Welcome To The Glade

"Welcome To The Glade!" was the first thing Newt saw when he walked into the huge main building. The banner was massive and painted in dark greens and bright yellows, which were the school's colors. A weird looking slug thing was their mascot, it looked a little mediocre on the banner, but printed on the sweatshirts some kids were wearing it looked almost cool.
    "You coming?" Gally laughed, snapping Newt out of his trance. He sheepishly nodded and caught up to Gally who was a few feet ahead.
    Once they walked through the propped open doors, what they saw was unlike anything Newt's ever seen before. The whole place was decorated for welcoming the freshman, or more commonly called, greenies. Banners like the one out front were hung all over the walls close to the ceiling and college kids were everywhere. Okay maybe not everywhere but there were a lot. The table stands were giving out packets, maps and free pens. Some were also selling the school's apparel.
      Newt silently watched some guys push each other around. A group of girls were watching them and whispering like they were on some sort of secret mission.
    "So this is college." Gally crossed his arms and shrugged. "It's kinda cool actually."
    Newt just nodded, not really listening as his eyes jumped from person to person.
    "You're quiet are you alright?" Gally moved so he was directly in front of Newt and way too close for comfort.
    "Uh yeah, I'm fine. I'm just gonna go walk around," Newt mumbled before pushing past Gally.
    Gally looked very confused which made Newt feel kinda bad but he just kept walking. He wasn't trying to be antisocial this was just slightly overwhelming for him. He took a deep breath and slowly approached one of the tables. It was honestly like a maze in there.
    "Hello welcome to the Glade greenie." A blonde girl smiled brightly as Newt came up to her booth.
    "Thanks," Newt responded, returning the smile.
    "What can I get you?"
    "One of those. Small I guess." Newt pointed to the sweatshirt. He felt like he had to have at least one piece of school apparel, you know for the college experience or whatever.
    "Of course. I'm Sonya, I'm a junior. I'm being forced to work this stupid thing again, but hey don't worry you'll like it here. This school is the best." She bit her lip as she dug through a pile of the folded sweatshirts.
    "I'm Newt," he said gaining a little confidence.
    "Newt? Interesting name. I like it though." She suddenly grinned as she finally found the right size and yanked it out.
    "Here you are Newt." She handed it to him as he dug through his pocket for some cash.
    He finally found the rolled up $20 and pulled it out, handing it to Sonja. "Thank you." He managed to give her a genuine smile as he stuffed the hoodie into his bag.
    "Hey, enjoy the next four years alright? You only get to do it once," she said as Newt nodded and left the table.
    Well that wasn't too bad...
    Newt headed back toward the main entrance to try and find Gally again, but he was nowhere in sight. He sighed in defeat and decided to get some fresh air, this whole college thing was a lot to take it now that he was actually here. The movies made it seem so simple.
    He walked outside, feeling the cool air on his skin and instantly feeling better. He sat down on the edge of the grass in front of the building and checked out his new sweatshirt.
    "THERE'S NO WAY YOU'RE BEATING ME SHANK!" Newt heard a kid shout. He quickly turned his head to see where it was coming from.
    "TRY NOT TO STARE TOO HARD AT MY ASS!" Newt head another kid retort back.
    Suddenly two kids sprinted past Newt, running at full speed. He concluded they were the ones making the noise. He could barely make out their faces as the kid behind caught up to and tackled the kid in front. They almost rolled into Newt, he had to scoot back to avoid being ran over by the rolling bodies.
    "Cheater." One of the kids panted as he untangled himself and sat up.
    "I tripped." The other boy shrugged but he was snickering, making a very unconvincing argument.
    Newt scanned their faces. He instantly recognized one to be Minho. He was about to say hi until he saw the other boy. When he laid eyes on him, Newt's breath caught in his throat. He was extremely hot with messy brown hair, cheeks slightly red from running and his shirt bunched up showing his toned stomach...oh my god. Newt felt his face flush and he looked away to pretend he wasn't staring. His mind was spinning so he folded up his sweatshirt to look busy. The last thing he wanted was to make a fool of himself in front of the hottest boy he'd ever seen.
    "Get up fatty." Minho slapped the hot boys back and got to his feet.
    "Look who's talking." Hottie laughed and did the same.
     Bloody hell his laugh...Newt decided it was the most perfect sound he'd ever heard.
    They paid Newt no attention as they entered the building he had just left.
    Minho probably didn't see him.
    He couldn't decide if he was discouraged or grateful about it.

    "Get out of my way." Thomas laughed, pushing Minho as they wandered around the building.
    "I'm not in your way." Minho pushed him back. Minho used a little to much force because Thomas stumbled and smashed into a kid behind him which sent them both sprawling onto the floor.
    "Oh shuck, I'm sorry!" Minho helped the other boy up, ignoring Thomas in his mini state of panic. The victim was dark skinned with a short cut buzz and medium build. Thomas grumbled as he got to his feet by himself.
    "It's fine." The boy laughed and brushed off his shirt. "Accidents happen."
    "Still, sorry." Minho rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.
    "Really it's no big deal..well I'm Alby." The kid smiled.
    "Names Minho, and that disaster over there is Thomas." Minho snickered as he motioned to his friend.
    "Hey! I'm not a disaster!"
    "This place kinda blows, wanna get pizza, our treat for pushing you over."
    Alby shrugged,"I'm down for that."
    "Good that."
    The three boys made their way out of the building. Suddenly Alby paused and waved to a kid on the grass.
    "Hey Newt!" he yelled. The blonde boy snapped his head around then, smiled and waved back. Alby waved him over making him slowly got up to make his way over to the group.
    "Hey Alby, you were in there? I didn't see you." Newt pointed to the building, his thick British accent making the simple words sound interesting.
    "Oh Newt! Hey! You know Alby?" Minho piped up as he smiled at Newt.
    Newt nodded and tried to keep his gaze off the hot boy. He was hyper aware of his existence, it was messing with his head. "Yeah, he's Gally's friend, from high school."
    "We're leaving this orientation and getting pizza now." Alby chuckled. "Wanna come?" He looked at the other two for protests but Minho nodded.
    "Of course Newt can come."
    Newt smiled at him thankfully. "I could eat."
    "Well this is my roommate Thomas." Minho said as he pulled Thomas forward a bit, like he was showcasing him.
    Newt's eyes lingered on Thomas for a moment before he tore his gaze away and nodded his head toward him. "Newt."
    "Alright cool everyone knows everyone, let's go." Minho clasped his hands together excitedly, probably thinking about the food that lied ahead.
    "I second that I'm starving." Thomas laughed.
    Newt followed in the back and almost choked when he caught sight of Thomas from the back...more specifically his ass in those skinny jeans.
    That boy was absolutely beautiful and Newt was very very gay.