The Hungry Earth (1)

Graveyard

The Tardis lands in an abandoned graveyard.

"Behold, Rio." The Doctor is first to burst out, the girls poke their heads out and so does Rory.

"Nah." Amy says as she walks out looking around.

"Not really getting the sunshine carnival vibe." Rory walks out behind them.

"No?" He walks further ahead than everyone else, Aubrielle close behind him.

"Ooo, feel that, though. What's that?" Aubrielle asked.

"Ground feels strange. Just me. Wait. That's weird." The Doctor starts jumping up and down

"What's weird?" Rory asked.

"Doctor, stop trying to distract us. We're in the wrong place. Doctor, it's freezing and I've dressed for Rio. We are not stopping here. Doctor. You listening to me? It's a graveyard. You promised me a beach." Amy complains as they follow the Doctor to the other side.

"Bluegrass." Aubrielle comments as she picks up a small patch of grass.

"Patches of it all around the graveyard. So, Earth, 2020-ish, ten years in your future, wrong continent for Rio, I'll admit, but it's not a massive overshoot." The Doctor explained.

"Why are those people waving at us?" Amy asks, pointing out the two people all away across the field.

"Can't be."The Doctor said in disbelief.

Rory puts his hand up to wave back: "Don't."

"It is. It's you two." The Doctor said as he takes out a pair of binoculars to look at the two people across the field.

"No, we're here. How can we be up there?" Rory looks confused.

"Ten years in your future. Come to relive past glories, I'd imagine. Humans, you're so nostalgic." The Doctor admires.

"But where am I?" Aubrielle questioned, she scrunched her eyes, trying to see if another ginger appears beside them.

"We're still together in ten years?" Amy questioned, ignoring her sister's question.

"No need to sound so surprised." Rory defended.

"Hey, let's go and talk to them. We can say hi to future us. How cool is that?" Amy asked, going to drag Rory away to meet future them.

"Er, no, best not. Really best not. These things get complicated very quickly, and oh look!" The Doctor said, pointing at a tall structure that looked to be part of a mining plant.

"Big mining thing. Oh, I love a big mining thing. See, way better than Rio. Rio doesn't have a big mining thing." The Doctor rambles.

"We're not going to have a look, are we?" Amy asked, looking quite worried.

"Let's go and have a look. Come on, you three, let's see what they're doing." The Doctor runs off, leaving the trio standing alone.