Chapter 16

"You should invite your friends, I'd love to meet them." Jonathan smiles as him and Evan walked down the sidewalk, no particular destination in mind. "You already met my friends. But, if you don't want to I completely understand."

Evan was still trying to wrap his head around what had happened before they left, thoughts running all over the place as he remembered how close their faces had gotten. "If you really want me to, I can invite them." He answered, pulling out his phone. "Where should we meet?"

Jonathan took a moment to think. "What about that place where we first met up? I'm dying to have another one of those milkshakes." Evan just nods, unable to help the smile that creeped onto his face as he saw Jonathan's grin.

Evan: u guys wanna hang out with me and Jon? We're going to that diner by school rn

Craig: oh hell yeah im down those shakes are the shit

Tyler: I'm down

Brian: we'll be there

David: yup

"They're coming." Evan slides his phone back into the pocket of his jacket. Silence settled between them once more as they continued walking.

"So, tell me about yourself." They halt at a crosswalk. "Besides your name, age, what grade you're in, you get it. Nothing I already know."

Evan thinks for second, wondering what he could possibly tell the boy beside him. "I like vodka." Was all he think of.

Next to him, Jonathan lets out a laugh. "Not what I had in mind, but I'll take it. So, vodka, eh?"

"Y-yeah." Evan chuckles. "Why don't we just play 20 questions? That makes a bit more sense." He looks at his friend, who nods in agreement to his offer. "Ok, I'll start. Erm, favorite color?"

"Light blue." The brunette smiles, thinking of a question to ask back. "Biggest fear?"

Evan looks at the ground as the light turns green, allowing them to walk across the street. "Flying." He admits, turning towards his friend. "You?"

"Spiders." Jonathan shivers at the thought. "Your favorite color?"

"Dark red." Evan answers without even having to think. "Favorite animal?"

"Okay, this may be a bit weird, but I really like snakes. I don't know why, but they're just so awesome in my eyes." Evan chuckles at the excitement in his voice. "Okay, okay. Hm, favorite subject?"

"History." Evan was too shy to say English, so he instead chose his second favorite. "Yours?"

"Math." Evan could tell that they were just a few blocks away from the diner. In his pocket, his phone buzzed. He ignored it. "Do you have a crush on someone?"

Evan's blood ran cold, muscles tensing as they reached another crosswalk, halting as they waited for the light. "No." He lied, unaware of what the boy beside him knew.

"Are you sure you're not lying to me?" Evan felt his breath catch in his throat, a sinking feeling in his chest telling him that Jonathan knew something.

"That's two questions." He dodged the second question by referring to the rules of the game they were playing.

"The game is twenty questions, we're barely on four, meaning that I still have sixteen left, so answer it." Jonathan spoke harshly, pretty much demanding an answer.

"I'm not lying. I don't have a crush on anyone." Evan said, looking up and letting out a sigh of relief as he caught sight of his friends. "Hey! Guys! Tyler!" He called out, running ahead to catch up with them.