<-14->

<-I-L-A-<<<
"I picked the room furthest away from the boys," Marcella admitted as she led me to the room down the hall.

The format of her room was built just like mine. The way Marcella had personalized it made it different than mine. Her bed was pushed from the middle to the corner. By the bed, the bedside drawer was missing and the work desk had replaced it. Above the desk, there was a big window that had the view of the backyard. Looking directly down, the pool was in sight. On her walls, pictures of family and friends and paintings of flowers were hung.

"I'll be right back," Marcella said, walking into the bathroom. She came back a few minutes later with clothes in her hands, "You can wear these for tonight. In the morning, you can pick anything out of my closet to change into."

"Thanks," I said, receiving the clothes. "I'll shower after you then."

"No, go ahead. I already showered."

I quickly washed and changed. When I was fully dressed, I looked in the mirror to see how the clothes fit me. The oversized t-shirt was loose. It comfortably covered the red running short that hugged my bottom favorably.

Walking out of the bathroom, I saw Marcella holding pillows and a blanket. Assuming that they were for me, I extended my arms out to grab hold of the items needed for slumber.

"You can take the bed, I'll be on the floor," Marcella said as she moved the blanket out of my reach.

"No, no," I refused, "I'll take the floor. You can sleep on the bed."

"No, you can sleep on the bed, Ila."

"No, Marcella. You're kind enough to let me sleep in your room. Let me take the floor."

"No, as a friend, I'm letting you take the bed"

"Okay, if we are friends, why can't we sleep on the bed together?" I asked for a compromise.

Marcella raised her eyebrow in suspicion. "To be clear, I don't swing that way."

"I don't either." I said.

As we climbed into the bed, I remembered about my teenage years that consisted of sleepovers. Marcella was first to get on the bed. She took the left side, leaving the right side of the bed for me. I got under the covers and I laid down. Just as my head hit the pillow, it hit something hard.

"Ow!" I yelped as I jolted up, rubbing my aching head.

"Oh! I forgot." Marcella said. She lifted the pillow up and revealed a gun. "Sorry. I keep it there for emergencies."

She removed the gun from under my pillow to hers. I suddenly got nervous. Not only was I sleeping in a mansion filled with criminals who kill without a piece of mind, I was laying right next to one who had a loaded gun under her pillow.

"Goodnight," Marcella said. She clapped twice and the lights in her room went out.

Then again, I can't complain about their luxurious lifestyle.

<•••>

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I slowly sat upright on the bed. I repeatedly blinked in order for my eyes to adjust to the sunlight that seeped through the blinds.