Time of the Angels (3)

The group made it into the maze and as they walked through, they peered at the many statues. Aubrielle got a bad feeling looking at these statues and it only increased the more she watched. Something about these statues gave her a bad feeling and she didn't like it one bit. Aubrielle was brought out of her thoughts when Louis laid a hand on her shoulder.

"Are you alright?" Louis asked, pulling her to a stop.

"Yeah, just have a bad feeling." Aubrielle said, avoiding his gaze.

"A bad feeling about what?" He asked her.

Aubrielle went to respond but Amy interrupted the conversation.

"Isn't there a chance this lot's just going to collapse? There's a whole ship up there." Amy asked in curiosity.

"Incredible builders, the Aplans." River replied.

"Had dinner with their Chief Architect once." The Doctor added cheerfully before pausing and muttering absently: "Two heads are better than one."

"What, you mean you helped him?" Amy asked confusedly.

"No, I mean he had two heads." The Doctor replied, before turning and asking River: "That book, the very end, what did it say?"

"Hang on." River murmured, beginning to dig around for the book while Aubrielle's bad feeling increased significantly. She knew something was wrong but she couldn't put a finger on it.

"Read it to me." The Doctor told River, and she pulled out the book, opening it to the end as she began to read.

"What if we had ideas that could think for themselves? What if one day our dreams no longer needed us? When these things occur and are held to be true, the time will be upon us. The time of Angels." River read off.

Aubrielle stared at the statues in confusion, the answer to what was wrong laid at the tip of her tongue but she lost it whenever she tried to speak up.

"Lovely species, the Aplans." The Doctor's voice brought her out of her thoughts. "We should visit them sometime."

"I thought they were all dead?" Amy asked in confusion.

"So is Virginia Woolf. I'm on her bowling team. Very relaxed, sort of cheerful. Well, that's having two heads, of course. You're never short of a snog with an extra head." The Doctor retorted.

"Doctor..." Aubrielle trailed quietly, but no one seemed to hear her.

"Doctor, there's something. I don't know what it is." River confessed in confusion.

"Yeah, there's something wrong. Don't know what it is yet, either. Working on it. Aubrielle too, I bet." He agreed.

"Of course, then they started having laws against self-marrying. I mean, what was that about? But that's the Church for you. Er, no offense, Bishop." The Doctor rambled on, adding the latter after catching the sight of Octavian's face.

Something had finally clicked in Aubrielle's mind but when she went to speak, Octavian had cut her off.

"Quite a lot was taken, if that's all right, Doctor." Octavian said pointedly to the Doctor.