Lay Down Your Arms

Tommy: Hey
Tommy: Newt??
Tommy: Come on Newt at least answer me and tell me what I did
Tommy: please?
Tommy: Newt, I don't wanna fight again

    Newt sighed as he read each one of Thomas' messages. He wanted to make up with him so badly, but he also needed to protect himself. He wasn't mad at Thomas of course, he probably never could be. It wasn't Thomas' fault for choosing Teresa, he had no idea how Newt felt.
    He missed Thomas, he really missed being happy around him, laughing with him....cuddling with him even though that only happened twice.
    Newt did the only thing he could think of. He made sure Thomas was out and went to Minho's.
    Newt's heart started pounding as soon as he opened the door. He was gonna tell him everything. Minho never judged him before, why should this be any different?
    "We're friends right?" Newt asked softly. Minho could instantly tell how uneasy Newt was.
    "Yeah, of course, what's wrong?" Worry crossed Minho's face as he invited Newt inside.
    "You know Thomas?" Newt awkwardly shifted on his feet, his palms getting sweaty from nerves. Should he even be asking the boy's roommate for advice about him, did that break some sort of unspoken roommate agreement?
    "The idiot who shares this room with me? I might have heard of him." Minho lightly laughed, clearly trying to lighten the mood.
    "Well...uh... Imightsortalikehimbuthelikesteresaanditstearingmeapart."
    Minho blinked a few times. "Okay one more time. Maybe a little slower?"
    "I like him Minho. He likes Teresa, but I'm bloody in love with him."
    "You like that shank?" Minho pointed at Thomas' bed with a confused expression on his face. He looked genuinely shocked.
    "I don't know what to do." Newt whined as he tried to control his breathing.
    "Um..okay...wow I definitely didn't see that one coming." Minho admitted as he ran his fingers through his perfectly styled hair.
    And that's when Newt started to panic. "Bloody hell is that creepy? Holy fuck are you gonna tell him?! I shouldn't have even come here, I-"
    "Newt!" Minho shouted, cutting off the smaller boy. "Relax, it's okay. Just caught me off guard that's all. I mean you guys did cuddle that one time..." Minho trailed off seeming to get lost in thought for a second.
    Newt's hands were shaking.
    Minho picked up on it and frowned. "Why are you so nervous to talk to me? Newt it's not a big deal, I'm your friend. I mean Thomas is an idiot, but he's likable. I just didn't expect it."
    "I don't know," Newt sighed. "Probably because Thomas is straight and I'm borderline obsessed with him."
    Minho shook his head and laughed an actual genuine laugh. "I'm sorry, you think Thomas is straight?"
    Now Newt was confused. "Huh?"
    "He may be with Teresa but, Newt I spend a lot of time with Thomas so I can assure you he's not only into Teresa if you know what I'm saying. Plus the way he stares when we change shirts before track practice isn't-" Minho winced when he realized what he was saying. "Okay what I mean is, he's definitely playing for both teams."
    "So what do you think I should do? Teresa isn't just going to go away. He doesn't even like her that much, but..."
    "Tell him."
    Newt quickly shook his head. "Minho I can't do that! What if he hates me after?"
    "You have no reason to be afraid of Thomas. He cares about you a lot, anyone with eyes could see that."
    "Yeah but what if he doesn't like me that way?"
    "Then you shake it off and get your hot little ass back out in the dating pool."
    Newt's face flushed red. "I'm not hot Minho."
    Minho shook his head. "You're so goddamn oblivious Newt. You don't see it but you get checked out by so many girls. At the party I had about six girls ask if you were single."
    Newt's eyes widened. "Seriously??"
    Minho nodded. "Told you I was trying to hook you up. Too bad you don't like em."
    "Haha very funny," Newt rolled his eyes and pushed Minho, but he was grinning.
    "So are you gonna text the kid back or is he gonna be moping around the dorm for another week while you ignore him?"
    "I'll text him." Newt promised, still grinning. "You're seriously the best Min."
    "Don't have to tell me something I already know. Hey does this still technically count as me setting you up?" Newt nodded and laughed as Minho smiled.
    "Sure, it counts."
    Minho smirked and lightly pushed Newt toward the door. "I'm kicking you out now so you can go get your sexy man."
    Newt shook his head and flipped Minho off over his shoulder as he walked out of the dorm.
    Newt hurried back to his dorm, going as fast as he could without breaking into a run.
    He whipped out his phone almost as soon as the door shut behind him.
Newt: You didn't do anything wrong Tommy. It's my problem, not yours. Wanna go somewhere and talk?
    A reply came almost instantly.
Tommy: yes! is tomorrow okay? I have something I wanna tell you too
Newt: Good that
    Newt went to sleep that night with a permanent smile on his face.

