Prologue

No POV

It was just a regular day at (y/s) you were in first period, learning about soul history and traits. "Alright class who can tell us what a Red soul's trait is? No one, fine I will just pick at random. (y/n), what is the soul trait of a red soul?" (Y/n) sighs I really cannot win can I. Whenever I want to be noticed I'm ignored, but when I want to be alone I always have to do something for someone else. "A red soul is Determination." "Yes that is correct."

Your POV

Cool I got it right but I shouldn't let my guard down yet. At least not until....*the bell rings loudly*... yeah that. "Alright so now to English, my least favorite class, after math of course. "Hey look who it is, the loser who can't even use and doesn't even know his soul's power," someone behind me said, "hey loser turn around and look at me." I slightly turn to see the one and only, (thank god for it), Kent Bradley. "What do you want Kent?" He made that sinister smile towards me, "I want you to give me your lunch money, ya dumb ass." I just turn away and say "I dunno I think you could stand to lose a few pounds, and I know my soul power, it's something that can easily kill you." He just looked at me "y..you...you BITCH, I'll kill you," he runs full speed at me with his fists wrapped in his fused soul's colors of maroon and navy blue (confidence and intensity)"DIE!" I look back to him with a soulless look in my eyes, and I just slowly step out of the way. Miss. He continues his flurry of attacks and not a single one makes contact. "See I told you that I could easily beat you. You begin to walk to English and think back to when you found out about your soul's power.

Flashback with no POV

"I hate all of them, they have crossed the line this time." You run straight into the town's graveyard, "I will stay here until I know what my soul can do......W..What the." You look around and notice all the graves begin to have glowing heart shapes on the ground, "How is that happening...W...wait a minute does this mean I have the same soul as those two crazy scientists I learned about in history." You start thinking back to them. The scientist named Dr. Grayhorn was a brilliant man with an incredibly unique soul that had the ability to assimilate souls into his like a monster could while still being a human, one day he executed his final experiment where he would test the limits his soul had. He ended up absorbing 100 human and monster souls and was consumed by his own soul, becoming the world's first philosopher's stone. Hundreds of years later another man by the name of Dr. Wilkinson found out that he had the same soul as   Dr. Grayhorn and just like him tested his limits and rather than become a philosopher's stone his body rejected all of the new souls and he lost control of himself and blew up. When you stopped thinking you realized that every grave had a soul floating above them, you couldn't even react to them all as they quickly flew at you.

End of flashback 

Your POV

I have been able to keep them all from combining with my soul but every day more come to me and I don't know how much more I can handle. You then realized that you were already sitting in your English class and a klaxon was going off, it was an earthquake. You quickly got under your desk with your arms over your head when you saw them, cracks, they were all over the floor and they were spreading, around your desk. You didn't know what to do, you heard that the school was built on a hollowed out mountain but you weren't sure about the hollowed out part and if it is true then you would fall through the floor. You took the chance only to regret it. The floor collapsed under you and you fell for what seemed like hours until you saw a light at the bottom and you passed right through it.