Road Trips

"You're insecure! Don't know what for!" Thomas blasted the radio as he dramatically sang along to the teenage boy band song.
    "I'm trying to pay attention to the road and you're being distracting," Newt said, biting his lip to stop himself from laughing.
    "You're turning heads when you walk through the door-or-or." Thomas wiggled his eyebrows at Newt.
    Newt shook his head and tried to keep his eyes off his boyfriend who was dancing in his seat.
    "EVERYONE ELSE IN THE ROOM CAN SEE IT, EVERYONE ELSE BUT YOU!!!" Thomas screamed as he cranked the volume even higher.
    Newt couldn't help it and he started laughing as he gripped the steering wheel tighter.
    "Baby you light up my world like nobody else, they way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed." Thomas winked at Newt which made him laugh even harder.
    "I'm trying to pay attention to the bloody road Tommy!" Thomas paid the scolding no attention because he went right back to singing.
    "If only you saw what I can see, you'd understand why I want you so desperately!' Thomas swung his hand to his mouth as if to use his fist as a microphone but he banged it hard on the window and yelped in pain.
    At this point Newt was in tears he was laughing so hard.
    "That's not funny! I think I broke my hand!" Thomas yelled over the music.
    "It's your fault for trying to seduce me with One Direction."
    "It was totally working!" Thomas grinned but winced as he moved his hand.
    Newt turned down the radio and held out his hand, keeping one on the wheel.
    "Give it here you baby."
    "Gladly." Thomas grinned as he gently intertwined his fingers with Newt's.
    "You are such a child sometimes Tommy."  Newt shot him a smile before turning into an exit along the through way.
    "Where are we going?" Thomas watched out the window curiously.
    "I need food," Newt stated. "I can't survive another hour and a half of driving without something in my stomach."
    "You're fault for going to college on the other side of the state." Thomas teased.
    "Oh slim it, then I wouldn't have met you!"
    "Oh yeah." Thomas grinned. "Good choice then, I like the fact that you met me."
    Newt rolled his eyes as they looked for some type of food place to go to.

    "I don't get it." Newt swallowed a piece of his hamburger as he stared at Thomas.
    "Don't get what?"
    "You eat this crap but you still have a sexy as hell six pack abs!" Newt motioned to the Big Mac and large fries on the table in front of Thomas.
    Thomas shrugged. "I was just blessed with hot genes, plus track. And hey I don't hear you complaining about my body."
    "I'm definitely not complaining, just pointing out the unfairness of your metabolism."
    "You sound like my 6th grade science teacher." Thomas laughed as he flicked a french fry at Newt.
    "Was he hot?"
    "She was stunning." Thomas winked and bit his lip to stop himself from laughing.
    Newt rolled his eyes and took another bite of him hamburger.
    Thomas flicked a fry at him and laughed when Newt flipped him off. "You know we're so different now than the first time we talked."
    Newt cocked his head and Thomas smiled.
    "You could barely say two words to me without getting all blushy. I just thought you were shy, but now I know you were just waiting to confess your undying lo-"
    Newt cut him off by throwing a pickle at his face. "Slim it. You're bloody annoying."
    Thomas laughed and held Newt's hand over the table. "I'm sorry, I love you."
    Newt rolled his eyes but couldn't keep the smile off his face. "I love you too idiot."
    Suddenly Thomas frowned. "Newt, what if your mom doesn't like me?"
    "Tommy, she'll love you. She'll love you as much as I do." Newt gave his hand a reassuring squeeze.
    "I'm nervous." Thomas looked at Newt with puppy dog eyes which made him absolutely melt. "I've never done the parent thing before."
    "Don't be, I promise there is nothing to worry about." Newt smiled and got up to throw out their garbage.
    "I'm also nervous for you to meet my parents." Thomas whispered.
    Newt froze, midway throwing out the trash. "Why are you bloody embarrassed of me?"
    "No, no, Newt of course not. Just, come back and sit down."
    Newt did as he was told and took Thomas' hand in his again.
    "Remember how I mentioned my dad was sick? He's going crazy and I'm just scared that something is going to go wrong."
    "Tommy listen, nothing is going to change the way I feel about you okay? I love you even though you're a cocky little asshole, you're MY cocky little asshole. I can handle parents." Newt got up and quickly kissed him on the lips. "Come on let's get back to driving."
    Thomas was grinning madly and he hugged Newt quickly before nodding. "Sure, it's my shift to drive."
    "It's your jeep, you don't have to ask to drive it." Newt laughed as he was being dragged outside by his overly eager boyfriend.
    "I'm gonna make your parents like me more than they like you," Thomas said once they were settled into their seats.
    "Oh yeah?" an amused smirk played across Newt's face.
    "Yeah!" Thomas grinned as he started the jeep. "I bet they would like my One Direction covers."
    "Tommy, I love you, but no one likes your One Direction covers." Newt laughed as Thomas faked a look of hurt.
    "That hurt real bad Newt."
    "Slim it and start driving, I want to get there before dinner."

    "We're like 15 minutes away now," Newt said as he looked out the window.
    "Tanks almost empty, let's stop for gas and switch cause you know the way better than I do." Thomas glanced at Newt for approval. Newt nodded and let his head rest against the back of the seat.
    Thomas just shook his head as he pulled into the gas station.
    "You can stay in here until I'm done filling the tank if you want." Thomas leaned over and kissed his boyfriends cheek before closing the door and inserting his credit card into the gas pump.
    Newt watched Thomas pumping the gas from out the window. It all felt so domestic, like they were a married couple filling up their car on the way to a vacation. He could picture himself doing this for the rest of his life.
    He got out of the car and headed over to Thomas, wrapping his arms around Thomas from behind.
    "Oh hello there." Thomas chuckled as he held the pump in the car.
    Newt smiled and rested his cheek against Thomas' back.
    "Whatcha doin?"
    "I gotta switch seats, but you looked cute."
    Thomas laughed and pulled the pump out of the tank. "Well we're all filled up."
    Newt nodded against his back and pressed a kiss to the back of his neck before getting behind the wheel.
    Thomas slid into the passenger seat and smiled at Newt.
    "Stop looking at me, I'm trying to drive."
    Thomas laughed and smiled as Newt settled his hand on his thigh.
    "You know Newt, you're really something else."