Rowen: Baby sitting (Part 1)

"Please Carla! Don't! Please!!"

Wendy was begging Carla, something she usually did. But this time, her dignity was at stake.

Let me explain.

All the exceeds of Magnolia were finally returning to meet the Queen in Exceed Woods. Therefore, Happy, Carla and Panther Lily were meeting the Queen too.

And of course, Carla wasn't trusting Wendy to stay home alone.

"No Child! I have to hire a baby sitter!" Carla said firmly, closing her pink backpack.

Wendy argued, "But Carla! I'm 14! I can handle a week by myself! And plus, don't you think it's a little embarrassing?"

Carla huffed, her wings appeared behind her back. "Come on, Wendy. We are going to the guild to ask Romeo."

Wendy gasped. "Romeo!? B-but, H-he-"

"No but's child, let's go."

Wendy stared at the ground as they hovered to the guild.

She and Romeo were best friends. They did jobs together, they played video games together, they did almost everything together! The two were very close.

Wendy is going to die of embarrassment.

Romeo's POV

I was at the guild eating breakfast. The exceeds were going to exceed forest today. Almost everyone was excited!

We were all waiting for Carla and Wendy to arrive.

"Sorry we're late!" Wendy cried, but something was different. "What's up Wen?" I called, gesturing her to come over.

Wendy looked at me and tried to walk away. "Huh?" I asked confused and a little hurt.

Luckily for me, Carla dragged her to me. Wendy was wailing something like, "No!" That caught the attention of her 'brothers'. But were silenced when Carla gave them a glare.

"Uh.. You ok?" I asked worried.

"Now then," Carla started. "As you know, I am off to Exceed Forest. So, I will need you to baby sit Wendy for me."

I was officially confused.

"Uh... Why are you asking me? Aren't me and Wendy the same age?"

Carla shot me a look. "I'm asking you because you are the one person in this whole guild that's even near the word mature. Also that you are quite close to Wendy, I know that you won't hurt her. Now do you accept or not!?"

I suddenly realized why Wendy was wailing, I did my best not to smirk. "Of course, I will!"

Behind Carla, Wendy glared at me. "Well, then child, I guess I'll be going." Carla said, hugging Wendy.

We all said our goodbyes to the exceeds and they flew off. Once they were out of sight, Wendy started wailing.

"My dignity's lost forever!" I chuckled. "Look on the bright side! You got the best baby sitter ever!" Wendy glared at me, "I'm not a baby!"

Suddenly she brightened, "Your right! You gotta pay for everything I want!" I stopped.

"Wait what!?"

"As baby sitter, you take all responsibilities of the kid. Including money." She laughed.

I glared at her, "Welp, I'm dead. Then what do you want to do now?"

"ICE CREAM!" She yelled, running off.

"Wait!"