Chapter 42

Tyler shoved a stumbling Evan into the closest open bedroom once they were upstairs. "Get on the bed." He ordered as he locked the door. Tyler looked back at Evan, who had yet to move. "Now."

"Tyler, please don't do this, you don't really want to do this-" Evan is shoved onto the bed, causing him to let out a yelp of surprise. He tries to push him off. "Please, Tyler, I thought you were my friend."

Tyler got onto the bed as well, hovering over Evan much like last time. "I am your friend Evan-"

"No, no you're not." Evan begins to breathe faster, earning a slap from Tyler who hisses at him 'no panic attacks'. Scared, Evan forces himself to stay calm. "You're not my friend." Evan's voice quiets to a whisper.

Tyler laughed at his comment. "Are you kidding me? I am your only friend, Evan. You think that Brock, Brian, David, Craig, all of them, you think they're your friends? They're not. You know Brock? He thinks you're a bad influence, he was ready to drop you like you were nothing."

-------

"You know, Brock, Evan really likes Jonathan, I know he does. I hope breaking him won't break him in the process. That would really suck." Tyler scrolls aimlessly through his phone, holding a casual conversation with his friend, who was chilling at his house for a few hours.

"Wait, what? Tyler, no, that's wrong, you can't do that to Evan, he's your best friend!" Brock was thrown off by what Tyler had said, he had always thought that he was better than that.

"And I want him to see that not everyone gets what they want!" Tyler had shouted out in defense.

--

"What you said in there, about Evan being a bad influence, you said that just because you don't want us to be there when this bet hurts him, huh? You want me to call it off?" Tyler had gotten really close to Brock after the rest of the guys had left.

"Of course I do, you're completely insane! You just told us that Evan has anxiety and he probably wanted that to be between you two, what are you playing at here, Tyler?" Brock got in his face as well, trying to figure out Tyler's motive.

"Nothing, Brock. I'm just doing what I need to do in order to protect my friend."

---------

"-they all are ready to ruin you at a moment's notice Evan, with any amount of ammunition. What about Craig? After you didn't show up to lunch for a few days, who texted you? Exactly, I did."

---------

"I feel really bad about blocking Evan, you think he's okay? I haven't seen him, should I text him?" Craig says, his eyebrows furrowed with worry as he looks at his phone, ready to type.

"I wouldn't if I were you, he told me he got sick and has to miss the next few days, but he'll be fine, don't worry. Just let him rest, don't bother him." Craig nods at Tyler's words, putting away his phone while Tyler quickly texted Evan with a smile.

----------

"Face it, Evan, Craig hates you, he doesn't care about a thing that you do. And Jonathan," Tyler kisses Evan for a few seconds, "you will always be his second choice, isn't that tragic? First, he picked Luke, then, some dude he met at an abandoned theater, he always chose someone over you, Evan, doesn't that hurt?"

----------

"Shit, my phone just died. Jon! Can I use your phone to text my mom real quick? I was about to, but mine died." Tyler called out to Jonathan, pushing his half-charged phone into his pocket. Jonathan nodded.