Movie Nights and Harsh Realizations

The first week of classes flew by. By Friday Newt was exhausted. After finishing his last class of the week, he immediately headed back to his dorm room.  When he finally got inside, he collapsed onto the bed and shut his eyes. He buried his face into his pillow, his body in blankets and sighed in content. His aching muscles finally relaxed into the warmth of the thick comforter that his mother insisted he bring. Today he thanked her.
     He just started drifting off to sleep when his phone rang loudly. Newt groaned and fished it out of his pocket, hitting accept without even looking.
     "Hello?" he mumbled, his eyes still shut.
     "Hey Newt! you free tonight?" Minho asked.
     "Uh no?" Newt mentally cursed when it came out like a question. Sleeping was definitely a plan.
     "Really? What are you doing right now then?"
     Newt groaned and sat up on the bed, rubbing his tired eyes. "Well I was in bed."
     "Newt! It's our first weekend of college! Come over!"
     "Minho I really don't like parties..." Newt mumbled.
     Minho laughed. "It's not a party. Just me, you, Alby and Thomas."
     Oh ,Thomas would be there. Newt was talking before he could think about his response. "Alright I'll be there, when?"
     "In like two hours? I'll get a pizza and maybe a six pack."
     "Okay, see you then." Newt hit the end button and let his head fall back onto the pillow. He had two hours to sleep.

      An ear piercing banging awoke Newt from his sleep. He groaned and opened his eyes. If Gally had forgotten his key, he was a dead man. Maybe if he ignored it, it would go away. Newt's theory was proven wrong when the banging continued after a second.
     Newt got up, shouted an aggressive "I'm coming!" and made his way to the door. He opened it and rubbed his eyes.
     "Hey kitten." Thomas grinned.
     Newt rolled his eyes and shook his head, trying to wake himself up. "What are you doing here? And why did you have to knock so aggressively?"
     "You were late, so they sent me to get you." Then he shrugged. "You didn't answer when I knocked un-aggressively."
     "Bloody hell, I overslept." Newt's voice was still groggy from sleep. Of course Thomas had to show up when he looked like actual shit.
     "It's fine, let's just go...Hey where's your roommate?"
     "Class, he takes most of them at night. I don't think he likes people much."
      Thomas shrugged then grabbed Newt's wrist and started to drag him.
      He tried to ignore the electric sparks that shot through his veins.
     "Come on Newt, if there's no pizza left, it's your fault."
     "Okay okay I'm coming!" Newt was barely even able to pull the door shut before being tugged down the hall.
      When they got to Thomas and Minho's room the only thing Newt could smell was pizza.
     There were two huge open boxes of it open on the floor. Minho was sprawled across one of the beds and Alby was on the floor, in between the boxes.
     "Nice of you to finally join us Newt," Minho teased as he shifted on the bed.
     Newt just rolled his eyes and stood there awkwardly as Thomas sat down on the other bed, which Newt was pretty sure belonged to him.
     It was quiet for a few moments as Thomas grabbed a slice of pizza and shoved it into his mouth. Newts stomach growled but he felt weird about going into their dorm room. Of course he wanted to be in Thomas' bed, but in a completely different situation.
     Thomas looked at his with cheese running down his chin patted the bed next to him. "Come on Newt, you can sit."
     Newt frowned but took a seat on the very edge of Thomas' bed, he didn't think he could handle sitting too close to Thomas. He'd probably combust. Alby handed him a piece of pizza from the floor, he smiled thankfully and took it.
     "What movie are we getting?"
     "I don't know, Alby brought one."
     "It's this movie called The Maze Runner, it's so good, trust me guys." Alby beamed as he put the disk in the DVD player.
     Suddenly Newt felt himself being pulled back toward the wall.
     "Hey!" Newt growled as he pulled at the hands on his waist.
     "Relax, I just knew you weren't gonna move from the edge." Thomas laughed as he released Newt when he was almost sitting next to him. "I just wanted to use you as a footrest." Thomas smirked and rested his legs on top of Newts as he put his hands behind his head and leaned on the wall.
     "Well that's just bloody great." Newt grumbled. In all honesty he wasn't even mad, his heart rate just picked up and his hands were getting sweaty. He distracted himself by taking another bite of pizza. Pizza wouldn't give him a boner but Thomas definitely would.
     "You're either quiet or grumpy, there's no inbetween," Minho stated as he flicked a pepperoni at Newt.
     Newt shot him a very fake smile and flipped him off before snatching the pepperoni and popping it into his mouth.
     "Hey no vulgar symbols in my dorm!" Minho stuck his tongue out at him but the quickly averted his eyes to the screen as sound came out of the small speakers.
     Alby laid down on his stomach as he picked the pepperonis off the pizza slices and ate them when he thought no one was looking.
     "What a great party guys," Minho laughed as he grabbed a bottle out of the sux pack and popped it open.
     "Trust me this movie is good!" Alby insisted as he turned over to swat Minho's hair.
     "Hey man! Not the hair, that's my money maker up there." Minho pouted.
     "Shanks, shut up, I can't hear!" Thomas pointed at the flickering image of a guy stuck in some type of box.
     Everyone focused in on the movie...well everyone but Newt. He couldn't stop thinking of Thomas' legs on top of his. Every time he would shift, even the slightest bit, Newt's heart would skip a beat. He tried to calm down so no one would realize that he was internally freaking out, but it was a lot easier said than done. He wanted to rest his hands on his legs and draw soft little shapes on them with his fingertips. He wanted to hold Thomas' hand and kiss his knuckles.
     He glanced over at Thomas' face for a second, his lips were slightly parted as his eyes were lit up from the glow of the screen. Every once in awhile his tongue would swipe over his bottom lip. It took all of Newt's self control not to climb on top of him and start kissing him senseless.
     Thomas caught Newt staring once, but he just smiled for a brief second before almost instantly becoming re transfixed on the movie.
     Newt was so confused with what was happening in the film because he spent to long studying Thomas' face, so he decided to see what everyone else was doing. Minho was laying on his stomach on the bed with his head resting in his hands.
     Minho was hot, Newt could easily admit that, but for some reason the sight of him didn't stir up his insides like Thomas did. Then he moved to Alby, Alby wasn't bad looking either, almost instantly Newt started feeling insecure. These guys were all unfairly good-looking and Newt was just this scrawny British boy with a limp.
     He huffed and ran his fingers through his hair. He didn't want to watch this movie anymore. He let his eyelids close and his head rest against the wall.
     The last thing he could remember was his head rolling onto Thomas' shoulder and falling into unconsciousness.

