Curse of the Black Spot (1)

|Inside | TARDIS | Aubrielle's Bedroom |

"Do you ever think about how life would be if you were human?" Aubrielle questioned as she laid in the Doctor's arms on her bed.

"Human?" The Doctor questioned, sending a small smile to Aubrielle. "Why would I ever want to be one of those stupid apes?"

"Oi! My sister is one of those stupid apes!" She laughed lightly at the face he was making as she nudged his torso with her elbow.

"Okay, okay." The Doctor laughed looking down at her with a smile before it disappeared.

The two sat in silence for a moment, Aubrielle tracing his features with her eyes never leaving his own even as he thumb trails his lips which fell into a frown.

"What is it?" Arubrielle questioned seeing the smile fall from her lovers face.

"I love you." The Doctor said quickly. "You know that right?"

Aubrielle was silent for a moment, not quite sure why he is saying this all of a sudden. She was about to respond with her answer when the Doctor quickly sat up and turn her to face him, her legs straddling his waist.

"Aubrielle, my love..." He started, cupping her cheeks with his hands as he brought her gaze to his own. "All my life, I have been searching for something. I never knew exactly what I was searching for until I found you."

Aubrielle's watery eyes met his as his thumb gazed along her bottom lip. She took in a shaky breath but when she tried to speak, he continued.

"And I know that I hurt you...and I've never been more sorry about anything in my life." He whispered. "I made a promise to you the night of our engagement and I broke it. I wasn't there when you needed me the most and that's something I will never be able to take back. I will do whatever it takes to make it up to you. Please forgive me, my love."

Aubrielle watched him, her breathing shaky as he brought her head to his. His lips ghosted over her and she whispered over them. "Always"

The Doctor smiled into their kiss as she lifted her hands up to the base of his neck, playing with his hair. He held her tightly, vowing to herself to never let her go again as the bond between them once again grew as they shared the night with one another.

| Outside | Sea | Night |

"April the first, 1699, the good ship Fancy. Captain's journal. Eight days we've been stranded in these waters, and still there is no wind to fill our sails. The ship is helpless, marooned in a silent ocean. We cannot run and we cannot fight. All we can do is await our fate. An enemy lurks out there in the darkness. She comes for us when the ocean is still. One by one the crew have been taken. The men are exhausted with fear. We cannot last much longer. I feel an evil presence lurking in the shadows somewhere, forever watching me. I pray for a fair wind that will carry us away from this accursed place, but I fear that we are all doomed to die here." Avery spoke while writing.

Outside | Deck |

The pirates climbed aboard and were greeted by another.