Crowded Isles

"Where did all our food go?" Newt asked Gally as he opened every cupboard only to find each one almost empty. A whole month of school had passed but it only felt like a week, he could've sworn that just last week he was watching that movie with the guys.
"Probably in our stomachs." Gally snickered.
"No shit." Newt rolled his eyes and grabbed his wallet off his dresser, shoving it into his pocket. "I'm going shopping, we need to cut back on the food this month."
"Yeah yeah whatever you say mom." Gally waved him out the door.
Newt laughed as he left the dorm, shutting the door behind him. He started heading down the hallway with his hands in his pockets.
"Yo Newt!" someone called from behind him.
Newt turned around to see none other than Thomas jogging toward him.
"Oh hey Tommy." Newt smiled as the boy caught up.
"Where you heading?"
"Grocery shopping." Newt sighed. "Adulting sucks."
"Can I come?" Thomas grinned.
"Uh sure?" Newt was confused as to why he wanted to come along.
"I just really want to pick up a box of cookies, Minho won't let me keep any in the dorm." Thomas laughed as he fell into step newt to Newt.
"I can drive?" Thomas suggested as he watched Newt eye the bus stop. No, Newt didn't have a car.
"That would be bloody amazing, thanks Tommy." Newt smiled.

"Good thing I always carry my keys," Thomas pulled them out of his pocket and swung them happily. He had a lot of keys on his key ring which made it jingle as he swung it. He had a lot of keychains and a printed lanyard but Newt couldn't tell what was on it.
They finally approached Thomas' blue jeep. It was a little worn down but looked to be in pretty good shape.
"This is my real baby." Thomas passionately rubbed the hood. "She's got the number one sport in my heart, but that's a secret." He winked at Newt and then got into the driver's seat.
      Newt got in the passenger's seat and settled down into the seat. It was comfortable and the car smelled nice. It would probably be better in the backseat with Thomas on top of him.
Thomas started the car and instantly turned on the radio. He turned it up and grinned at Newt. " I hope you like Oasis."
"I actually do." Newt smirked and stared at Thomas' hands on the wheel. He had really nice hands, his veins made spidery patterns under his skin that were mesmerizing and kinda hot at the same time. Newt just wanted to hold them, or have them wrapped around his—
"Whatcha thinkin about?" Thomas chuckled as he stopped at a red light and glanced at Newt.
"Nothing." Newt's cheeks flushed and he looked down. He had to get the stupid daydreaming under control.
Thomas was about to say something but his eyes lit up as he heard what song was on. He started air drumming on the steering wheel and cranked the volume.
"Both hands on the wheel Tommy," Newt teased.
"My car my rules."
"You're so annoying," Newt grumbled as Thomas laughed and continued air drumming aggressively.

"You're only getting one box." Newt crossed his arms as he watched Thomas try to sneak 6 boxes of cookies into the cart.
"That's no fun." Thomas frowned and put 5 boxes back.
"Hey you'll thank me when you're not fat for track." Newt smiled as he dropped granola bars in the cart.
Thomas lifted up his shirt slightly to reveal half his 6 pack and smacked his stomach. "I think I deserve some cookies."
Newt's breath caught in his throat as he wide eye stared at Thomas' bare stomach. Bloody hell was it a sight. He had to snap his mouth shut to keep from drooling.
"You seem so shocked." Thomas laughed then poked Newt's side, making him flinch. "I bet you're hiding some muscle under there too."
Newt rolled his eyes and shook his head. "I'm as scrawny as I look."
"Not with arms like that." Thomas shook his head and pinched Newt's bicep.
"Would you stop pinching me," Newt hissed and smacked his hand.
"And kitten Newt returns!" Thomas yelled cheerfully as he slam dunked a bag of chips into the cart.
Newt shook his head. "No one thinks you're cool Tommy."
"Teresa thinks I'm cool." Thomas smirked.
"And who the bloody hell is that?"
"Coffee cup girl! Remember I got her number like a month ago?"
"Well...that's just great." Newt rolled his eyes and turned his attention back toward the shelf, that comment hurt. He had almost forgotten about coffee cup girl completely, well until now of course.
Thomas didn't seem to notice and busied himself buy trying to do trick shots with food boxes and land them in the cart.
"Tommy?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you like Teresa?" Newt asked, preparing himself for a harsh blow.
"Eh, not really. I mean yeah, she's hot but kinda annoying. We went out like twice and both didn't go so well."
"Oh she's annoying? Then she fits you perfectly." Newt teased but he couldn't decide if he was upset about the dates or happy that they didn't go well.
"Hey! I am not annoying!" Thomas threw his beanie and Newt and crossed his arms.
"Pouting like a two year old is considered annoying." Newt snickered as he threw the hat back.
Thomas huffed as he pulled it back on and Newt bent down to get peanut butter from the bottom shelf.
Thomas got strangely quiet so Newt stood back up. "You okay?"
"Yeah...I...uh." Thomas cleared his throat and rubbed his red tinted cheeks. "I'm fine."
Well that was weird. "Alright I got everything, let's check out." Newt stated as he started pushing the cart to the nearest cash register. "And you owe me for all this crap you snuck in the cart."
"Yeah, yeah." Thomas sighed and walked next to Newt and the cart.
"Hey Newt?" Thomas asked, averting his gaze to the floor as they settled into a line.
"Yeah?"
"Can I ask you something like kinda serious?"
Newt leaned on the cart a little bit and nodded. "'course you can Tommy."
"Do you ever uh...like do sometimes things happen in your life that make you question what you thought was right before?"
Newt scrunched up his nose. "I'm not too sure what you mean by that."
"Like...you think one thing and you're completely sure of it, then someon... something changes it?"
"Well yeah. People's opinions and views change all the time." Newt smiled lightly.
"But what if it was something big, like if you changed your mind about it, everything would change?"
"You're being incredibly vague right now, but yeah Tommy things change all the time. Change is good sometimes."
Thomas was quiet for a moment while he just stared at Newt which made the blonde boy squirm a bit. He sighed and gave Newt a small smile. "You know, I think you're right."
Thomas looked over to the side and suddenly started grinning like an idiot.
"What's got you all happy now?"
"I just thought of a great plan." Thomas clasped his hands together. "Minho went to see his parents this weekend and I don't want to be bored in my dorm alone so we should pull an all nighter."
A night, alone, with Thomas...yeah Newt was definitely in.
"Sure!" Newt beamed.
Suddenly Thomas' face turned serious again. "Hey Newt?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm really glad I met you.'
Newt felt the heat rise to his face. He was honestly taken aback. He opened and closed his mouth a few times, probably looking like a fish, before managing to push out a, "I'm glad I met you too."
Thomas started laughing and clamped his hand over his mouth to stuffle it. "I'm sorry that wasn't funny, you just looked so shocked."
"Shut your mouth," Newt rolled his eyes which just made Thomas laugh harder.
"Oh Newt...sometimes you're so cute."