A Christmas Carol (3)

Inside | Sardick Residence | Past |

The Doctor, Aubrielle and young Kazran ran down the stairs. As young Kazran got a lamp. The Doctor and Aubrielle were distracted by the Christmas tree in the room. "Ooh, a tree!"

Aubrielle stared at it once more before pulling the Doctor's hand as young Kazran was already a length away, leading them into the basement.

Inside | Sardick residence | Basement

The Doctor peered through a small and saw room lined with containers, similar to the one that contained the young woman earlier. Aubrielle stood on her toes and peered over his shoulder, her hand still laced in his. He looked at her with a smile, seeing her fail to see over his tall frame and he moved so she could see.

"What is this?" she asked in confusion.

"The surplus population. That's what my dad calls it." The trio all tried to turn the wheel to open the door. "Oh, it's not turning! Oh, why won't it turn?"

The Doctor used the partial sonic on the security keypad, but it didn't work. "Ah, what's the number?"

Inside | Sardick Residence |

"7258" Kazran stated.

Inside | Sardick Residence | Basement |

"I don't know!" Young Kazran replied when the duo turned to him.

"This place is full of alarms, it's not just the door. I need the number!" The Doctor said, going back to the wheel by Aubrielle's side.

Inside | Sardick Residence |

"7258!" Kazran shouted.

Inside | Sardick Residence | Basement |

"I need the number!" Aubrielle whispered, searching for the answers through the wind.

"I'm not allowed to know until I'm older."

7258

Inside | Sardick Residence

"7258!" Kazran repeated.

"Just what we were after." The Doctor was at the door, the TARDIS behind him. "Thank you!"

He closed the door.

Inside | Sardick Residence | Basement |

Young Kazran and Aubrielle heard the Doctor arrive. Young Kazran was already typing in the number Aubrielle told him making the Doctor pout.

"The wind?" The Doctor questioned, kissing Aubrielle's temple.

"The wind." She confirmed, smiling at him.

The wheel to the door unlocked and they opened the door.

Inside | Sardick Residence | Ice Vault |