15. I do

<Lorna's POV>

There I was, looking at the girl I grew to love so much who was walking away from me.

Since Friday Nicky had been acting weird. It was more than obvious that she had avoided me, and everytime the dance would come up, she would completely lose it, adopting that sarcastic tone with the "I don't give a fuck" attitude. While my thoughts were circling around Nicky, like they always were, Alex sat down next to me.

"Thinking about somebody?" Alex arched an eyebrow.

"Hmm.."

"Nicky?"

"Yeah, kinda"

"You two should just put your shit on the table and come clean."

"How about you and Piper?" I asked her curiously. Everyday Piper would give me a new status update on their relationship. One day Alex would be an asshole with whom she never wanted to talk again, the next day she would be her love muffin.

"Me and Piper, we're different. It's complicated."

"Yeah, the amount of sex you're having that can only be complicated." I laughed, both amused and disgusted at the same time.

"Piper told you, huh?"

"In detail..."

She turned her head away in embarassment, probably assuming that I know about everything. And when I say everything, I mean everything.

"How is Nicky?" I asked, aware of the risk that I might seem very desperate.

"Good."

"Don't lie to me, I really want to know." I was practically begging her to tell me what the hell is going on with her.

"Look, I really like you, but Nicky is my best friend and I will always take her side, no matter what."

"This is not about sides, Alex. I want to be on Nicky's side, but I can't if she keeps pushing me away."

Alex sighed and stood up, looking down at me, she said sincerely: "Nicky isn't pushing you away. You are the only one she ever let in." With those words she left, leaving me with guilt.

RING RING

"Yes, hello?" I answered my buzzing phone.

"Lorna it's me." a familiar voice spoke.

"Francine?"

"Don't you recognize the voice of your own sister?" she asked me.

"No, I'm just surprised. How are you?" her phone call took me by surprise since we hadn't talked in months, although we had once been very close.

"I'm in town right now, so do you want to meet up?"

"Sure!" a smile spread across my face.

"Let's meet at the park in an hour."

"See you there," I stood up hastily, walking over to my car.

----------

I reached the park ten minutes too early, so I decided to enjoy the nice weather and go for a walk. The children were playing on the playground, the sun was glistening through the branches of the oak trees, making the water of the pond sparkle magically. Although I tried to concentrate on the beauty of nature, it reminded me of Nicky. Honestly, everything reminded me of her. I closed my eyes picturing her in front of me, with that naughty smirk on her face, making some joke. If I concentrated enough, I could even hear her voice. The raspy, sexy voice of Nicky Nichols. Wait a minute. Her voice doesn't sound that real. I opened my eyes, realizing that she was actually here. I looked around the corner, surprised to see her standing next to a tall, blonde guy, who I was very familiar with. Christopher.

Never have I ever seen them talk before. Nicky hated him. Christopher hated her. Their relationship was practically based on hatred, so why were they talking to each other? Before I realized, I was already spying on them, trying to decode some of their words.

"How much?" Christopher whispered.

"90"

"Until when"

"Monday, just give it Logan" she smiled at him "so here". Nicky looked around quickly, before handing him a bag filled with something white.

Drugs. Nicky just sold my boyfriend drugs. Wait, what? Nicky sold my fuckin boyfriend freakin' drugs? My thoughts were a complete mess as I saw how Christopher tapped Nicky on the shoulder in appreciation and walked away. Nicky, on the other hand, started to dial a number on her phone.

"Kubra chill. I did it, no need to worry. Yeah, of course, nobody saw, I'm not new to the business." she said, clearly annoyed by this conversation. She stopped pacing in circles as she saw me, immediately hanging up.

"You sell drugs?" It was an obvious question I already knew the answer to, but somehow I was still hoping there was another explanation for this.

"Do I honestly need to answer that question?" she asked annoyed. There it was again. She was shutting me off, building this wall around her, excluding me from her emotions. Her facial expression revealed nothing as she kept the eye contact, making me feel uncomfortable.

"Why did you sell them to Christopher?"

"'Cause he wanted some" The coldness and monotony in her voice made me realize how others saw her as this unapprochable, cold, direct person who used every one. Did she use me too? Did she use everyone as her client? Like she did with Christopher?

"That's a lie!" I yelled, getting more and more frustrated.

"It's called business, princess"

"What did you do with him?" I stepped towards her, the rage filling me with energy.

"I'm just doing my job!"

"Forget your fuckin' job. There are people you are hurting! This is life, not a business!" I felt tears filling my eyes out of anger and rage as I stepped even closer to Nicky, our faces only inches apart.

"I'm hurting people? What about you, huh?"

"Don't you dare turn this around on me!" I yelled into her face, ignoring the fact that she was probably referring to our relationship.

"You knew exactly what you were getting into. You knew who I was from the beginning."

"No, I didn't. The others did. I never listened to the rumors or all the talk about you, I let you show me who you really are. And this" I pointed at her "This isn't the Nicky I know."

"It's safe to say that you don't know me then, at least when I'm doing my job"

"Am I just business, too?"

I turned around, angry, sad and disappointed at the same time. Deep inside I knew I wasn't angry at Nicky for selling the drugs, I was mad at Christopher for buying them.

"Lorna, wait!" Nicky yelled, her voice was soft, like the times when she gave me advice. I could tell, she was sincere since she was using my real name.

"Look" she took my hands, examining every inch of my face until our eyes met. Instantly all the anger and madness faded, leaving me vulnerable. She inhaled as if the following words would be hard to admit. "I like you" she paused shortly "A lot. I know sometimes I mess up and do things that make it seem like I don't care but trust me..."

She pulled me closer, locking our eyes. I couldn't think of anything but to kiss her right now. She inhaled again before finishing her sentence: "I do"