Scents (Part 1)

Hi!~ I'm back! I was in Tasmania for a bit so uh, yeah. Anyways I'm back with another chapter!

~~~~~~~~

Magnolia was so close to winter. Everyone was excited to see the snow, especially Fairy Tail. That was, until the news broke out.

"This year's winter in Magnolia is going to be a snow-less one. Due to the weather being a bit warmer." Levy read out.

Everyone groaned, shouting disappointingly. But the loudest voices in the crowd were the four dragon slayer's.

"WHAT!? NO NO NO NO NO!!!" Natsu yelled angrily.

"STUPID MOTHER NATURE! WHY!!!!!!!!!!" Gajeel shouted, tic marks forming.

"OH GOD!" Laxus growled out, accidentally shocking a few people.

 "WAHHHHHH!!!~" Wendy straight out cried. Falling to her knees and rubbing her eyes as the tears rolled down faster than waterfalls.

The guild stared at their reactions. Mostly surprised about how Natsu was acting, he usually loved summer.

"What's wrong?" Lucy asked worriedly, hugging Wendy. Gajeel said nothing while Natsu threw her a thin but old book. She caught it with ease and examined it.

"Dragon Slayer season effects." She opened to the first page.

"Both 1st and 2nd generation Dragon slayers are effected when the seasons change. The effects of the seasons alter their sense of smell, distracting or not allowing their noses to sniff their mates obsessively."
"What?" Levy asked confused. "Like dragons we have mates that we spend our lives with. Our sense of smell allows us to sniff the scent of our mate from far away. When we smell their scent, we get obsessive and territorial. But luckily, the season's effects help solve the problem most of the time." Wendy said, calming down, gesturing towards the book.

Lucy continued reading, "Summer distracts the Dragon slayers by the heat of the sun, dragons love sun bathing. Spring helps by the scent of the flowers, overwhelming a dragon slayers nose. Fall distracts a dragon slayer by all the earthly scents all around. And finally Winter helps with the snow, the cold blocks a dragon slayers nose."

The book was almost finished, but the guild knew enough already. Mira broke the silence.

"I think I know who the mates are." She smirked, staring cheekily at Lucy, Levy and Romeo.

The three blushed. "Yeah well, I know who's gonna be Laxus' mate!" Lucy yelled, glaring at the white haired mage. Mira blushed furiously.

The Dragon Slayers however, were panicking, running around in circles. They knew who their mates were, and were worrying about how it was going to alter their relationships.

Oh well. I guess they'd just had to find out themselves.