<-25->

<-I-L-A-<<<
I opened the door and we walked inside my apartment. Emmet, without my help, took his luggage into the guest room. As he did, I quickly tidied up the place. I fluffed up the sunken pillows and dusted off any visible surface, making it look like I haven't been away from my home.

"Hey, Ila?" My brother called me from the guest room.

"Yeah?" I answered, quickly sitting on the couch to look normal.

"What in the fridge?" He asked. Emmet appeared out of the hallway that led to the rooms. He had changed out of his suit into casual wear, shorts and shirt. "Let's eat before I unpacked."

I looked away from him and glanced at my fridge. I thought of all the food inside that sat untouched while I was away at the mafia house. Oh, the mold.

"Let's grab a bite to eat." I suggested.

"Fine by me." He said, walking to the exit of the apartment.

I followed behind him. Emmet opened the door and an unaware Marcella, who was looking at her phone, knocked on his chest.

She must have felt that's something was off and looked up.

"Woah," was all she said.

"Umm.. hi?" Emmet said, more like asked.

"Emmet, this is Marcella. She's my friend," I explained to my brother. Then I introduce him to Marcella. "Mar, this is Emmet, my brother."

"Ila told me she had a brother. I wonder why she failed to mention that you were hot."

"Ew." The mold in my fridge didn't seem so bad after all. I could see in Marcella's eyes that she was ready to play. Seeing that it was my brother, I found that disturbing. "Marcella, we decided that we are going to grab dinner."

"Is she coming with us?" My brother asked, sounding a little bit too hopeful.

"Unfortunately, she has to. She's my ride."

I walked down the stairs, occasionally looking behind my shoulder to see how the two were getting along. They stood side by side, walking down the steps in unison.

"Sweet ride," Emmet said as he hopped into the passenger seat. "I have a Porsche back home."

I rolled my eyes, sitting in the middle of the back seat.

"I also have one," Marcella said.

"Really?" Emmet was definitely intrigued. "What do you do?"

"I am a co-owner of a very powerful company."

"And how does a beautiful lady like you know my sister?"

I gagged. My brother was hitting on Marcella and Marcella was doing the same back to my brother.

"Ila..." Marcella's eyes met mine in the rearview mirror, "Works for me now since she got fired from her last one."

"As a doctor?"

"No, as my personal assistant," Marcella lied, "Don't worry it pays well."