Firey Leaves

( EDITED AND REVISED)

I walk up the stairs clad in a light jacket, and an f/c scarf. I reach the top of the stairs, only to fin everyone lined up in front of Zane, army style. The cyclops- I mean, *Cough*, Zane turned to stare at me with an ice blue eye. He tilts his head towards the empty spot in between my brother and Travis.

I scuttle to fill the spot, shooting a questioning glance at Travis. He shrugs and I turn to face Zane.

" We need to be systematic," Zane stalks up and down the line, and counts off each goal on his finger, " Organized," He glares at a couple of my friends, namely Garroth and Laurence, " And efficient," This time he glares at me. I hold my hand to my chest, shooting him a ' Who, me? ' look.

He somehow glares more at me as I slowly lower my hand back to my side, stifling a giggle. He rolls his eyes at me, but gestures for the group to follow him.

Cold air floods into the room, blowing a few strands of H/l, H/c hair into my eyes, as Zane slides open the glass door. He leads us single file out to the yard.

First off, why am I listening to Zane?

Second off, why am I letting him treat me like a child?

Third off, Why is KATELYN letting this happen?!

The crunch of brightly colored leaves under my feet disrupts my thoughts, lifting the corners of my mouth as I kick one of the piles near the door. I look around at the leaves on the withered grass. It kinda surprised me that no one had thought of raking them yet, especially since they probably fell before Halloween.

Zane starts to argue with Katelyn, while KC tries to break them up. I glance around to make sure no one's looking at me as I tap excitedly on Travis's shoulder. He jumps a little, clearly not expecting it, and turns around to face me.

" What?" He asks loudly, before I put a finger up to my lips, So he chooses to whisper-yell instead, " w h a t? "

" After everyone's done raking, let's jump in the pile!" I whisper - yell back, a grin appearing on my face, and spreads to Travis's aswell. I start to giggle, but Travis quickly draws a finger over my lips, the walks over to grab a rake. I scrunch my nose, attempting to cool the rising heat that's spreading over my cheeks, and follow him.

I hop up next to him and grab one of the old rakes. Looking around, I spot KC raking alongside Garroth and Laurence. They were excitedly whispering something with sparing glances towards me. I sigh as I go over to the spot where Travis and Dante were raking. My sigh doubles as I see them arguing over how to rake the leaves.

I thought they were, like, best friends, what happened?

( we all know what happened)( Cough *You* Cough)

" You have to do it in a circular motion!" Dante demonstrates, dragging his rake through the multi-colored leaves, " And you don't rake them into one big pile, you rake them into smaller piles so they're easier to clean up!"

" You are INSANE!" Travis grips his rake tighter, and viciously re-rakes the leaves, " You rake it into ONE FRICKING PILE to make cleanup easier!"

I roll my eyes, walking over to them. Their yells grow louder as I near, and with a deadpan face, I kick up the (somewhat) neatly raked piles. My expression nearly sways when I turn to see Travis and Dante frozen, mid-argument, looking at me as if I was the crazy one.

Dante squints his eyes, " Why would you do that?!?"

I smile, " Because."

Because I was done with their bullshit.

I re-re-rake the leaves, stifling a laugh under two pairs of eyes that were currently trained on my back. I finish up fairly quickly, raking the dry, crunchy leaves into the main pile, which was now above my knees. I allow a small smile to flit across my face, before fixing it into a triumphant smirk as I turn around to face my partners.

Travis raises a brow, while Dante rolls his eyes as I pop out my hip and rest my hand on it. My eyes swipe over them quickly, my grin growing slightly, " Hey Dante, could you go get some of those big trash bags?"

He hesitates, but turns to get them as he looks over his shoulder, " Anything for you, Shortcake!" He yells, then jogs into the house, along with Zane.

" DONT CALL ME THAT!" I yell back, laughing slightly.

I turn to give Travis the thumbs up to jump but stop short when I see his expression. His pale lips were set in a small pout, his nose scrunched up. His bright green eyes were dulled, as though someone had pulled the light from behind them. Said eyes were lidded, his dark brows pushing them down as he looked from the door of the house to his feet. My grin stops it progress across my face and instead turns to a concerned frown. I walk towards him cautiously, reaching my arm out.

" Travis....?" He lets a short breath out of his nose, " Are you ok?"

I take another step towards him, " Please tell me what's wrong.."

" Well..." He starts, eyes looking anywhere but my own, " It's just that, Dante has a nickname for you.." I tentatively reach out, and brush a stray strand of hair out of his eyes, " And I dont.."

Realization dawns on me, as I smile slightly, " So, you're just, jealous?"

He fights a grin through his fake pout, act dropping quickly, " Maybe..."

I giggle, and he crosses his arms, a bright crimson spreading from his ears and spilling onto his cheeks, "It's not funny Y/n!"

mhm, that's why you're laughing

I laugh again, " Awwww, poor little Travis is jealous of his best friend." I reach out my arm and boop his nose, " Anyways-"

I suddenly feel Travis pick me up, and I see a smirk flash on his face before I fly through the air, the huge pile of leaves catching my fall.

I squint through the sun, warm leaves falling around me. When suddenly, a dark shadow covers and the sun and pounces on me.

Travis stares down at me, eyes shining with laughter. His hands rest on either side of my head, a blush progresses across my face as I realize how close his face is to mine. Well, it's probably also due too how Travis was literally laying on top of me, in a somewhat, *cough* provocative position. If you know what I mean.

He looks down at me, before leaning down to whisper in my ear, " You know, Y/n,"

His stark white hair brushes up against my nose.

"It's really not nice to tease people."

So imma leave it at that! The plan for the next chapter is probably gonna be a lemon/lime but completely optional (maybe). But trust me, for all y'all that asked for smexyness I WILL DELIVER!! Thanks so much for waiting and reading!