Chapter 24

Cassie's POV:

After coming up with a good prank to get Colby back, I checked my phone to make sure it was okay. Thankfully, there was nothing wrong with it, and it was working well.

   For the prank, I was going to bring him on a car ride, and during it the car would "break down." I would get out and pretend I don't know what to do, so he would come out. Then a man would come and "kidnap us." When the man takes us to a building, he would pretend to shoot me, but I wouldn't actually be dead.

   I explained it all to Elton, and I asked if he would help me with it. He agreed, so we set everything up on a small, abandoned road. There was a camera that would record everything.

   Elton and I went back to the house, and I got Colby to come in the car with me. We drove off and when I got to the road, I slowly stopped the car. "What's wrong?" Colby asked.

   "The car just broke down," I replied. I got out and opened the hood. I looked at everything, pretending to be confused at everything.

   "Will you come help me?" I asked.

   "Sure babe," Colby got out and came to the front of the car. He did some stuff for a couple minutes until Elton came up behind him with a mask on and grabbed him. I jumped back and screamed and pretended that someone had ahold of me. Colby was screaming, but Elton covered his mouth with tape and tied him up.

   I opened the car door, so he could put Colby in. We drove to another building and Elton took Colby up to a room. I followed, and when we got there, Colby was tied to a chair. Elton tied my wrists together, had me kneel down, and put a bag over my head.

   I heard Elton walk over to Colby and peel the tape off. "Please, we're just innocent kids. Let us go!" He yelled as soon as it was off.

   I heard the click of a gun being loaded, and Colby screamed, "NO, please don't do this! She's everything I have!!"

   The gun shot, and I fell down, not moving. I heard sobs coming from Colby, and a quiet whisper, "She was my whole world. I love her."

   I took the bag off of my head and stood up. "Colby," I said. He looked up, his eyes red and cheeks puffy.

   "I'm so sorry. I love you too, Colbs." Colby jumped up and ran into my arms. We hugged as he cried on my shoulder. A few tears escaped my eyes, and I felt really bad for pulling this prank on him. I kinda went overboard, and it was a lot worse than what he did. "I'm really sorry Colby. I feel so bad for this," I whispered.

   "Baby, it's fine, as long as you're okay. I'm just glad you're still alive." He said. Colby crashed his lips on mine. His hands cupped my cheeks as our lips moved perfectly in sync. He pulled away after a few moments, breathing heavily. "I love you so much."

   "I love you too Colbs." I replied. We hugged again until Elton cleared his throat. "Oh, right, sorry Elton." I said with a small giggle. We shut off the camera and got back into the car. We drove in silence, Colby still in shock about what happened.

   When we got home again, I went upstairs to my room to edit the video. I got my laptop out and began editing. My headphones were on, and I couldn't hear anything.

-

Colby's POV:

   After Cassie pranked me, I was surprised. It made me realize that one day something like that could happen, and I need to appreciate everything that I have now.

   I went to find Cassie, so I checked her room. She was sitting at her desk, with her laptop open and headphones on. I sat on her bed and laid down. I picked up her pillow and threw it at her head. She jumped up and fell out of her chair.

   I laughed and looked at her sitting on the floor. "Okay, I definitely deserved that." She said with a giggle. God damn, her giggle is so adorable. Cassie stood up and sat on the bed. "What's up?"

   "I came to talk to you about something." I replied.

   "I knew it. You're gonna break up with me," she said laughing.

   "Nope, but I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me."

   "Oh, thank god. I'd love to go on a date with you. When and where are we going?"

   "How about tomorrow at 7, and I'm not telling you where we're going." I answered.

   "Okay, sounds good." She said. I pecked her lips and let her get back to editing. I stayed on her bed and went on my phone.

A/N Honestly I just finished this chapter and thought, doesn't Cassie live in her own apartment? I think she does, so let's pretend she moved into a spare room at their house if I haven't already included that. I don't feel like rewriting this whole thing. Glad we can all just imagine that. Thanks guys, and I hope you enjoy this boring chapter! 😂 Please vote, comment, and share. Love you all! ❤️