Back to Normal

Apparently getting head wore Thomas out because right after they had to switch seats so he could sleep in the passenger seat. As soon as Thomas' head hit the car seat he was asleep. His eyes were closed, his mouth open slightly. Newt occasionally stole glances at him as he drove. Thomas really was gorgeous. He was completely positive that he was in love with this boy.
    He rested his hand on Thomas' thigh after turning the radio down so the boy could sleep soundly.
    He rubbed soft circles on his jeans with his thumb. He could easily say that Thomas was the best thing to ever happen to him. He made him indescribably happy. It almost felt wrong to say 'I love you' to him, Newt felt it barely scratched the surface of his actual feelings for the brunette boy.
    Thomas hummed in his sleep, shifting around a bit.
    Newt stopped rubbing his thigh which made Thomas groan. "Hey that felt good."
    "You're supposed to be asleep." Newt shook his head.
    "I was," Thomas mumbled as he stretched his arms. "Cars aren't comfortable."
    Newt laughed and went back to rubbing his thigh, his other hand staying tight on the steering wheel.
    Thomas smiled and closed his eyes again.
    They stayed silent for a while, Newt was almost sure he fell back asleep until Thomas suddenly shot up straight.
    "Bloody hell Tommy!"
    Thomas was grinning like an idiot. "Do you hear that Newt?"
    "Hear what?"
    Then Thomas cranked the radio.
    "YOU'RE INSECURE, DON'T KNOW WHAT FOR."

    "Hey you know Tommy, I never gave you your Christmas present," Newt said shyly as he reached under his bed for a nicely wrapped box. "I got it awhile ago but I guess I was kinda scared to give it to you."
    "I got you something too," Thomas said as he unzipped his suitcase. "I brought it, just never gave it to you. It's just something small."
    They were in Newt's dorm, on his bed, with plans to take a nap after their long car ride back to the campus.
    "Here open yours first," Newt mumbled as he pushed the box into Thomas' lap.
    Thomas eagerly tore open the paper and grinned when he saw what was inside. He pulled it out and ran his fingers over the cool glass. It was a picture of the two of them, Newt was holding the camera and smiling while Thomas' arms were wrapped around his waist and he was kissing his cheek. The wooden picture frame has their names written on it in sharpie marker, Newt clearly wrote it.
    "Do you like it?" Newt finally said.
    "Like it? I love it! I bet Minho will love having this stare him in the face while he tries to sleep." Thomas snickered before pulling Newt into an overly tight hug.
    "Get off me you idiot." Newt laughed as he tried to wiggle out of Thomas' grasp.
    "Now you have to open mine!" Thomas jumped off the bed and grabbed the box from his open suitcase.
    Newt shook his head at Thomas' enthusiasm but started tearing at the paper anyways. It was sweet that Thomas was obviously excited. Newt pulled out a sweatshirt, a copy of the Maze Runner DVD and an envelope.
    "I got the sweatshirt awhile ago and I wore it a few times because I know you like my hoodies. Of course I got that DVD because now you can always remember the exact night that I fell for you. And that envelope, save it and read it on our six month anniversary okay?"" Thomas' face wavered for a second. "Do you like it?"
    "Of course I do!" Newt got up and pinned the envelope on his cork board. "You seem pretty confident we're gonna make it to six months."
    Thomas smiled and stretched out across Newt's bed. "Well I know I'm not breaking up with you anytime soon, actually ever. I'm not breaking up with you ever."
    "How am I supposed to wait that long to open it?" Newt frowned as he crawled on Thomas, settling on his chest and looking up at him.
    "I know what you can do in the meantime to distract you." Thomas smirked as he reached one of his hands up to cup Newt's jaw.
    Newt lovingly rolled his eyes, pretending he couldn't feel Thomas' hand inching its way up his side. "Oh what ever could that be?"
    "Were on a proper bedddd." Thomas wiggled his eyebrows, making Newt snort and shake his head.
    Thomas grinned and slipped his hand under Newt's shirt, trailing his fingertips lightly up his side.
    "Did you lock the door?"
    Thomas nodded quickly, making Newt shiver as he slipped his hand around and lightly traced up his spine.
    Newt sat up so he was sitting on Thomas' stomach. He yanked his shirt off and discarded it on the floor, smiling at the way Thomas' eyes widened.
    "Alright pretty boy, you better make this worth my time then."

    "Yeah Newt you should come!" Minho begged as Thomas nodded.
    "I'd have to sit there by myself." Newt crossed his arms.
    "I could sit with you until I have to run, come on it's only a few hours long, please! For me! We've been dating for five months now and you haven't been to one yet!" Thomas pouted and Newt sighed.
    "Aw come on, we wear really tight shirts when we run, like skin tight. The shorts are ridiculously small too, they do wonders for the ass. I know you wouldn't mind that view of him at all!" Minho snickered and pinched Newt's arm as he gestured to Thomas.
    "Ow!" He swatted at Minho's hand then let out a long breath. "Fine, I'll come to the track meet."
    "The tight shirt argument worked!" Minho cheered and high fived Thomas.
    "You're taking me to get food now though." Newt pointed at Thomas and raised his eyebrows.
    "So needy," Thomas teased but hooked his arm through Newt's and started pulling him towards the car. "See you at the meet Minho!"
    "Don't be late shuck face!" he called after the two boys.
    "I'm never late!" Thomas yelled over his shoulder as he reached his car.
    "Where are we going?" Newt asked
    "Surprise." Thomas grinned and he started the car. "You'll love it."

    "I can't decide if I should be amused or mad at you," Newt said as he eyed the bowl of easy-mac Thomas put in his lap.
    "Mac and cheese is a great meal! Plus I can't run on a full stomach so it wouldn't be fair if we went out and you taunted me with your good looking plate."
    "Well I'm being taunted with your good looking body at this track meet."
    Thomas grinned and pulled off his shirt, grabbing his track tank out of his drawer. "There's no taunting, it's all yours babe."
    Newt flipped him off but didn't take his eyes off his boyfriends toned chest as he slurped his noodles.
    Thomas pulled on the "jersey" and Newt could gladly say Minho was right. The stupid thing was like a second skin. Every time Thomas moved he could see the ripples and curves of his muscles. Newt was pretty certain he was about to start drooling into his easy-mac cup.
    Thomas caught his eyes and laughed lightly. "You're acting like you've never seen me before."
    "Tommy shut up I'm focusing."
    Thomas laughed harder at that, searching through the drawer before he pulled out a very small pair of shorts. They were both dark green, the colours of the school. Newt was pretty happy that the slug didn't get put on the jersey, he was positive that would be a pretty big turn-off.
    Thomas dropped his pants and Newt choked on a mouth full of cheesy noodles.
    "Bloody hell warn a bloke." Newt shook his head as he wiped his mouth.
    Thomas shook his head but an amused smile played on his lips. "Wow Newt I didn't know boxers turned you on so much."
    "You turn me on you idiot." Newt looked at the alarm clock and smirked as he dropped the half eaten easy-mac into the garbage can. "I think you should come here and let me take that tank top off of you."
    Thomas smirked, but crossed the room anyways. "Are you suggesting a quickie Newton?"
    "One, that's not my name. Two, stop taking and get on me."
    Needless to say, they almost missed the track meet.