<-28->

<-I-L-A-<<<
I buckled my seatbelt in the passenger seat and looked at Matteo.

"Ready?" He asked, right as our eyes connected.

I opened my mouth to answer but the boys in the back beat me to it.

"Yee!" Giovanni said.

"Let's go!" Aiden hollered.

Marcella frowned."You guys aren't even buckled in yet."

After hearing two more clicks of the seatbelt, Matteo started driving. He offered to drive me back to my apartment and the rest of the group decided to follow. Aiden and Giovanni were curious about my brother.

"We have to go over rules," I said, turning in my seat to look at them.

"What do we need rules for?" Aiden asked, frowning.

"It's mainly for Giovanni," I admitted.

"Me?" He asked, pretending to be clueless, "Why me?"

We all laughed, knowing exactly why.

"One, refrained from making suggestive comments or jokes. I don't want him to be concerned with who I'm hanging out with. Two, don't bring up anything that has to do with Il Bisbiglio. My brother doesn't know about us being in the mafia and I want to keep it that way. I don't want him suddenly knowing something he probably didn't want to know and become responsible for it. Three, don't flirt with my brother."

"Wait, why would I flirt with your brother?" Giovanni asked.

"I added that one for Marcella."

She shook her head, rolling her eyes, and then stuck her tongue out. "No promises."

In all our laps, except Matteo's since he was driving, was the dinner that we took from the dining room to bring to the apartment. It was Marcella's idea to eat at my apartment. It reminded me that I should clean out my fridge before the mold in there spreads far enough to kill me and my brother in our sleep.

By the time we got to my apartment, the food was semi warm and Marcella was drenched in soup due to Aiden tilting his food bag on her when Matteo made a turn.

We all carried our bags of food into the building and went to my apartment by elevator. I opened the door and we entered my home. Matteo, Giovanni, Aiden, Marcella, and I walked into Emmet sitting on the couch, flipping through the television channels. He noticed our presence and turned his head to face us.

"Oh, hello," Emmet said as he got up from sitting to politely greet us.

"I brought some of my friends and food from work," I told him.

"I just had some takeout, but I'm never full." Emmet grabbed the plastic bag out of my hand. "Hi, I'm Emmet, Ila's only and older brother."

"Matteo." Matteo introduced himself, extending his arm out.

As they shook hands, Emmet turned his hands to examine Matteo's arm. "Nice tattoos, man."

Matteo nodded, accepting his compliment.

"Hey, Marcella." My brother smiled.

"Good to see you again, Emmet. You guys go ahead and introduce yourself. I'm going to go change into something less soupy." Marcella said, walking down the hall to where the bedrooms were.

"Aye, man," Giovanni said, turning Emmet's handshake into a man hug. "The name is Giovanni. You can call me Gio for short, but I promise you that nothing of me is short."

There goes rule #1. I mentally facepalmed myself and sighed disapprovingly. Emmet just forced a smile on his face and pulled away from Giovanni. My brother hesitated on extending his hand out for Aiden.