3. Her type

<Nicky's POV>

I was still staring at Lorna and the guy in front of her. I couldn't move. I know I should continue walking past them, but my eyes were glued to what was happening in front of me. Without realizing, I had gripped Vause's wrist, a motion showing my discomfort in some situations. Usually, nothing could throw me off, especially nobody. But looking at her, smiling at that jerk with all of her heart, made me want to cry. Even though I wasn't sure whether they were a couple, seeing her with someone else already made me want to punch something. Actually, I kinda wish I was high.

I inhaled a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. It worked since my heartbeat started to slow down and my grip on Vause loosened up. I even got my act together and was about to turn around when I saw that the guy leaned down to Lorna and kissed her. And she fucking kissed back.

Although their passionate kiss disgusted me, I couldn't turn away. My eyes started to sting from not blinking, but I was too mad. I don't know who I was mad at. That guy? Destiny? Lorna? Or just me, cause I normally know better than falling for a straight girl?

I closed my eyes and started to breathe, gathering myself and building up the wall around my heart that nobody besides Lorna had ever been able to tear down.

"Let's go, Vause" I looked at her in an expressionless way and turned around. We walked back in the direction we came from, but she didn't seem to mind. Before turning left, I looked back once towards Lorna, expecting her fingers intertwined with his. Instead, she was standing there, not moving, directly looking at me.

I turned away, suppressing the tear that was on the verge of escaping. I knew that Vause would go nuts if she found out how I felt towards Lorna, so I played cool. Like I normally really am.

"What a slut" I shook my head in faked disappointment, hoping that Vause would believe it was really fake.

"She's exactly your type, huh?"

"Well, I think almost everyone is my type."

"Even Caleb?" she was trying to convince me that Caleb had a crush on me for a year now. It was not working since I, firstly was gay, and secondly wasn't the type of girl who is interested in relationships.

"Fuck off, Vause" I nudged her in the side. "Let's just go and find those fucking potheads"

"Or as Kubra would call them: Our clients" Vause giggled again.

We walked to a park nearby, hoping to find some potheads. Being around new territory was always hard because you didn't know who to trust. This time Kubra had made it clear that cheerleaders were definitely not to be trusted. He had called them "fucking anti-drug rat bitches".

After checking out the park, we went to the football field, hoping to find a few interested football players. Unfortunately, the field was empty.

"Look at this place," Vause said impressed by all the space we got for ourselves.

"Nobody here, huh?"

"If I was Lorna, we would be fucking by now," Vause smirked at me.

"Who said I wasn't planning on doing so with you? The sky is blue, the grass is soft and most importantly, you think that I'm hot," I grinned back, hoping that she wouldn't continue talking about Lorna, making me go crazy.

"Maybe I would fuck you if you weren't such a whore Nicky."

"You're just angry that you didn't get laid by Sylvie yesterday." I laughed.

"She's mad again, I can't deal with that bullshit anymore." Vause sighed, clearly annoyed by all this relationship drama she was going through. That was exactly the reason I hated relationships.