38. Not waiting

<Nicky's POV>

The cold water was running down my body, gluing my clothes to my soaked body. Although the hot water was running down my face, I was still shivering.

"Nicky?" Vause pulled the shower curtain to the side, looking at me as if I were crazy. Technically, she was right. I was going crazy.

"What are doing?" she asked.

"Just having some serious feelings about certain people" I muttered while shutting off the shower. I rubbed my eyes, the mascara leaving black stains on my hands.

"You're not alone. Get out of there" she grabbed my wrist and pulled me out, earning a grunt from me.

"Still crying after Piper, huh?" I arched an eyebrow "Straight girls... They'll fuck you over every time"

"Just get changed, we're leaving in an hour"

I sighed, looking at my clothes, which were spread across my bed. The suitcase was standing in the corner, looking at me. Laughing at my misery.

---------------

"You're back," Caleb hugged me tightly, squeezing my arms. His tight embrace was familiar, pulling me back into reality. Until now, I hadn't fully realized that I was actually back.

"Home sweet home," I muttered as we walked out of the airport, ready to jump back into our normal lives again.

"Are you going to school tomorrow?" Vause nudged me in the side.

"No-"

"Yes you are," Kubra interrupted me. "Mr. Healy was so pissed. You have a lot of catching up to do."

I groaned while getting out of the car, entering my house again. Nothing had changed. The same boring white walls were still holding the loneliness. The smell of smoke was lingering in the air, reminding me of all the times I had spent here all by myself. I looked around and suddenly everything came back. The thoughts of Lorna, her laugh, her smile, her eyes, her voice. All of our memories were flooding my mind as I was staring into the empty house, which now was filled with nothing but Lorna.

<flashback>

"What do you think of Bora Bora Bora?" Lorna said while letting herself down next to me.

"You mean Bora Bora?" I chuckled.

"I think it's three Boras"

I think you're cute, I thought. The way she curls her hair around her finger without noticing, the way her smile makes my heart go wild.

"so what do you want to do in Bora Bora?" I asked, amused by her childlike curiosity.

"I don't know. Maybe go there sometime, you know?"

"Why are you asking me?"

Please tell me that you want to go there with me. Please...

"You've traveled," she simply replied. I forced a smile, trying to suppress the dissappointment I shouldn't have felt.

<flashback ends>

I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to forget all those memories.

-----------------

"I can't believe that we're here again. In this fucking hellhole," I muttered as Vause and I entered the school building. The hallways were already empty, due to our late arrival. We had decided to come later on purpose, to avoid any unnecessary drama or attention.

Although I was having a conversation with Alex, in reality, I was trying to not run away. I wasn't ready to face Lorna. My stomach was already constricting, as well as my chest and lungs. My hands were shivering as we knocked on the classroom door. Luckily the class wouldn't be able to see me behind her.