Eight:

"Good." Harry patted his shoulder before standing up straight. "So Louis.. I'm not going to lie to you. I'm starting to become rather frustrated with you."

Louis tried to look up. "I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing. I know you're not sorry." Harry added. "I hate fake apologies. I know right now you're probably scared, frustrated and maybe even a little bit angry, am I right?"

Louis decided not to comment.

"Talk to me or the tape goes back on." Harry growled.

Louis let out a shaky breath. "Y-Yes."

"I figured as much." Harry snickered to himself. "Anyway, I know someone in your current situation probably doesn't feel very apologetic. So why say it?"

"I.. I don't know." Louis shrugged.

"Exactly." Harry leaned against the wall as he spoke. "You should never say something unless you really mean it."

Louis pulled his knees close to his chest. "Okay."

"Okay." Harry rubbed his forehead in frustration. "Anyway, back to why I'm frustrated with you. The first reason being you tried to rat me out to your mother when you made it very clear to me that you wouldn't try anything. Why did you do that?"

Louis opened his mouth to speak.

"And don't say you're sorry because that is a bullshit answer. Give me the real reason for why you did it." Harry interrupted.

"Um.." Louis struggled to think.

"We've got all night.." Harry said. "We've got all weekend, if necessary."

Louis cleared his throat. "Because I wanted to escape."

"There it is!" Harry slapped his knee. "Now we're getting somewhere. Why did you want to escape?"

"Because." He bit his lip. "I'm scared you're going to kill me."

"But I already told you I wouldn't if you did what I asked." Harry sounded perplexed. "Why would you do something to make me want to kill you if that's what you're most afraid of?"

Louis tried to sound as honest as possible. "Because I don't trust you. All you are to me is a voice in the dark."

"I understand your frustration, I really do." Harry nodded, sarcastically. "I would show you my face but that definitely wouldn't turn out well for you."

Louis didn't comment.

"Anyway.." Harry sighed loudly so Louis could hear. "The second reason being that when I went upstairs.. there was no safe to be found. Either you're lying to me or you're a really bad guesser."

"I don't live here anymore." Louis admitted. "I went off to college a couple months ago. I don't really know where they keep stuff anymore."

"You don't remember where they kept it before you moved out?"

"No." Louis shook his head. "I don't remember."

Harry tsked. "Here's my problem.. I'm having a real hard time believing you. You've already lied to me once, how do I know you're not doing it again?"

"I'm telling the truth." Louis' voice cracked. "If I knew, I promise I would tell you!"

"Alright, no need to get your panties in a bunch." Harry paused, pacing back and fourth. "Does your father have an office or something?"

"Yes." Louis answered. "It's upstairs.. the third door to the right."

"Okay." Harry looked down at him. "Unfortunately.. I don't really trust you to be by yourself anymore."

"I won't do anything." Louis began. "I promise."

"You had your chance." Harry said, turning his body away from him. "I'll be back."

Louis stayed quiet, listening to the man abruptly walk out of the room.

He swiftly returned, crouching down to Louis' ankles.

"What are you doing?" Louis asked, unable to see a thing.

"I was getting a knife."

Louis started to panic, curling his knees into his chest. "Wait.. w-why?"

"Chill out." Harry started to cut the tape from his ankles. "I'm just gonna have you follow me around while I look for my money."

"But.. I can't see." Louis added.

"Well you better get used to it." Harry shrugged. "You won't be able to see for a long time."