Out of Sight, Out of Mind

"So how'd it go?" Gally asked as Newt came back into the dorm.
"Just great." He rolled his eyes as he plopped down on his bed.
"Uh oh..." Gally sat up and faced Newt. "Still not speaking?"
"We're fine, but ironically I almost liked it better when we weren't speaking." Newt sighed and grabbed a pillow, holding it tightly.
Gally frowned. "What did the slinthead do?"
"Teresa...he did Teresa."
"He had sex with the coffee shop girl?!" Gally's eyes widened. Newt almost laughed, he felt like they were stuck in a real life gossip girl situation.
Newt shook his head. "No, I think he likes her though. He told me she was annoying but today he was all over her. I don't get it! I don't get him!"
"You gotta move on man, find someone who cares. Teresa is not just going away," Gally stated.
Newt huffed and felt his shoulders shrink. "I know. I don't even know if he likes guys. We've kinda cuddled and he seems like he enjoys spending time with me...then Teresa comes around and I just become nothing."
"Come on Newt, this is college! You're not supposed to spend your first month moping around over one guy. You're supposed to go out then and fuck someone...or get fucked if that's what you're into."
Newt glared at him which made Gally snicker.
"Okay but in all seriousness Thomas is one guy, there's more out there. You know, the whole 'more fish in the sea' bullshit?"
Newt nodded even though he didn't believe it. "I just had to go and catch feelings." Newt gave Gally a half hearted laugh and brushed the hair off his forehead.
Gally shrugged and let his gaze flicker over Newt's face. "Happens to even the best of us right?"
"I guess you're right."
"There's another guy out that that'll treat you better." Gally half-smiled before standing up from the bed. "I'm gonna make mac and cheese, want some?"
"Of course, who could pass up on such a gourmet meal?"
Gally flipped him off behind his back as he walked to their mini kitchen which made Newt laugh so hard his stomach hurt.

"Please Newt! For me!" Minho begged as they walked to their classes together.
"I hate parties." Newt mumbled. "They're not my thing."
"There will be hotties there!" Minho nudged Newt making him roll his eyes.
"Why do you even want me to come anyways?"
"Because you're my friend! I haven't hung out with you in a while and you're cool, when you actually talk."
Gally's words suddenly popped back into his head. Come on Newt, this is college! "Fine," Newt complied, "you're bloody lucky that I like you."
Minho's face lit up. "Really?! That was easier than I thought." Minho laughed as he clasped Newt roughly on the back.
Newt tried to hold back a smile but failed. "If I hate it I'm leaving."
"You won't hate it, I promise. I'm the life of the party." Minho grinned and ruffled Newt's hair. Suddenly his eyes lit up and he lightly punched Newt's bicep. "Let's get you laid!'
Newt groaned and tried to push Minho away from him. "Go away you bloody creep."
Minho dramatically winked and slung his arm around Newt's shoulders. "Maybe if you're lucky I'll even get drunk enough to kiss you."
"I think I'd rather throw up."

