Chapter 32

Evan remembered that the outfit he had chosen was one that Jonathan had previously said looked great on him, Evan walked to the theater with a smile. Any chance he got to see his boyfriend made him happy. To hug him, kiss him, it made him happy knowing that someone really wanted him there.

Or, maybe not.

Evan walks through the double doors of the theater and immediately feels his heart drop, his eyes focusing on the sight in front of him and he doesn't even notice he lets out a gasp before quickly turning around and leaving. He tries to clear his head before his emotions take over, instead numbing his senses as he leaves, tears welling up in the corners of his eyes.

----

With a quick glance at the double doors, noticing that he had just entered, he quickly pulled Jonathan forward, pressing his lips to his, closing his eyes to make it more believable, his hood covering his face save for his eyelids, which the natural light hit perfectly.

He heard a gasp come from the person who entered, then after a few moments he heard rushed footsteps and the door close behind him. He forcefully pushed down the guilt that was rising in his chest as he brought the kiss to an end.

He pulled away, and smirked at the person in front of him, whose eyes were wide in shock, tears brimming at the corners.

"W-why would you do that?" He said, hatred and pain filled his voice, his fists clenched at his sides as his expression changed from shock to anger. The boy in front of him laughed, grabbing Jonathan's chin and pulling his face close to his.

"Because he's mine."

-------

He stormed away, fists clenched as he felt his phone repeatedly vibrate in his pocket- he ignored it, utterly furious. If he let his anger fall, his sadness would drag him down, followed by the rest of the thoughts that haunted him on a regular basis, except so much worse.

Not surprisingly, he began to hear his name be called by someone behind him. Upon hearing the voice, tears began to prickle his eyes, and he quickly brought up his sleeve to wipe them away as he forced his legs to keep walking, taking him further and further away from his current growing problem. He should've known that things were too good to be true.

Ignore him, he told himself, ignore him, he'll go away if you just ignore him. As he told himself all this, he didn't notice the voice and footsteps growing closer with every passing second. He just tried to keep himself calm and his thoughts away from anything that could send him into a panic, his anger levels threatened to spike.

His wrist was met with a sudden tight grip, spinning him around and bringing his face close with Jonathan's. Almost immediately Evan felt his anxiety begin to spike as he realized he was already beginning to melt into the boy's eyes. He wanted to be angry, to be upset and maybe even hit the boy, but his feelings were a mess and his thoughts immediately associated Jonathan with happiness, even though that wasn't the case at that moment. Evan couldn't let him off easily, he couldn't, but he wanted to.

"Evan, please listen to me, I can exp-" Evan pushed his boyfriend off him, freeing his wrist from his grip. Tears came back in almost an instant as their eyes locked again, Evan could physically feel himself growing weaker from the sadness in the other teen's eyes. He wants to pull him into a hug, but that's a wrong thing to think, and a few tears escape him as he lets his anger take over for a little bit. His walls slightly falter at the surge of emotions he feels.

"Explain what, Jon? That I'm just not good enough? That you found someone else? There's nothing to explain, Jon, there's no coming back from this." Evan had to force his eyes away, quickly wiping his tears again. He feels his walls crumble just a bit more, chip, chip, chipping away with every passing moment.