king kunta

*song of the chapter: king kunta by kendrick lamar*

"When you say Laufey's dead, do you mean completely?" Jaime asked, very seriously for such a stupid question.

"No, his arm's still alive but the rest of him is gone. Obviously he's completely dead you moron." Tony replied sarcastically.

"Jeez, sorry, just checking." Jaime held up his hands in a mock surrender.

"So, why aren't you allowed in on the meeting?" I gestured to the door leading to Vic's office where Angel, Mike, Tony and Vic had disappeared around half an hour ago.

"'Cause they always end up kicking me out of the room for not taking things seriously, so now instead of going through the effort of letting me in and then kicking me out, they just don't let me in all together anymore." Jaime shrugged; clearly being kept out of the loop didn't bother him too much.

"I can't say I'm surprised." Tony commented, not looking up from the phone he held in his hand.

"That's just rude." Jaime complained.

Before anyone else could speak the door opened and Angel popped her head out, "Tony, can we borrow you?"

"Anytime for you sweet cheeks." The older man winked before rising from his seat, readjusting his suit slightly before heading into the room behind Angel.

As the door closed behind them Jaime looked at me before quietly singing, "Just the two of us-"

I held up a hand and cut him off, "Please don't."

* * *

"So, who's Laufey?" I asked.

By this point everyone had filtered out of Vic's office except for the man himself, so I slipped in before the door closed and settled in one of the armchairs. Vic was still sat in the chair behind the desk but now he'd kicked his legs up onto the desk and leaned back slightly.

"Laufey is, or was, the leader of a gang called Jotunheim. They were one of our main links to America and any business we had over there was done through them. Now we're gonna have to re-negotiate everything with Loki and god knows that kid has some serious issues so who knows how that's gonna go down." Vic explained, looking extremely stressed.

"Surely you should be against Loki because he killed Laufey." I frowned, confused.

"Yeah but the kid's messed up, he's got some serious daddy issues and a whole bunch of other things going on. The whole family's pretty crazy to be honest so I'm not exactly surprised it turned out this way." The brunette shrugged.

"Okay, so who's heading to America?"

"Probably Tony and Tony," Vic snorted slightly at the matching names before continuing, "our Tony is probably the best negotiator we've got and Stark needs to head back sometime anyway, might as well head back and help us deal with the fall out." Vic stood up from his desk chair and headed towards me, settling on one of the sofas and lying down along it.

I laughed to myself a little when I realised the scene now looked like I was a therapist and Vic was spilling all of his problems onto me.

"So that leaves the rest of us to deal with Ben." I realised.

"Exactly." Vic pointed at me, confirming what I had said.

"What's the plan for that exactly?" I asked.

"I haven't thought of that yet but I'm sure someone will think of something."

"Brilliant."

* * *