Time of the Angels (1)

"I promise, nothing is going to happen to us. I'll keep us safe. Everything is going to be alright just stay here."

"No, I'm coming with you. We fight together." Aubrielle heard her voice say.

"If you die, I will literally go out of my freaking mind. Let me protect you." He whispered. 

"But, who's going to protect you?" She whispered back crying.

"I can protect us both. It's not safe for you, promise me you'll stay here." He begged her.

"But-"

"No, promise me." He cut her off, grabbing onto her shoulders tightly.

"I promise." She whispered, tears filling her eyes at the fear of losing him.

"I love you." He told her, kissing her forehead softly, before taking off to the living room where all the noise was.

"And I love you." She whispered even though he was already gone.

She flinched at the sounds of shouting and glass breaking echoing through the house. She worried for Louis. She knew that he wouldn't be able to handle the intruder on his own. She knew that she had to help him, after all, this is all her fault. The sudden smell of smoke filled her senses, causing her to cough lightly. She raced out to the main lounge to find fire dancing around the room, growing bigger by the second. The smoke impaired her vision, not allowing her to see anything. She couldn't see the man creep behind her and she couldn't see him wrapping the garrote around her neck.

Aubrielle shot up, gasping for breaths and coughing lightly. Her eyes fill with tears from viewing a scene of that night. She doesn't even remember falling asleep. Aubrielle was terrified. His voice rattled through her head, his face showing up every time she closes her eye. She feared to be alone, and she feared to fall asleep again, terrified of what had happened, happening to her again. She feared the memories will appear and she'll wake up screaming and that's exactly what happened.

She doesn't want to remember what happened, only forget. That was the worse night of her life. She lost him. Forever. She lightly touches the wound on her neck and flinches from the pain it created. She knew what she did was wrong, she knew she should have tried harder to prevent what had happened. Now someone is dead, and it was all because of her. What is she going to do?

A soft knock on her door broke her from her train of thoughts. She glanced at the clock in her room and took note of the late time that lit up in red. Who would be here this late? Another knock on the door came, making the younger Pond slowly walk to the door in hesitation. The Tardis left out a comforting hum to assuring her that whoever was outside that door wouldn't harm her. Taking a deep breath, Aubrielle slowly opened the door, only to see the Doctor with his hand raised to knock again.

"Doctor?" Aubrielle asked, staring at him in confusion.

The Doctor's head shot up from looking down to meet her eyes. He could see the dried up tears on her cheeks and the heavy, dark bags under her red-tinted eyes. He then knew his hearts were right, she was crying and she was sad. He couldn't figure out what had happened to her. When he first met her she was always smiling and laughing but now it's all fake. It breaks his hearts to see her this way, believing that this is all his fault, he avoids her gaze once again.