Nineteen:

"I can't believe I let you talk me into this." Zayn shook his head in disbelief as he wrote the ransom note.

Harry held Louis close to him, waiting for Zayn to finish writing it.

"Hurry up, we need to go!" Harry shouted. "His parents will be here any minute."

"I'm finished." Zayn threw the note on the kitchen counter.

"What does it say?"

"It says." He looked down, squinting his eyes. "We have your son. Call the police and he's dead. Await further instructions."

"Is that really necessary-" Louis chimed in.

"You shut up!" Zayn lifted his hand to slap him, causing Louis to quickly look away.

Harry grabbed his hand before he could.

"I told you not to touch him!" Harry groaned.

Zayn pulled his hand away. "Who are you to say who touches him or who doesn't! This is my job too!"

"I'm in charge of the hostage." Harry added.

"Says who!"

"Says me!" Harry got up in his face, causing a stare down.

"Guys.. we need to go!" Liam looked around. "Now!"

Zayn huffed. "We'll meet you back at the hideout. Don't leave any evidence behind."

Harry watched as Zayn and Liam walked out the front door.

"Fuck.." Harry grabbed his forehead.

Louis cleared his throat. "Um. Thanks."

"Stop." Harry held his palm up. "Don't thank me, alright. You need to learn to keep your mouth shut from now on."

Louis looked down.

"We need to go." Harry pulled his arm, leading him toward the front door.

"W-Wait.." Louis drug his feet. "We can't do this to my mother.. she'll have a heart attack."

"We don't have a choice." Harry turned toward him. "The only reason you're still alive right now is because I convinced them to hold you for ransom."

"It just seems so cruel." Louis looked around at the mess.

"Would you prefer if she found her son dead along with the mess?" Harry furrowed his brows.

Louis sighed. "No."

"Didn't think so." Harry pulled his arm, leading him out the door. "Let's go."

Louis looked behind him, getting one last look at the house before he was shoved into Harry's passenger seat car.

Harry made his way to the drivers side, turning it on.

"Any music preferences?" Harry started to pull away from the house.

Louis didn't answer, staring blankly out the window before bursting into tears.

Harry grew uncomfortable with his crying. "Don't cry. I can't handle that shit."

Louis sniffled. "You know how you said to always say what you mean.."

Harry looked over at him. "Yeah.."

"I-I'm really scared." Louis admitted. "I'm scared of what my mum is gonna do when she finds me gone. I'm scared of what you guys are gonna do to me at this hideout. I-I'm scared of-"

Harry gripped the steering wheel. "Please.. just.. stop."

Louis breathed in. "How can I stop when there is no way this ends well for me or my family? I've seen your face. You told me you would kill me if I did."

Harry stared ahead. "Just do what we say, alright? Things might change once we get the money."

"But-"

"You don't have a choice, Louis!" Harry grew frustrated. "You're just gonna have to trust me.. there's no other option!"

Louis paused.

"Okay.." Louis tried to stay positive, shaking off his tears. "Sorry.. I just needed to let that out."

"Don't apologize." Harry looked over at him.

An awkward silence filled the car.

"So.." Harry cleared his throat. "You really think I'm not ugly?"

Louis furrowed his brows at him. "This couldn't be a more awkward time to ask that."

Harry shrugged. "I'm just curious."

"No. You're not ugly." Louis paused. "What you do for a living is pretty ugly, though."

Harry raised a brow. "Excuse me?"

"I just don't understand why someone like you would want to waste their life doing this.." Louis began. "You could be a model or an actor, but instead.. you hurt people for a living."

Harry breathed in, trying to control his anger. "I never hurt you and you know it."

"Not physically.." Louis looked over. "But mentally and emotionally.. you've destroyed me."

Harry didn't say anything, clenching his hands on the wheel in a frustrated way.

"Just.." Harry sighed. "Stop talking before that mouth gets you in trouble."