Hungover and Heartbroken

Newt groaned loudly as he shoved his face into his pillow again. "Gally, turn off the bloody light; it hurts so bad!"
"There's no light on Newt, it's just my phone glowing."
"I think my brain is trying to escape my skull." Newt whimpered and he pressed his hands on his temples. He felt like he had been hit by a train then ran over by a bus.
Gally glanced over at Newt. "You look like shit. Where were you last night?"
"A party." Newt cringed as a flash of pain shot through his skull.
"Are you...are you hungover?" Gally was failing to stifle his laugh.
"Yes," Newt hissed.
Gally burst out into laughter, making Newt's head throb. The world was spinning and his body ached.
"I'm going to Minho's," Newt grumbled as he slowly got up and rubbed his eyes. He felt dizzy and sick to his stomach, but Minho would probably help a lot more than Gally was.
"Don't puke in the room!" Gally called as Newt slipped on sneakers and made his way down to Minho's. He failed to realize he didn't have a shirt on and he completely forgot about what even made him get so drunk last night.
When he finally got to Minho's door he knocked on it lightly, every single noise made his head pound.
The door opened almost instantly. "I thought you'd come by," Minho snickered as he let Newt in.
"I feel like bloody hell," Newt groaned as he entered the room.
"You look like it too," Minho laughed which made Newt scowl.
"Thanks," Newt mumbled as he absent mindlessly sat down on the end of Thomas' bed, he didn't even register that it was empty.
"I'm guessing you want to know how to cure a hangover." Minho gently placed a shirt in Newt's lap. Newt looked at it, confused.
"You're shirtless buddy, and it's not warm outside, put it on."
Newt flushed but pulled the big shirt over his head and onto his body. "Why do your muscles have to be so bloody big?" Newt started down at the very baggy black shirt that engulfed his tiny body.
"Why do you have to be so small?"
Newt glared at him rubbed his head. "I came here because I thought you were going to help me."
"I'm going to, relax. I can't help feeling slightly responsible, but in my defense you chugged the whole damn bottle no matter how many times I tried to stop you.
" Minho grabbed pills and a water bottle off his dresser, handing them to Newt.
Newt greedily swallowed down the medicine and gulped the water. "Thank you," he said as he wiped water from his lips.
"Hey Newt, can I ask you something?" Minho asked as he sat on his bed, directly opposite from Newt.
Newt nodded.
"Do you...do you remember anything from last night?"
Newt thought for a moment then shook his head lightly, his head still hurt, just not as badly.
"You told me something that I don't think you wanted me to know."
Newt froze. Did I tell him I like Tommy?
"It's not bad...it's just kinda personal and-"
"Minho, just please tell me what I said," Newt cut him off, panic apparent on his face.
"Newt are you gay?"
Newt completely stopped moving and his whole body heated up. He could feel the hot red blush on his cheeks and his stomach churned. He opened his mouth to say something but his stomach lurched and his throat burned.
"You look like you're gonna puke, are you alright?" Minho asked gently.
"Nope, I'm gonna throw up," Newt admitted as he clutched his stomach.
Minho quickly grabbed the small wastebasket at the end of his bed and trusted it under Newt's chin.
As soon as he had the bucket he emptied all the contents of his stomach. What a great way to make friends Newt.
Groaning, he tipped his head back and winced. "I'm so sorry."
"It's okay, I've been drunk many of times." He took the bucket and put it to the side. "And hey about that thing...I shouldn't have said anything, sorry man."
"Yes," Newt whispered.
"Huh?"
"Yeah Min, I'm gay."
"You know I don't care right? Well like of course I care but I don't care. Doesn't matter if you kiss boys or girls Newt. Hell, I've kissed a boy before."
"Really?" Newt looked up at him, feeling a wave of adoration for the boy. He wasn't sure how he got lucky enough to meet Minho.
"Can I ask why you never said anything?" Minho let out a soft laugh. "I tried to hook you up at that party man, before you got there."
Newt shrugged slightly. "Wasn't sure how'd you react to it. I didn't wanna lose you guys."
Minho almost looked sad. "Newt, you're apart of our group. Something like that wouldn't have scared us away."
"Can you uh...could you keep it between us though?"
"The others wouldn't care Newt."
"Please, I'll tell them eventually just...not now." Newt winced at how helpless his voice sounded. The only thing going through his head was that if Thomas found out, he'd know that Newt didn't think of him platonically.
"Yeah Newt, of course I won't say anything. It's your business not mine." Minho smiled and patted Newt's knee.
"Is that the only utterly embarrassing thing I did?"
"Besides almost stripping on a table, biting me and begging me to make out with you, that's it." Minho snickered.
"Are you serious!?" Newt looked horrified.
"I saved you before you got your clothes off."
Newt groaned loudly and covered his face in his hands. He was never touching alcohol again.
