<-13->

<-I-L-A-<<<
"Are you done?" Matteo asked me.

"Yeah," I told him as I nodded my head.

He got up from his seat and grabbed his dishes, "Okay then, follow me."

I got up and grabbed everything I ate with. Before I left to follow him, Marcella told me, "It was nice talking to you. I hope we get to know each other more enough to be friends, connections are important within a mafia."

I smiled at her, unsure of what to say. She grinned back and I looked into her blue eyes. I'm not sure what her intentions might be, but I can see her as a potential friend.

I caught up with Matteo before he could disappear behind the kitchen doors. The kitchen was roomier than the dining room. I couldn't believe that all the food, that was just served, was made in here since it was spotlessly clean. I counted four ovens, six dishwashers, three sinks, and six fridges. It was clear, they were living lavishly.

"After eating, everyone is obligated to bring their dishes to the sink for the maids to wash." He said as he brought me over to one of the sinks.

He held out his hand for my plates and I gave it to him. Matteo placed the dishes inside after rinsing them. He, then, guided me out of the kitchen through a different pair of doors that led us into the living room.

"We don't really have any house rules," Matteo explained to me as we climbed the stairs to our rooms. "There's no curfew or anything. Just live respectfully and don't bother anyone."

We were barely on the second floor and I was slightly winded.

"Do you guys have an elevator?" I asked. A house with four floors should have an elevator.

"We do but it hasn't worked for about two weeks now." Matteo explained, "Adien thought it would be funny to cut the lights of the elevator for a prank but ended up damaging a wire that was needed for it to operate."

We reached my floor and Matteo walked me to my room. Standing in front of my bedroom door, I asked, "Is there anything else I should know?"

"Almost everyone carries a weapon around the house. Try not to sneak up on anyone." He advised.

"Okay," I said, nodding.

"Goodnight, Ila." He said before leaving to the staircase, disappearing up the stairs.

"Night," I called out to him.

I stood out in the hall for a while longer as I thought about my day. The first conscious day being a part of the mafia was rather fun. I got to see upstate New York while driving in my dream car, 2 years of my rent got paid, and I just had the best pesto I've ever tasted. If this was what a mafia member goes through, I don't mind. From what I've seen so far, none of them acted like coldblooded murders. 

I smiled as I opened my door, ready to get some sleep. My smile was quick to disappear for a frown to replace it. It looked like a tornado happened in my room. It was a mess. My clothes were everywhere, ripped to shreds. My expensive medical books were torn, pages were spread all over. I walked over to my bed to find my hair products dumped on the sheets. The pillows smelt like my conditioner as the blankets carried the scent of the combinations of all my perfumes. Even my suitcases were destroyed.

I heard the sink running in the bathroom. I rushed to find all my makeup products dumped in the overflowing bowl. I quickly turned off the water and  I happened to peer into my tub. I saw my Ipad and Macbook submerged in a bubble bath.