow." You yawn.

"Yeah I know, but I don't have to like it."

"Sit down, the neighbors are watching an action movie."

"Run! Sandra the thieves are coming!" Yoongi puts on a butchered American accent.

You almost die from laughing so hard. "No John! I won't leave you in this cave!"

You spend the next hour laughing so hard you're in tears. The credits start to roll and Yoongi got up and closed the curtains.

"God, I'm too tired to move this stuff." He sat down again. "Y/n?" You've already passed out. Quickly glancing at Jin who's also fast asleep, he smiled to himself before falling asleep next to you on the carpet.