    "Newt!" Thomas exclaimed happily as he noticed the blonde boy approaching him.
    "Hey Tommy." Newt grinned as he saw Thomas standing by the little park bench outside the back of their dorm house. Thomas had on tight jeans and a blue long sleeve shirt that hugged his body nicely. God was he beautiful.
    Thomas opened his arms and raised his eyebrows. "Okay you idiot come here."
    Newt smiled and wrapped his arms around Thomas as the brunette boy squeezed him closer to his own body. Newt felt light headed, Thomas smelled so good. His heart was beating hard against his chest, he swore his knees were about to collapse. Thomas' muscles moved against Newt's stomach, making it hard for him to think straight. He didn't think they'd ever been that close before. Newt wasn't hating it at all.
    After a few moments Thomas pulled away and Newt snapped back to reality.
    "Alright where to?" Thomas asked as they started walking down the sidewalk. There wasn't many people outside, but Newt preferred to go somewhere else. "Anywhere but we should get moving because it's bloody cold out." Newt blew into his hands and rubbed them together.
    "Okay," Thomas put his hands over Newt's, trapping them like a sandwich.
    "What are you doing?" Newt blushed as he looked at their touching hands.
    "Warming you, duh." Thomas laughed as he rubbed his hands on top of Newt's.
    Newt was as red as a tomato.
    "Maybe we should....uh... I dunno." Newt stammered. It was hard to focus when Thomas was practically holding his hands.
    "We can head to the lot where my car is, worst case scenario, we can just sit inside it with the heat on to warm up your tiny little body."
    "Hey!" Newt frowned.
    "I never said tiny was a bad thing."
    Newt rolled his eyes before falling into line next to Thomas as they walked to the lot.
    "So you said there was something you were going to tell me?" Newt asked as they crossed a street.
    "Oh yeah! I ended whatever I had with Teresa!" Thomas stated like it was just normal news and didn't make Newt's heart skip a beat. "I figured out that you kept getting upset every time I brought her up and I put it all together. I didn't like her much anyways."
"You do....and you don't hate me?" Newt scanned Thomas' face for any sign of emotion.
    "Why would I hate you?" Thomas softly laughed as they turned onto the street where the lot was. "I don't really blame you either, she really is hot. I mean she was pretty upset about me ending things, but..." Thomas shrugged. "If you wanna try and go for it, I don't care."
    Newt stopped dead in his tracks.
    "What's wrong? If you liked her you could have told-"
    Newt shook his head and started laughing. He knew he really shouldn't have been, but he just couldn't stop. Thomas thought he liked Teresa. Thomas thought he actually liked her.
    "What?" Thomas looked slightly hurt which made Newt remember that the situation actually wasn't funny at all.
    "Tommy, I don't like Teresa."
    Now it was Thomas' turn to be shocked. "What...then why-?"
    Newt shook his head again, cutting Thomas off. "It was really sweet of you to that do for me Tommy, but I'm gay."
    A moment of silence passed between them as Newt realized what he just said. Thomas wasn't reacting which made his anxiety levels skyrocket.
    "Tommy....I....uh...."
    "I should have known that. You never talk about girls or look at them or even talk to them." Thomas scanned Newt's body slowly with his eyes which made the blonde boy squirm.
    "But I'm confused. Why were you so mad at me then?"
    Newt swallowed hard. This was harder than he expected. Minho's words swirled around in his head. He couldn't chicken out now.
    "First off, I wasn't mad, I was upset. I was upset because...well I was upset because ya know..." Newt trailed off, his heart picking up speed.
    "Wait Newt, do you like me?"