Flesh and Stone (1)

"Up. Look up." The Doctor ordered everyone quickly as he helped Aubrielle to her feet.

Everyone was struggling to get to their feet on an artificial surface, although the tunnel walls are the same. They were all disoriented after jumping right as the Doctor had fired his shot.

"Are you okay?" River asked the girls and Amy replied confusedly: "What happened?"

"We jumped." Aurelia replied as her and her brother checked on Aubrielle.

"Jumped where?" Amy asked bewildered.

"Up. Up. Look up." Louis and the Doctor ordered gently at the same time as the group all stumbled to their feet finally.

"Where are we?" Amy asked, looking around the tunnel.

"Exactly where we were." River explained, and Amy said in confusion: "No we're not."

The Doctor had quickly walked over still holding Aubrielle's hand and pulling her with him as he ordered Amy: "Move your feet."

Amy did as she was told and The Doctor bent down, Aubrielle following and sonicked a circular hatch in the floor, with six inset lights around it. The clerics were all looking up as the Doctor had ordered, keeping their eyes fixed while Amy demanded tightly: "Doctor, what am I looking at? Explain."

"Oh, come on, Amy, think." Louis retorted. "The ship crashed with the power still on, yeah? So what else is still on?" The Doctor finished Louis statement.

Amy still looked confused as she glanced about, and Aurelia sighed quietly: "Amy look up instead of around you."

The Pond sisters did as told, and they each let out a gasp as they saw the Angels standing on the ceiling, reaching their arms out towards them as they hung upside down. Except, the ceiling looked like the maze, and the Byzantium was missing from the roof.

They gasped again as they finally understood what happened, and the Doctor nodded, explaining: "The artificial gravity. One good jump, and up we fell."

He mimed jumping again making Aubrielle let out a small laugh and he said: "Shot out the grav globe to give us an updraft, and here we are."

"Doctor, the statues. They look more like Angels now." Octavian said tightly.

Aubrielle glanced up to see the statues growing wings and their bodies are slowly restoring to look more like the Angel from the security footage. Louis explained: "They're feeding on the radiation from the wreckage, draining all the power from the ship, restoring themselves. Within an hour, they'll be an army."

The circular hatch finally opened, and as it did two of the lights on the Byzantium's hull went out.

"They're taking out the lights," Louis commented.

"Oh really, I didn't notice." Aurelia deadpanned, the group's lips twitching a bit at her comment.

The Doctor suddenly became serious as he ordered the group: "Look at them. Look at the Angels. Into the ship, now. Quickly, all of you."

He sat down at the edge of the hatch, moving to drop through. Amy glanced down at the far drop down the hatch in panic, demanding: "How?"