The Big Bang (2)

Museum Roof

The Doctor climbed out of the stairwell with Aubrielle right by his side. They climbed out onto the roof, Amy and Rory following close behind.

"What, it's morning already?" Aubrielle asked, looking at the sky above.

"How did that happen?" Amy questioned, looking towards the Doctor.

"History is shrinking. Is anybody listening to me? The universe is collapsing. We don't have much time left." The Doctor used the sonic on a satellite dish.

"What are you doing?" Rory asked.

"Looking for the TARDIS."

"But the TARDIS exploded." Rory argued.

"Okay, then. I'm looking for an exploding TARDIS." He corrected, removing the dish from its mount.

"I don't understand. So, the TARDIS blew up and took the universe with it. Why would it do that?" Amy questioned.

The Doctor and Aubrielle stood on a raised section of the roof. "Good question for another day. But for now, total event collapse means that every star in the universe never happened. Not one of them ever shone. So, if all the stars that ever were are gone, then what is that?"

The Doctor pointed to a large ball of fire in the sky. "Like I said, I'm looking for an exploding TARDIS."

"But that's the sun." Rory said, his voice laced with confusion.

"Is it? Here's the noise that sun is making right now." Aubrielle asked as the Doctor held up the dish and amplified the sound of the TARDIS with the sonic.

"That's our TARDIS burning up. That's what's been keeping the Earth warm." The Doctor explained, smiling down at Aubrielle.

"Doctor, there's something else. There's a voice." Aubrielle and Rory said.

"I can't hear anything." Amy said.

"Trust the plastic." Rory replied as Aubrielle stayed quiet.

The Doctor adjusted the settings of the sonic.

"I'm sorry, my loves." It kept repeating.

"River..." Aubrielle whispered in worry. "Doctor, that's River."

"How can she be up there?" Amy questioned.

"It must be like a recording or something." Rory took a guess.

"No, it's not. The emergency protocols The TARDIS has sealed off the control room and put her into a time loop to save her. She is right at the heart of the explosion." The Doctor explained.

The Doctor then used the vortex manipulator and disappeared onto to reappear a few seconds later with River.

"Amy! Rei! And the plastic Centurion?" River questioned, looking towards Rory.

"It's okay, he's on our side."

"Really? I dated a Nestene duplicate once swappable head, it did keep things fresh. Right then, I have questions. But number one is this What in the name of sanity have you got on your head?" River asked, turning to the Doctor.