"Hey man you actually showed up!" Alby opened the door and let Newt in to the house the party was being held at.
"Who's party even is this?"
"Some guy named Aris, he's kinda sketchy but he knows a TON of girls." Alby explained as they walked inside.
He immediately saw Minho and waved.
"Newt! You're here!" Minho grinned as he clasped a hand on Newt's shoulder.
A girl was hanging off Minho's arm, which he didn't seem to mind one bit. Newt noticed another group of them standing close by, clearly checking him out. Maybe Minho wasn't bluffing, he was the life of the party.
"Yeah..." Newt glanced around, taking in the whole scene. There was a ton of people drinking, talking and making out. There was music playing and solo cups scattered everywhere.
"You okay?" Mino cocked his head at Newt's confused expression.
"Yeah." Newt laughed lightly. "I don't know many people here. I feel a little out of place."
Minho shook his head and grabbed a bottle off the table. "Drink this."
"What is it?"
"Some type of alcohol. Who cares? It'll get the job done."
Newt skeptically took the cup from Minho and just held it.
"I saw Alby already, did Thomas come?" Newt suddenly asked.
"Uh yeah, I think he's back there with Teresa," Minho pointed to what looked like a study room. "You can go say hi to him if you want but then you better get your little ass back here, I'm gonna make sure you have fun."
Newt weakly smiled then quickly took off to the small study room.
He pushed open the door and froze dead in his tracks.
Thomas had Teresa wrapped around his waist and against a wall. They were making out, messy lips on lips. Her hair was a mess and her shirt was bunched up, revealing her stomach. They looked like they were a second away from fucking against the bookshelf.
When Thomas moved down to kiss Teresa's neck she saw Newt and froze.
"Uh, Thomas," she whispered, nodding her head in the direction of the door.
Thomas looked up, confused, then turned and looked at the door.
"Oh, hey Newt!" Thomas grinned as he dropped Teresa, who didn't look too happy about it. "I didn't think you'd show up."
Newt just stared at them, he could physically feel his heart breaking. He clenched his empty fist as his breathing picked up. Thomas lips were slightly kiss swollen and his hair was messed up. He looked hot as hell and Newt was pissed that it wasn't him that made Thomas looked like he just had the best hookup of his life. He needed to go and he needed to go now.
"Newt? You alright?"
Newt's eyes burned and he felt his hands curl into fists. "I'm fine, get back to whatever you were doing."
Teresa smiled and tugged on Thomas' shirt till he was in front of her again.
"I'll come find you later?" Thomas called as Newt started to leave.
"Don't bother, I'm not staying long," Newt mumbled as he slammed the door behind him. He regretted everything. His body felt numb and his heart heavy. He needed it gone. He needed Thomas out of his mind.
He made his way back to Minho and slammed the cup he was holding on the table. "I need something stronger."
"Atta boy Newt!" Minho clasped a hand on his shoulder and grabbed another bottle. He was grinning as he handed it the blonde boy, who snatched it with too much enthusiasm.
Newt didn't even look to see what it was, he just popped it open and started chugging. He was almost done with the bottle when Minho gently took it away.
"Alright buddy slow down, I'm gonna take a guess that you're a lightweight."
"It's Friday night Min, gimmie the damn bottle back."
"You alright?"
Newt nodded, giving him a very fake and unconvincing smile."Just trying to have a good time." Newt snatched the drink back and downed the rest. He'd stop when Thomas was out of his mind, until then, he'd chug.
Twenty minutes later, Newt was hammered.

"I don't wanna go, I'm having fun!" Newt whined as Minho dragged him toward the door.
"You're hammered, you we're on top of the table about to take your shirt off, trust me I saved you."
"You're such a buzzkill." Newt struggled, trying to escape from Minho's grasp.
The tiny blonde boy was no match for Minho's buff arms.
Suddenly Minho shouted and snatched his arm away. "Did you just bite me!"
"No." Newt shook his head then started actually giggling. "Come on Min, let's go drink some more!"
Minho took a deep breath and lifted the small boy over his shoulder, carrying him fireman style. "You're going to bed."
"I wanna make out with someone. Do you wanna make out Minho?" Newt babbled as he lightly smacked Minho's ass. "I think it'd be fun, don't you?"
Minho chuckled and pushed the door open with his foot.
"Hey why are you ignoring me?" Newt whined. "Minho, you're a mean hoe."
"And you are so drunk." Minho put Newt down once they were outside. "Can you even walk straight?"
"Of course I can!" Newt slurred and he stumbled down the sidewalk. Then he just toppled over.
Minho ran over to him. "Are you okay?"
"How'd I get on the ground?"

"Alright, just go to bed, you're gonna be so hungover tomorrow." Minho helped Newt into his bed.
"I've never drank before." Newt mumbled as he rested his head on pillow.
"Shit! Seriously Newt?"
Newt nodded then grinned as he kept blindly grabbing at Minho's arm. "I like drinking...hey did you know you have nice arms? My arms are tiny, yours are big."
"You're not gonna be saying that in the morning." Minho laughed and ruffled Newt's hair. "Are you gonna be okay? I'm gonna lock the door, Gally has a key right?"
"Who's Gally?.....Oh the guy with the eyebrows? Yeah he sleeps in here a lot," Newt closed his eyes.
"You're never touching alcohol again," Minho whispered as he turned to leave.
"I like boys," Newt mumbled, making Minho stop.
"What?" Minho asked, turning around.
Newt was already snoring.