That's When My Whole World Fell Apart

"Thomas?" Minho asked skeptically as he saw the boy basically sprinting out of his car.
    "I'm not late!" he panted as he reached Minho.
    "Oh my g...." Minho's jaw dropped in utter disbelief.
    "What?"
    "If you lose your race because you're tired from the activities you were involving yourself in..." Minho practically shouted.
    "How did you know what we were doing?!" Thomas protested.
    Minho shook his head and gestured to the boy. "You're literally glowing...and your tank is on backwards."
    "Hey Min." Newt waved as he approached the two boys. Newt didn't find any need to sprint, so he trailed behind.
    "The fact that your sexy little ass is distracting my teammate!" Minho glared at Newt who flushed bright red.
    "It wasn't my fault!" Newt stammered as he watched Thomas take off the track tank and spin it around. "It was the uniforms fault!"
    Minho shook his head and clicked his tongue. "Sickening."
    "You suck," Newt mumbled and buried his face in Thomas' shoulder.
    "Not as much as you do apparently," Minho said under his breath which Thomas heard and cracked up at. Newt thrusted his middle finger in his face.
    "My event is first, I'm gonna go get set. Newt, I'll come sit with your dirty self when Thomas is running."
    "Okay." Newt rolled his eyes before heading to the bleachers with Thomas.

    "Minho is pretty fast." Newt pointed out as the gun went off and the buff boy took off from the starting line.
    "Yeah he is, but I'm faster." Thomas smirked and pulled Newt into his side.
    Newt just leaned his head on Thomas' shoulder and hummed in reply.
    Thomas gently kissed his hair and tightened his grip.
    They watched the rest of the race in silence but cheered when Minho flew across the finish line, earning himself first place in his event.
    "Alright I got to go get down to the track, I'll come back after okay? I love you." Thomas stood up then bent down and gave Newt a short kiss.
    "I love you too Tommy. Hey, don't lose."
    "I didn't plan on it," Thomas grinned then kissed Newt again. The kiss was slower this time, their lips moving together softly but it was definitely enough to make Newt's insides flip. He pulled away and hopped down the bleachers, giving Newt a small wave before going onto the track.
    Newt watched Thomas warm up, smiling slightly at the sight. He really had fallen hard for the boy, maybe too hard but he was sure that he's never loved someone as much as he loved Thomas. It was cheesy but when Thomas was around, which was almost all the time, he felt so much happier.
    "You're so love sick," Minho laughed which made Newt jump out of his trance.
    Newt flushed as Minho sat next to him.
    "It's okay, it's cute. I know I always pick on ya, but it's cute how happy you two are."
    "Good job on first place!" Newt suddenly grinned, trying to change the subject before he started blushing too hard.
    "Thanks! You know I wasn't sure I was going to win that one."
    "Minho you look like a cover model of a health inspiration magazine, I'm pretty sure you're the fittest person in this whole place."
    "I see why Thomas likes you." Minho laughed and patted Newt on the shoulder, then froze. "Is that Thomas' shirt?"
    "Yeah," Newt couldn't stop himself from smiling.
    "Sickening." Minho scoffed but then started laughing. "Is there a word that means two people were made for each other?" Minho thought for a moment then snapped his fingers and grinned. "Soulmates! That's what you and Tommy-boy are, soulmates."
    Suddenly the gun went off making Newt jump but fix his eyes on Thomas. And he thought Minho was fast, he was almost slow compared to Thomas.
    "He's got this one in the bag," Minho said softly as he watched his friend run.
    Thomas was almost at the finish line when out of nowhere he stopped. He seemed to freeze for a moment before looking like a switch shut him off and falling face first onto the track.
    Newt immediately stood up and ran as fast as he could down the bleachers.
    "Newt wait!" He heard Minho yell. He didn't stop, he couldn't stop. His main concern was getting to Thomas.
    He ran as fast as he could despite the horrific pain shooting up his leg.
    When he reached Thomas some people were around him but no one really seemed like they knew what to do. He wasn't sure where the medical team was, but he was furious with how slow they were being.
    "Get out of the way!" Newt shouted as he dropped to his knees and shook the boy.
    "Tommy, Tommy get up. You gotta get up." Newt felt sick, panic shot through his chest, physically hurting him.
    Newt pinched under his arm hard, trying to use pain to wake him up.
    "Did someone call 911!?" Newt yelled as he started compressions on Thomas' chest.
    "They're on their way!" Someone yelled.
    "Yo kid do you know what you're doing?" someone said from above Newt. He assumed it was the trainer but he wasn't going to divert any of his focus from Thomas' chest.
    "Of course I bloody know what I'm doing." he snapped as he continued pushing on Thomas' chest.
    "Newt, what's going on, is he okay?" Minho was suddenly kneeling next to Newt.
    "Do you know how to do CPR?" he asked.
    "Yeah why? Coach trained the whole team."
    "Take over, you weigh more than me it'll be easier," Newt explaind as Minho nodded.
    They quickly switched and Newt kneeled next to Thomas' head.
    He started gently running his hands through his hair. "You're gonna be okay. You're gonna be just fine Tommy."
    Tears were pricking at Newt's eyes now. He knew exactly what was going on.
    A loud crack sounded and Minho looked at Newt with a horrified expression.
    "You cracked a rib, it's fine just don't stop." Newt's voice shook.
    He kissed Thomas' forehead. "You're gonna be fine."
    He heard sirens and soon an EMT rushed to the scene with a stretcher.
    "We'll take over, our ambulance is too small though so just meet us at the hospital," the man said as him and three other workers loaded Thomas on to the stretcher and whisked him into the ambulance.
    Newt was shaking, his stomach ached, he could barely stand.
    "Newt." Minho gently rubbed his arm. "He's gonna be okay. He wouldn't leave you, I promise."
    Newt looked up at Minho, his bottom lip shook. "I'm so scared Min."
    Minho dropped his tough guy act and pulled Newt into his chest. "I'm scared too."
    He felt Newt shake in his arms and just held him tighter. Thomas meant so much to them, to both of them.
    "I can drive us to the hospital," Minho said gently.
    "Please," Newt managed to get out. Minho led Newt over to his car, starting it with the button on his key.
    Minho got behind the wheel as Newt got into the passenger side.
    "Do you think you could...I mean...it always makes me feel better when Tommy...," Newt looked down at his hand and Minho understood what he was trying to ask.
    He reached over and took Newt's hand in his, it wasn't a romantic gesture in the least it was more of a support thing. "He's gonna be alright buddy. Thomas is a tough little shank."
    Newt looked out the window silently. He didn't believe Minho.