Kim Namjoon

You hugged Namjoon and cried your eyes out. You probably ruined his PJ shirt from the salt in your tears. It felt like years when you finally broke away.

You glanced at the clock, already 9 pm.

You mumbled through an explanation. And hugged him again.

Namjoon lead you to the couch and handed you a box of tissues and a cup of tea.

He gently rubbed your back "Y/n, if you need to spend the night an wait for it to blow over, you can."

Namjoon's kindness sent you into another flood of tears.

"Tha-ank y-you." You stammered.

He let you cry without interjecting. When you finally calmed down again he spoke.

"Y/n, Jin is not a normal person, we don't know what his normal is. I'm not trying to justify what he did, I'm trying to say that he's a mystery, he's unpredictable."

"I k-know, I just do-on't get it!" You sobbed. "Why m-me?" 

"We may never know." Namjoon gave you a reassuring squeeze "So what exactly did he do?"

"He said we were best friends and then he said he hated me! He was acting like a madman!" You try to calm yourself by taking a cautious sip your hot tea and took another tissue. "God, I was just so scared and confused!" Your sobbing became uncontrollable again.

You saw Namjoon's phone light up with a text from Yoongi, and then another, and then a phone call.

He answered it. 

"Namjoon! Where is y/n! Jin's a crying mess, and her phone is here! Is she with you? Can I talk to her?" Yoongi asked, clearly panicked, he was worried about you. But he was also worried about Jin, and you weren't ready to talk to your brother just yet. 

Namjoon looked at you as if to ask; should I tell him the truth?

You shook your head 'no'. Namjoon's face displayed worry, you knew he didn't want to lie to your brother, but he understood you too. He found a compromise.

"She's safe, but she's not ready to talk." He explained.

"You promise she's okay?" Your brother asked, worry racking his voice.

Namjoon exhaled loudly, "She's fine, I'll bring her back in the morning." 

"Okay." Yoongi said defeatedly, and he hung up.

Namjoon replaced his phone on the counter, pulled you into another hug.

You spent the rest of the evening trying to regain the control of your eyes.

Around midnight, Namjoon lent you an oversized shirt to sleep in and set you up in his bed and he made a move to sleep on the couch.

"If you need anything, holler."

"Namjoon wait, please don't leave me!" You almost shout, the thought of being alone made you panic.

He carefully slid under the covers and sat up, you relaxed into his chest and fell asleep quickly in the arms of a loved one. 

The one who had never let you down.

Always there for you.

No matter what.

***

When you woke, you were still in Namjoon's arms, yesterday felt like a million years ago.

You looked up at Namjoon who was already awake.

"Good morning y/n" Namjoon greeted you with a smile.

You didn't feel sad about Jin anymore, nor angry, just       empty      and Namjoon filled your emptiness with hope. 

You smiled back.

"It's eight o'clock, do you want to go for breakfast?"

You nodded.

Namjoon took you to a little restaurant where the two of you split an enormous plate of pancakes.

You spent the entire morning enjoying your breakfast, in the afternoon on his couch watching silly videos, and for lunch-dinner, he ordered pizza.

You felt better. You felt ready to forgive Jin. 

At five-thirty, Namjoon drove you back to Yoongi's apartment.

The moment you walked in the door, Yoongi gave you a hug.

He apologized over and over.

"Yoongi you did nothing wrong." You said, you can feel the tears bubbling in your stomach again.

Jin rounded the corner and gently made his way to you.

Did he remember his drunken actions? Did it matter? You didn't know. 

Regardless, you pulled him into a tight hug.

"I forgive you."