Chapter 21

Cassie POV:

   I woke up to the sound of a constant beeping noise. "Ughh, What is that?" I said out loud. I opened my eyes and realized I wasn't in my room. Where am I? All of a sudden, the memories came flooding back. I remembered everything that happened yesterday and started crying.

   I'm not usually very weak, but after all the torture from those despicable men, I'm emotionally and physically drained. I have no energy or motivation for anything. I just want to lay in bed all day and sleep. Right now, I wouldn't be that sad if I didn't wake up from my sleep.

   You deserve all this pain, my thoughts said. No I don't, I argued back. My thoughts went back and forth, until I just screamed out of frustration. "SHUT UP!!" I closed my eyes, and when I opened them again, I saw Colby standing at the end I the bed. "Oh, um, hey Colby." I said quietly.

   "What was that about?" He asked.

"Nothing," I whispered.

He gave me a look and said "I know that's not true. Cass, please tell me, so I can help you." I looked at him sadly and explained everything that was going on in my head before he came. My eyes teared up as I told Colby, and I couldn't look him in the eyes.

When I finished explaining, he looked at me and said "I love you so much, baby girl. You didn't deserve any of that, and I wish none of it happened to you." He pulled me into a hug, while I cried on his shoulder.

"Thank you so much, Colbs. Even though I broke up with you, you saved my life, and you're still so kind and caring." I whispered.

   "You don't need to thank me. It's my job to protect you, whether you like me or not, I feel the need to keep you safe. While we're on that subject, I'm so sorry for what happened with Shea and me. I don't know why I did that. You deserve so much better than me, and I understand if you can't forgive me." He looked down at his lap and put his head in his hands.

"Colby look at me. Yeah, you made a mistake. Sure, it broke me when I saw that picture of you kissing her. But, my feelings for you will not change. I'm still going to love you no matter what. Every couple goes through arguments and hard times, but we have to push through. We can't let the little things destroy the relationship that we have." I blurted out everything on my mind.

"Y-you love me?" Colby looked up with a shocked expression on his face.

"I...um...yeah," I blushed and covered my face with my hands.

"I love you too baby girl. You make every day better. My eyes light up when I see you, and I always smile more when I'm around you. After I made a mistake with Shea, I never thought you would talk to me again. I thought that we were going to be over forever. It hurt to know that I would've lost you that way. Will you please give me another chance?" Colby asked with puppy dog eyes.

"Of course! I don't know what it would've been like without you. Even though we weren't a couple very long, I feel something with you that I never felt with other guys." I told him. He pulled me into a hug, but not too tight because I'm still hurt.

Colby stayed with me for the rest of the day, and we talked and tried to forget everything that happened recently. He always managed to make me smile. It started to get late, so Colby had to leave. Before walking out, he pecked my lips and hugged me. "Bye Colbs," I said.

"See ya later Cass!" He replied. When he left, I laid in the hospital bed for a while, just watching the tiny tv that they provide. My eyes began to get droopy, and I couldn't hold them open any longer. I closed them and feel asleep.

-Dream-

I was back in the abandoned building that my kidnappers took me to. What am I doing here, I thought. I looked around, and everything was just how I remembered it. Was that just a dream? Did Colby not save me from here?

I snapped my head in the direction that I heard multiple footsteps. Who's there? Wait...it's Mark and Joe. No, no, no. This can't be happening! I thought I was saved from them!

   They walked over to me, their weapons in hand. Joe cut me with a knife multiple times, while Mark hit my back with a whip. "Please stop!" I whimpered.

   "Shut up! You deserve all this pain for escaping the last time!" Joe shouted while forming a gash on my arm, at least a half inch deep. I screamed out in pain and felt someone shaking me.

-

   I jumped up and felt someone's presence near me. "Who's there?" I asked, looking around for a person.

   "It's Doctor Jones. You were having a nightmare, so I came in to wake you up." He explained.

   "Oh. What time is it?" I asked.

   "It's three in the morning. You should go back to sleep. You need to rest." He told me.

   "I can't fall asleep by myself. When can I have a visitor come?" I wondered.

   "It's supposed to be at six, but I'll make an exception this one time. Who do you want to come?" He asked.

   "Can you call Colby Brock. He's my boyfriend. I need his comfort right now."

   "Of course, sweetheart. I'll send him up when he arrives."

   "Thank you," I said as he walked out the door. I sat there, waiting for Colby to come. What if he doesn't want to drive here so early? Will I just stay awake, just sitting here for another three hours? Many random thoughts continued to pop up in my head as I waited.

A/N Guys, I'm really sorry that I haven't updated in so long. I just haven't really been feeling the motivation to write. I love writing, don't get me wrong, but I've been more caught up in reading, rather than writing my own stories. I have depression, that has gotten much worse, and it almost caused me to take my life this weekend. I'm not doing much better, but I'm trying to ignore the fact that it almost happened. I feel as if I forget about it, then maybe it never did happen. Sorry for boring you with my mess of a life, but I hope you guys enjoy this shitty chapter. Please vote, comment, and share. Love you all! 🖤