"I mean if you still wanna make out we can." Minho winked making Newt scoff.
"Stop making fun of my drunk actions."
"Oh little Newt, you're never hearing the end of this."
Newt fell backwards till he was laying on the bed. He spread out his arms and finally registered that it was empty.
"Hey where's Tommy?"
Minho shrugged. "I dunno, he never came back last night. I had to carry your drunk ass back to your dorm so I didn't walk back with him."
An awful thought crossed Newt's mind and he shuddered. He didn't want to know the answer, but something in his head made him ask it anyways. "Is he with Teresa?"
Minho thought for a moment. "He was with her when we left, I asked him if he wanted to come, but he said no...he probably did go home with her."
"Good for him." Newt tried to sound happy between his clenched teeth. The memories of the previous night started coming back, the reason why he decided to drink.
"Yeah, he's probably getting some right now." Minho laughed as he started rustling a bag, probably disposing of Newt's vomit.
"Yeah...he probably is...."

"Hey, Newt you okay?" Thomas asked for the third time on their way to get food after Psychology.
"I'm fine," Newt replied the same, his voice sounded empty.
"You're acting a little weird." Thomas stopped walking and stood in front of Newt, blocking him from going anywhere.
"I'm not." Newt sighed as tried to move around Thomas and failed.
"For the past few weeks you've been off. You don't talk much to me anymore, at least not like you used to. We barely hangout, Minho says he hasn't seen you around much either." Thomas lightly grabbed Newt's arm, looking him in the eyes. Newt hated the fact that electricity sparked across the skin where Thomas' hand was.
"I said I'm fine."
Thomas opened his mouth to say something but then shook his head and closed it again. "I wish you trusted me Newt."
"Tommy, I do." Newt sighed, starting to feel guilty. "I just can't tell you about this." I can't tell you that I'm fuckin in love with you.
"Newt whatever is bothering you, I'm not gonna judge you for it."
"You know, I'm really not hungry." Newt stared at the cafe building and shrugged. "Get something without me." He needed to leave, Thomas was pushing and he could feel the cracks in his wall expanding.
"Newt," Thomas begged. "Come on, I'm your friend!"
Friend. That goddamn word. "That's exactly the problem! You're my friend!"
"If you're afraid of losing me, that's not going to happen."
Newt stared at him, open mouthed. He just didn't get it. He felt like his heart was going to jump out of his chest, how could Thomas be so stupid! How could he not know by now?!
"Thanks for the reassurance." Newt faked a smile, dropping the subject all together. He felt like he was going to explode.
"I mean it though."
Newt nodded and took a deep breath, preparing himself for the question he was about to ask. "How's Teresa?"
"Honestly Newt, I don't know. I like making out with her but I don't think I like her. I don't wanna hurt her but I don't wanna break it off with her either," Thomas admitted, running a hand through his hair.
"You two are dating?" Newt felt like he'd been punched. He expected it, but it didn't lessen the blow.
"No, we're more like...friends with benefits?" Thomas shrugged. "I don't think I'm really into her. She's hot and kisses real good but I don't like talking to her."
Newt almost laughed...almost.
"I sound like such a dick right now! I promise I'm not like this always. It's just...complicated with her."
"Do what makes you happy Tommy," Newt mumbled, the emotion missing from his voice.
"I miss you Newt," Thomas whispered. "I miss the Newt that wasn't lying when he said he was fine."
That pissed Newt off and broke the wall.
"Well I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you!" Newt suddenly snapped. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry I'm not bloody alright! Just leave me alone Thomas, please."
"Newt I didn't mean it like..." Thomas took a step forward but Newt jumped back, almost as if he was afraid Thomas would hurt him.
"I don't care what you mean! Just please, Tommy, stop."
"What am I supposed to stop?! I don't understand what I'm doing!"
Newt shut his eyes tightly, trying to stop the tears that were building up. He needed to get over this. He needed to go, he needed to go to his room. He needed everything to stop. He needed his feelings for Thomas to stop.
"I want to fix it," Thomas whispered. "I don't wanna fight again Newt."
"You can't Thomas, not now."
Thomas winced at the sound of his real name.
"I'm just gonna go back to my dorm..." Newt trailed off feeling more uncomfortable than he'd ever felt in his life.
Thomas was on the verge of tears. "Text me later? Please? Just let me know if you're okay?"
Newt shrugged and sighed.
Thomas put his hands out, like he was begging for Newt to give him something.
"I'll see you around Thomas," Newt said softly before turning and heading in the direction of the dorm room.
It took everything in his power not to turn around and wrap himself in Thomas' arms. He wanted more then anything to hug the boy, kiss away his frown and run his fingers down his arms. He wanted to hold him until the smile Newt loved so much came back.
He even had to pretend that he didn't hear Thomas crying.