     Newt came back to consciousness when the end credits of the movie where playing. His neck ached and he felt something hard under his head. He slowly lifted it up and was horrified to see it was Thomas' shoulder.
     "Sleeping beauty awakes!" Minho grinned as he saw Newt move.
      Thomas turned his head to look at Newt and actually smiled. "You could have just told me to take my legs off you instead of using me as a pillow to get even." Newt could tell he was joking but the embarrassment kept slowly spreading in his stomach.
     "Did I really bloody fall asleep?" Newt groaned as he ran his fingers through the hair that was flattened from Thomas' shoulder.
      Alby laughed and nodded. "Yeah your cuddle session was real cute guys."
     "You're just jealous." Thomas laughed as he dramatically squished his cheek against Newt's.
     "Get the bloody hell off me," Newt grumbled as he shoved at Thomas' shoulder. He desperately tried to keep the blush off his cheeks as Thomas feigned a hurt expression.
     "Wait Thomas! Newt missed the story!" Minho suddenly exclaimed excitedly.
     "Yeah Thomas over here is seriously smooth." Alby grinned as he motioned the the boy.
     "She wrote her number on my coffee cup!" Thomas protested. "She was probably just trying to be nice!"
     "Yeah okay a girl that looks like that isn't just 'trying to be nice' to a guy who looks like you." Minho rolled his eyes.
     Newt felt like he was just punched in the stomach. He almost laughed at himself for even thinking he had a chance. Thomas had an allegedly pretty girl into him, why would he ever even give Newt a second thought? He tried his best to keep the pained expression off his face, but he felt like his heart was just stepped on.
     "So you gonna call her?" Minho wiggled his eyebrows.
     Thomas shrugged. "I dunno."
     "Well if you don't, I will." Alby stated, causing the 3 of them burst out into laughter.
     "What about you Newt? Got a college girl already?" Minho asked after everyone died down.
     "Um...well...actually...I don't...," Newt stammered, being taken totally by surprise.
     "What you don't date?"
     "More like I've never dated before." Newt's face burned red as he looked down at Thomas' legs that were still resting on top of his. It was embarrassing but true, he'd never been in a relationship.
     "Are you serious?" Thomas asked, sounding completely shocked.
     "I know it's bloody embarrassing Tommy so don't make a big deal out of it!" Newt snapped.
     "I wasn't!" Hurt flashed across Thomas' face. "I was just surprised. I mean you're not nearly as ugly at Minho over there and he has girls flocking all over him!"
     "You're not wrong." Minho flexed his arm, causing Thomas to roll his eyes.
     "It's nothing to be ashamed about Newt." Thomas gave him a warm smile. "It's just a little surprising, that's all."
     Newt gave him a week smile back but red still tinted his cheeks.
     "You want me to hook you up man?" Minho tossed a pillow in Newt's direction but Thomas ended up taking most of the blow.
     "No...really it's fine. I don't even want one anyways." Newt grabbed the pillow and threw it back, just missing Minho.
     "You've kissed someone before right?" Alby suddenly asked.
     "Yes." Newt practically growled, starting to get agitated.
     Thomas grinned and gestured to Newt's face. "Doesn't he look like an angry kitten when he does that?!"
     Newt gave Thomas a look. "I hate college."