Big Step

"Stop clicking your bloody pen!" Newt glared at Thomas as he clicked it again.
    "I'm bored of studying." Thomas groaned as he rolled onto his back. There were books all over the floor and Cheetos crumbs, thanks to Thomas. "Who cares about cognitive processes anyways?"
    "You do if you wanna pass your finals." Newt sighed but closed his book anyways.
    "I'm gonna miss you when we go home." Thomas frowned as he tipped his head back to look at Newt.
    Newt smiled and leaned down to peck his lips. "I'll miss you too. You know we've been dating almost two months?"
    "Really? It doesn't feel that long."
    "It feels like I've been pining over you forever." Newt smiled. "Alright let's take a break."
    Thomas' face lit up and he sprung up off the floor.
    "I don't mean a make out break. Go get your keys, let's go somewhere." Newt grabbed his converse and laced them up as Thomas pouted.
    Thomas grabbed his keys and coat anyways.
    "It's kinda hard to believe that I was the one obsessed with you, not the other way around." Newt teased as he nudged Thomas with his sneaker.
    "I was just much better at hiding it."
    Newt rolled his eyes but zipped up his jacket. "Okay, but when we get back we actually have to study."
    "Okay little pain in the ass, let's go." Thomas grabbed Newt's hand as they walked out the door.

    "Where are we going?" Thomas asked as he pulled out of the dorm parking lot. He had one hand on the steering wheel and the other on Newt's thigh. Newt would have shoved his hand off if it didn't feel so good.
    Newt shrugged. "Anywhere, you pick."
    "Hey remember when we went grocery shopping that one time?" Thomas asked, smirking.
    "Yeah? Why."
    "I was checking out your ass the entire time." Thomas grinned as Newt's cheeks flushed red.
    "I noticed." Newt rolled his eyes as Thomas squeezed his thigh.
    "I should've asked you out then." Thomas turned down a side road.
    "Yeah, you should have." Newt agreed as he lightly traced patterns on the back on Thomas' hand.
    "I was so stupid you know? With that whole Teresa thing. I figured out why you got so mad at the party, it's because you saw me kissing her. You know as soon as you walked out I regretted it. I shouldn't have brought her. I stayed at Alby's that night because I was so upset. I thought I could never have you so I tried to force myself to like Teresa," Thomas said softly as he kept his eyes locked on the road.
    "Tommy, it doesn't matter anymore." Newt reassured him as he kept tracing Thomas' skin. "It was a long time ago."
    "I know, I just feel guilty about it." Thomas frowned.
    "It's not like you slept with her." Newt shrugged. "I've made out with people I wish I hadn't."
    Thomas smiled as turned down another street. "Alright no more Teresa talk."
    "Do you know where we're going?"
    "Yeah! I have a great idea!" Thomas grinned as he kept driving.

    "This was an awful idea." Newt grumbled as he landed on his ass for the third time.
    "Come here." Thomas laughed as he helped Newt on his feet. They were at the ice rink not to far away from campus and Newt wasn't doing too well.
    "Don't let go this time!" Newt warned as he gripped Thomas' hands tightly.
    "I won't, okay relax." Thomas laughed which made Newt scowl.
    "I'm serious Thomas!" Newt had a death grip on his boyfriend who was finding this to be the funniest thing in the world.
    "It's weird when you call me that."
    "Then don't let go." Newt squeezed harder as Thomas pulled him along the ice.
    "You actually have to move your feet." Thomas laughed as he kept pulling.
Newt didn't weigh much but it was difficult pulling another person.
    "No, I'm having much more fun with you pulling." Newt smiled as he tightened his grip on Thomas' hands.
    "My arms are getting tired." Thomas whined.
    "Fine fine, I'll try." Newt hesitantly slid one foot forward. His skate hit a bump in the ice and he went flying forward right on top of Thomas.
    "Fuck, ouch." Thomas groaned as he laid on the ice.
    "That one was your fault." Newt bit his lip, trying to hold back a laugh. Thankfully Thomas broke his fall so he wasn't feeling any pain.
    "Maybe this was a bad idea." Thomas sat up as Newt got off him and slowly stood on his skates.
    "Now I'm having fun!" Newt slowly balanced himself. "Hey this isn't so hard!"
    Thomas grinned and got up despite the pain flashing along his entire backside.
    He held Newt's hand again and started slowly skating.
    "Okay now I get the appeal of this, it's kinda cute."
    "Told you it'd be fun!" Thomas pecked Newt's cheek and sped up a little bit.
    Soon Newt could go at a decent pace and only fell twice more.

    "You're nose is red." Thomas pointed out as he sipped his coffee. They were sitting back in the car with the heat full blast and the radio quietly playing Wonderwall by Oasis.
    "Maybe because it was bloody cold in there." Newt laughed as he rubbed his hands together.
    Thomas was just staring at him with an affectionate look. "I'm really gonna miss you."
    "Tommy, where do you live again?"
    "Ohio, why?"
    "Why don't we spend Christmas break with each other. I live in New York, which isn't that far away, so we can spend half the time with your family then the other half with mine."
    Thomas thought for a moment. "You wanna meet my parents?"
    Newt nodded. "I know we haven't been dating that long, but..." Newt trailed off and slightly shrugged. "If it's too soon we don't have to..."
    "Newt stop, of course I want you to meet my parents."
    "Do they, uh, know I'm a guy?"
    Thomas nodded. "I wasn't hiding it. Do your parents know about me?"
    "Yeah I told my mom, they asked if I was seeing anyone."
    "Alright, then let's do it. Let's spend Christmas together."
    Newt grinned and hopped over the divider, moving so he was straddling Thomas' legs.   
    Thomas put down his coffee in the cup holder and looked up at him. "Goddamn, hello."
    Newt laughed and quickly connected their lips. Thomas kissed back and rested his hands on Newt's hips as their lips moved passionately together.
    Newt made a small pleased sound as their kiss turned sloppy, but to the both of them it was perfect. Newt's hand was running through Thomas' hair and the other was firm against his chest, keeping him up.
    "I got my make out break." Thomas pulled away slightly and laughed before he started leaving soft kisses down Newt's neck.
    "Watch it or we'll go back to studying." Newt teased but shivered under the touch of Thomas' lips on his cold skin.
    "You want to stop?" Thomas pulled back completely, but a smirk played on his face.
    Newt glared at him which just made Thomas bite his lip, clearly trying to hold back a laugh. Newt would have been more mad if Thomas biting his lip wasn't so damn sexy. He wasn't sure what took over him but he lightly pulled Thomas' lip out from between his teeth and ran his finger across it. Thomas was gorgeous and Newt wanted him.
    "If you say it I won't let you fuck me in the backseat." Newt warned.
    The look on Thomas' face made Newt start laughing. He looked completely shell shocked, his eyes were wide and his grip on Newt's hips loosened.
    "You okay there Tommy?"
    Thomas swiped his tongue across his lips and took a breath. "Fuck Newt, you can't say shit that like if you don't mean it."
    Newt smirked and trailed his hands down to Thomas' belt. "Who said I didn't mean it?"
    Newt had never seen someone climb over a seat so fast.