Heartaches

Aubrielle and the Doctor were lying in her bed. His arms were wrapped around her waist as he held her closely to him. His thumb rubbed soothing circles into her stomach as she sighed as he heart felt a little less heavy. A tear slipped out of her eye and she sat up in the bed causing the Doctor to pull her closer to him as he sat up as well. 

"Love, you can talk to me." He whispered in her ear, kissing her throbbing temple as a headache brewed. 

Aubrielle wrestled with her mind. She knew that the Doctor deserved to know that she had lost their baby but she loves him too much to put him through the heartache that she is going through at the moment. Aubrielle didn't want the Doctor to hate her when she revealed that she was the reason why their baby died. She failed as a mother and she failed as a soulmate. 

"I'm so sorry." She whispered into his chest as she turned around and clung to him, her legs straddling his waist. 

"You have nothing to apologize for love." He whispered, pressed his lips against her head before resting his chin on her head as he used on hand to grab the back of her head and pulled her closer to him to stop her silent sobs. 

"But that's just it, I do!" She yelled, jumping out of his arms and pacing the room while pulling her hair. The Doctor cautiously got up and followed her but was careful not to touch her knowing that it would cause to have a panic attack at this point. 

"It was my job, Doctor! Mine!" She exclaimed, halting to a stop as she turned to face him. er anger filled expression fell into one of sadness but the Doctor knew she didn't want to be touched right now, and that killed him. "And I failed, I failed at my one job and nothing is ever going to make that right." 

She took a deep breath, attempting to calm herself down from exploding at her soulmate. She just couldn't believe that she was so stupid. She couldn't even think about what happened let alone say it aloud to the father, to someone that she knows is going to leave her as soon as she tells him. 

"I need you to tell me what happened." The Doctor pleaded to her. "I don't know how to help you." 

"I was pregnant Doctor." Aubrielle whispered. "The night that I went down the hole with River, Rory and the twins, the silence came into the room and the next thing I knew Louis was pulling me out and brought me to a hospital where I lost my baby." She took a deep breath and looked him in the eyes. "Our baby." 

"You were pregnant?" The Doctor questioned. "With our baby." 

"I'm sorry..." Aubrielle trailed off, sniffles coming from her nose as she looks down at the ground.

"I should have been there." The Doctor said, his temper flaring. "I should have been there with you but instead I was what? Chasing down some little girl? And it was all for nothing because we didn't even find her." 

"Doctor." Aubrielle whispered but her voice went unheard. 

"I left you all alone, all alone to grieve the lost of our child. Y-you were alone and I-I wasn't there for you, for either of you." The Doctor rambled, his angered expression falling into a heartbroken one. 

"Doctor, I-" 

"And our bond was broken." His head suddenly shot up, his hand coming to cover his mouth as his eyes filled up with tears almost breaking surface. "Our bond was b-broken, you were weakened because of me, our baby died because of me!" he suddenly shouted. 

"No!" Aubrielle shouted grabbing onto his hands. "This is on me. I was his mother, I was the one who was suppose to protect him alone until he left my body and you could help. It was on me."

The Doctor shot his head up looking at his beloved. His face was red with tears and his hair was messy from the amount of times he had ran his hands through it his eyes were the worst, they were filled with tears and they shined with a certain emotion that only parents could hold but he still looked beautiful to Aubrielle,  He always looked beautiful to her. 

"You blame yourself?" He questioned, his eyebrows furrowing into a guilty expression. He was suppose to protect her from this pain but he broke her instead. He broke there bond, making her vulnerable to the outside world. To his outside world. 

"I'm so sorry, my stars." She cried, rushing over to him and hugging him to her. He lifted her up effortlessly carrying her over to the bed and laying her down with him right behind her in a spooning position. 

"No, my sun." He replied softly, kissing her head. "I'm sorry."  

A/N: So sorry for such a short and sad chapter but this is going to begin their character progression and it was needed for the remaining chapters. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed it and I will have another chapter for you tomorrow! 

Thank you for reading and voting.