Thirty-One:

Zayn dialed Louis' mums number, waiting as it rang out loud.

Louis nervously bit his tongue.

"Hello.." A man answered.

Zayn paused. "Mrs. Deakin?"

The line went silent. "Mrs. Deakin will no longer be taking calls. I will be handling the negotiations from now on."

Zayn shook his head. "And who the fuck is this?"

"I am the lead hostage negotiator with the Doncaster police department-"

Zayn angrily snapped the phone in half, throwing the remains at the wall.

"Argh fuck!!" Zayn gripped his hair. "Pack your shit! We're leaving the hideout tonight!"

Liam chimed in. "Where would we go!"

"Mexico." Zayn said. "I don't care how we do it but we need to get as far away from Doncaster as we can."

"Mexico?" Harry raised a brow.

"Yes, Harry. Mexico." Zayn stomped over to him. "And if you want to have a chance of coming with us.. you best dispose of your little boyfriend."

"But-" Harry began.

Zayn glared. "Tonight."

Louis gulped.

Harry tried to stall. "You're really just gonna give up? Can't we negotiate with the police department?"

"They probably have every cop in Doncaster on this case, Harry! You can't negotiate with cops!" Zayn folded his arms. "This was over from the start. We need to get out of here before they catch onto us!"

Harry looked beside him, meeting Louis' worrisome gaze.

"If you won't do it." Zayn huffed. "I will."

"No." Harry shook his head. "I should do it."

Liam stepped forward. "Are you sure you can?"

"Yes." Harry looked down, trying to act brave. "I can do it. No problem."

Louis looked at Harry, mouth gaped.

"The sooner the better." Zayn said. "We'll be waiting for you once the job is done."

Harry nodded before grabbing Louis' arm.

"W-Wait.." Louis drug his feet. "Please, I-"

"Lets go!" Harry pulled him harder until they were out the door.

"You better not chicken out, Styles!" Zayn called after him. "It will only come back to bite you!"

Harry shoved Louis into the passenger seat, slamming the door behind him. He jumped into the drivers side, starting the car.

Louis slouched over in his seat with immense fear on his face as Harry drove out of the parking lot and onto the abandoned road.

"I can't believe my family would do this." Louis shook his head. "Why didn't they fight for me.."

Harry looked over.

"Why does no one ever fight for me.." Louis choked out, tears falling from his eyes.

Harry looked back at the road, not saying a word the entire car ride.

He finally pulled off to the side of the road, parking near the woods.

Louis let out a shaky breath, looking over at the woods and then back at Harry with wide eyes.

"You're not gonna say anything?" Louis sniffled. "Nothing at all?"

Harry unturned the key, staring at him before opening his car door.

He walked over to the passenger side, pulling Louis out of the car.

"Harry, please just say something!" Louis allowed himself to be pulled out.

"Turn around." Harry demanded, spinning Louis around and pinning his front side to the side of the car.

"What are you-"

Harry pulled out a blindfold, wrapping it around Louis' eyes.

Louis' breathing began to quicken. "Why are you doing this.."

Harry turned him back around, releasing him from the car.

"Harry, please-"

"Walk." Harry said.

Louis slowly began to walk forward, allowing Harry to guide him deeper into the forest.

The leaves crumpled beneath them as they walked.

Louis bit his lip, fighting back tears as he walked further into the woods.

"Stop." Harry demanded.

Louis stopped.

"Get on your knees." Harry whispered.

"Harry.. I-"

"Just do it." Harry shook his head.

Louis paused before slowly lowering himself onto the ground, hearing the leaves crinkle beneath his knees.

Harry pulled out the gun from his pocket, tears falling from his eyes as he pointed it to the back of Louis' head.

The tension began to build as Harry stood there, hand trembling as he held the gun.

Louis started to sob, preparing himself for certain death..

Something he had been anticipating since he first laid eyes on Harry.

Harry let out a shaky breath before suddenly lowering his gun.

He knew couldn't do it.

Harry put his gun in his pocket before pulling out a small key.

He leaned down to Louis' hands, unlocking the handcuffs from his wrists.

Louis brought his hands to his front, rubbing his wrists in shock.

Before he could take the blindfold off, he heard Harry walking to the front of him.

He felt him crouch down to where he sat on his knees.

"Goodbye, Louis.."

Louis heard a deep voice whisper before planting a long soft kiss upon his trembling lips.

They breathed in each others kiss, feeling a moment of pure bliss.

"I'll always remember you." Harry released his lips.

Louis shook his head, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Don't leave me here." Louis choked out. "Please."

Harry left one more kiss on his forehead before walking away, leaving Louis in the woods.

Louis slowly took off his blindfold, hearing a car drive off behind him.

"Harry?" Louis turned around to see the car was gone.

He touched his lips with the pads of his fingers, feeling the kiss linger.

He wiped his teary eyes, unable to comprehend the fact that he was still alive..

Or the fact that he'd never see the curly-headed boy ever again.