The Pandorica Opens (3)

Inside the TARDIS

The TARDIS was just acting weird for River.

"What are you doing, what's wrong"

Underhenge

"There are cracks. Cracks in time." The Doctor stated. "There's going to be a huge explosion in the future, on one particular day. And every other moment in history is cracking around it."

"So how does that work? What kind of explosion? What exploded?" Rory asked in confusion.

The Doctor remembers talking with River in the forest of the Byzantium while looking at her communicator.

'And for those of us who can't read the base code of the universe?'

'Amy and Aubrielle's time '

"Doesn't matter, the cracks are everywhere." The Doctor said defiantly. "Get too close and you can fall right out of the universe."

"So I fell through a crack and now I was never born?" Rory questioned.

"Basically."

"How did I end up here?"

"I don't know, you shouldn't have. What happened? From your point of view, what physically happened?" The Doctor questioned.

"I was in the cave, with you, Amy and Aubrie. I was dying and then I was just here, a Roman soldier. A proper Roman. Head full of Roman stuff, a whole other life. Just here like I'd woken up from a dream. Started to think it was a dream. You, Aubrie and Amy and Leadworth. Then today, in the camp, the men were talking about the visitors, the girl with the red hair. I thought you'd come back for me. But she can't even remember me." Rory explained.

"Oh, shut up." The Doctor interrupted.

"What?"

"Go get her." The Doctor said handing Rory the ring box.

Rory looked down at the box. "But I don't understand. Why am I here?"

"Because you are." Aubrielle's voice answered before the Doctor could as she and the twins walked over.

"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous, and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles, and that's the theory." Aurelia continued.

"But this would do me. Now get upstairs, she's Amy and she's surrounded by Romans. I'm not sure history can take it." The Doctor finished.

Rory nodded and then headed in the direction Amy left. The Doctor continued examing the Pandorica. Aubrielle and the twins waited until Rory left to speak.

"I found them, they're okay." Aubrielle spoke pulling the twins closer to her as she smiled brightly.

The Doctor smiled. "They'll be okay as long as they have you."

Aubrielle moved away from the twins and jumped into the Doctor's arms, hugging him tightly.

"Are you okay?" Aubrielle whispered.