1.It was her

<Lorna's POV>

Waterproof mascara is a must-have. If someone sees your tears, they can see your weakness.

My makeup was neatly lined on my shelf, in the correct order in which I use them. Concealer, makeup, eyeshadow, mascara, and lipstick. Today, I tried a dark red color in order to appear older. I had to seem older today: The first year as a senior.

I had to prove myself as a mature, friendly person to achieve my goal. My dream to become the captain of the cheerleading team. My reputation had always been flawless. I had good grades at school, I was into fashion and clothes, I was athletic and had the perfect friends.

I checked my school bag, locked the door and enjoyed the sunlight shining on my skin. Soon I heard a car stopping in front of me, knowing that it must be my boyfriend, Christopher. He got out of the car, stepped towards me, pulling me into a tight hug. He was a lot taller than me, enabling him to rest his chin on my head.

"I missed you," I mumble into his soft, black t-shirt.

"Me too, babe"

After talking about our summer holidays, which we had to spend apart, we finally arrived at our school. It was a weird feeling, getting out of the car, knowing that you belonged to the oldest group here. The closeness of our graduation was terrifying. Before I could spend more time on that thought, my best friends Piper and Liza came running towards me.

"Oh my gosh!" We all squealed full of joy, excited for a new year filled with expectations.

Both Liza and Piper were part of the cheerleading team as well. Being in such a club with high reputation, we were only allowed to be friends with the popular kids, such as cheerleaders, football players and so on. Acquaintances with the nerds, geeks, goths or potheads was not an option. Especially if you wanted to be elected as the cheerleader captain, you have to have the highest status and reputation. And this year, nothing would hold me back.

"I am so excited for the new school year," Liza said.

"Me too, I missed you guys so much!" I squeezed their shoulders slightly.

We walked through the entrance of our school, directly heading towards our lockers. Liza and Piper had both left their school books in school over the holidays, but I had kept them in order to work on my skills. Unfortunately, I hadn't found the motivation to either study German or math.

Waiting for the girls to get their stuff, I couldn't help but notice how many new students had arrived at our school. I don't think I had ever seen so many new faces at once. Although I wasn't very good at reading people, many of them appeared to be older than usual freshmen. Normally the halls would be filled with frightened teenagers, scared of how high school was going to be.

"The freshmen look pretty mature this year, don't you think?"

I turned around, facing Piper and Liza.

"You haven't heard yet?"

" Washington High School closed last year. Almost everyone from that school transferred here." The worried expression on Piper's face told me that she was thinking of the same.

Washington High School was known for the potheads. They had great involvement in drugs, for which they were practically famous. Almost nobody of our school -Walgrave High School- ever talked to them. Occasionally we would meet a few people at parties, knowing that we should stay away from them, especially from the people known as - the gang-. It doesn't sound very authentic, I know, but those were the people that had connections.

They were about our age and were known as the local service, providing drugs. Luckily I had never encountered them, leaving me out of all that stuff. Now that they would probably be in the same classes as me, I was actually terrified.