I have no patience for patients

(Yoongi's perspective)

Yoongi grumbled, naturally waking up at an ungodly hour on a Saturday. It wasn't even fair, he didn't have to be at work until 9 am today and 8 am on a weekday. He looked up at the clock wincing at the stiffness in his back and neck.

Damn 6:30.  He whispered to himself. Being careful not to wake y/n he got up and stretched. "Hi, Jin." Yoongi held out his hand to a wide-awake Jin. Jin happily pounced into his palm. Yoongi walked into his room, sidestepping a rearranged couch. 

He stripped his clammy t-shirt for a fresh one, (making sure to pick one with a pocket), and choose a clean pair of jeans and socks. 

I wonder if y/n kept that box of crafting supplies. He picked up Jin again and placing him in his pocket, bringing him to y/n's closet. He pulled down an old filing box. Bingo!  He thought. He sat down and put Jin on his lap. "This interest you?" he asked Jin, who perked up at the sight of the neon green yarn. 

He ripped off a ruler's length of yarn. Immediately Jin started batting at it. Gosh, you're cute!  Yoongi thought, rubbing Jin's back. Once Jin caught the yarn he started to chew on it. "Hungry much?" Jin looked at him with loving eyes before he crawled back into Yoongi's shirt pocket with his prize. Yoongi replaced the box before moving back into the living room.

 "Morning y/n, you're up pretty early" He greeted.

"Yeah I heard you get up," she said.

"Shoot, sorry." Yoongi said Jin shifted position is his shirt, ticking him.

"No worries, I don't want to spend another minute on the floor." Y/n winced as she stood up.

"Here, go change and I'll set out some cereal for us." 

"Thanks, Yoongers." Y/n walked in the direction of her room, running her fingers through her hair, in an attempt to tame it. 

Breakfast was short, y/n talked about homework and bothersome classmates. Yoongi recounted a story where Dr. Kang made a medication error and the patient yelled at him.  For an hour. 

"Has Jungkook texted you?" She asked.

"No, not yet. But thanks for the reminder." Yoongi pulled out his trusty day planner and added to it.

SATURDAY, JANUARY 6th 2018

-work= 9am-2pm

-get present for y/n's birthday

-nap (for as long as possible)

*REMINDER: Don't punch a patient if they're rude.*

-vet check up for Jin maybe?

Yoongi put the planner on the counter, and Jin crawled out of his pocket and continued his nap on the open book. It was already 7:45 when he changed into more work appropriate clothes, and y/n had heated some milk in a ceramic cup and laid it out in the pink saucer for Jin to drink. 

"Y/n, I'm going to catch the bus to work now." 

"Okay Yoongers, see you at 2." Y/n pulled out more yarn and began dangling it in front of Jin and he started batting at it again.

Okay, I have a 10-minute nap on the bus, then a half hour to 40 minutes at the mall, and I'm still early for work.

He felt the bus come to a sudden halt. Here's my stop.  Yoongi got off at the bus and instead of going to the opposite side of the strip mall, he stayed on the sidewalk. Avoiding black ice, he entered the cheapest store on the strip. A little bell sounded and a high school student approached him.

"Hello sir, how can I help you?" She asked, bowing respectfully.

"I'm just buying a sweater for my sister." Yoongi said kindly.

"Sure thing! The sweater isle is down that way." She cheerfully pointed at the back of the store.

Yoongi gave her a polite nod, he understood the struggle of working retail, at 8 am on a Saturday, for minimum wage. He made his way through the racks of jeans and shoes. Absentmindedly shuffled through the racks of fuzzy sweaters, until a white one with black stripes across the bottom third, caught his eye. Perfect. It wasn't too flashy and they had her size. He grabbed it and brought it up to the girl who had just finished greeting an elderly lady. Yoongi paid for y/n's sweater with a 20,000 won bill (about $20) that he found on the bus last week. He pocketed the spare change and bid the girl a good day, before crossing the street.

 He walked a short distance to the medi-clinic. Once inside he made his way to the stuffy staff room and put away his coat and checked his phone. 

+2 new message

 And Seriously ten to nine already!  

(The message read:)

Kook: Hey, I checked with my professor, he said you could bring that cat in. 

Kook: As long as he's clean

Yoongi: Yea he's clean, y/n bathed him yesterday. 

Yoongi: I'm done work at 2 today, can we bring him in around 3 or so?

A few minutes later his phone went off again.

Kook: Yep, anytime between 1 and 4.

Yoongi: Cool, see you then.

He updated y/n 

Yoongi: Jungkook said we can bring Jin to the University this afternoon, I think a bus runs at 2:30. So be ready to go when I get home.

Short and Little: Sure thing, see you then :)

Yoongi glanced at the wall clock, 2 minutes to nine, close enough. He walked back into the reception area the moment he sat down, a middle-aged lady approached him and started complaining rather loudly about how she had been waiting for more than an hour. He couldn't quite understand her because she coughed between words. Ugh, it's gonna be one of those days.