<-40->

<-I-L-A-<<<
I opened my eyes and instantly shut them with major regret. Everything was so bright as if a flashlight was shown directly into my eyes. It's been a considerable amount of time since I saw sunlight.

"It's locked. That's weird, the side door of the garage is always opened." I heard Claire's voice from far away.

"Do you have the keys?" Stefan asked, sounding like he was next to her.

I heard the jingling of keys and figured he was trying to unlock the door that led into the garage. In a distance, I could hear people yelling, some screaming, and the sound of guns being fired. We're my mafia already here?  I forced my eyes opened to see the situation. Claire and Stefan were focused on opening the door a few yards away that they laid me down against the garage, leaving me unattended. I turned to look at the other side to see the house. The windows were broken, a sign that Il Bisbiglio had come and forced an entrance. I quickly closed my eyes and went back to the position I woke up in, pretending to be unconscious.

"He's got all this damn money and can't even fix a goddamn door," Stefan muttered, talking about Stollo as he started to kick at the door.

"Would you hurry?" Claire asked. "It sounds like it's going bad in the house and I definitely don't want it to catch up."

I deeply inhaled and exhaled. My heart started pounding as I got nervous. I was going to try and make a run for it. I needed more time. I was moments away from getting pushed into a car and goes to who knows where. Then, there will be no guarantee that Matteo will ever find me again. My attempt to escape was going to happen on the count of three.

One.

Two.

I hesitated. Doubts flood my mind right at the last second. Fuck it.

Three.

I was on my feet in a ragged movement. Not looking back, I pushed myself to lift up my legs to run away. I bit my lip, trying to distract myself from the old pain and the newer pain of my feet hitting the gravel.

"Stefan! Look!" I heard Claire yelled. The sounds of running footsteps followed after me.

I tried to quicken my pace. I ran not knowing where I was going, following the road that led away from the buildings. It was seconds later until I was tackled to the ground. I landed foreword with Stefan's arms wrapped around my waist. Even with Stefan holding me down, I tried to get him off of me. My attempts were useless.

Claire came running to us. "I opened the door already. Let's hurry."

She crouched down and gripped my arm. With Claire securing me, Stefan got up and grabbed my other elbow. The got me to my feet and began to drag me. I tried digging my feet in the ground and squirming in order to get free but I was too weak compared to them.

"Stop going against us," Claire said, whipping out her gun in threat.

"You wouldn't," I said. "Stollo doesn't want me dead yet."

"Who said I couldn't shoot you and you'd stay alive?" She motioned at my feet with her gun.

Stefan stopped. We were halfway to the garage and decided to take a new approach.

"I'll carry her," he said. Stefan, then, me over his shoulder

"Help! Somebody help me!" I yelled, resorting to my last option.