<-09->

<-I-L-A-<<<
"You heard of me?" He raised his eyebrow.

"No, I think I'm mistaking you for Francesco Casciani," I said, shaking my head. There was no way I got myself involved with the biggest, baddest mafia in America. They were always on the news every night, either with a bank robbery or murder.

"That would be my father." He said, scratching his head.

My jaw dropped. I was sitting down in front of the son of a mafia lord.

"The documentary said nothing about Francesco having a son," I told him.

Il Bisbiglio was a well-known mafia. There were documentaries made of them by polices and detectives. For decades,  the cops have been trying to capture any man that had ties with Il Bisbiglio.  Not one man was ever caught alive. Just as the police had them in the palm of their hands, they willingly killed themselves. Therefore no information of them ever reached the law, keeping the mafia a mystery.

"We only let out what we want them to know," Matteo said seriously. "If they knew about me, I'd be the second most wanted man alive, next to my father."

"What exactly do you do?" I asked. I didn't know what made me ask that question. Especially since I was afraid to hear the answer.

"None of your business."  He said, harshly.

I was taken aback by his sudden mood shift. The guy, five minutes ago, that was openly flirting with me had disappeared.

>>>-M-A-T-T-E-O-> 
I didn't mean to snap. She doesn't have to know what goes on in the black market. She'll only judge me and the people who are in this risky business. Besides, she seems to already have a good idea of what goes on based on the fearful look she had on her face when saying the mafia's name.

I was debating on whether to apologize or brush it off when my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and saw it was Lorenzo. I cleared my throat and answered.

"Yes?"

"Where are you?" He asked.

"The gym," I answered. "Why? What's wrong?"

"We have to meet Charlie, remember?"

"Isn't it at six?" I asked. I checked my watch and saw that we had three hours until that time.

"He changed it to five."

"There is no one at the house to watch the doctor." I frowned.

"What happened to your grandmother and sister?"

"My grandma left to drive Serena to the airport. She's dropping off Maria."

"Just bring the girl with you."

Leaving no room for disagreement, Lorenzo ended the call.

I got up from the floor. I was about to offer my hand like a gentleman but Ila was already on her two feet.

I stared at her, contemplating my decision.

"What?" She asked as she shrunk under my gaze. She squirmed and nervously played with her fingers. Realizing that my stare was making her uncomfortable, I shifted my view onto the floor.