Lowkey Disasters

"See now you're thanking me for polluting your cart with junk food." Thomas snickered as he watched Newt open the bag of chips Thomas dunked into the cart.
"Yeah yeah." Newt waved his hand at him to shut him up before dipping his hand into the bag.
"You're such a buzzkill." Thomas frowned as he stretched, revealing a thin line of exposed skin which made Newt want to die.
"Shut up Thomas." Newt glared at him.
"That sounds weird coming from you."
"What does?"
"You calling me Thomas."
"Don't piss me off and I'll call you Tommy." Newt lightly kicked him.
"Sometimes I really hate you Newton."
Newt glared at him and threw a chip at his head. "That's not my real name."
"There's no way your parents named you Newt. It has to be short for something."
"That's something you will never find out." Newt grinned as he shoved some chips into his mouth.
"Why? Is it like Salamander?"
Newt almost choked on his chips. "I'm not named Salamander!"
"Reptile? Amphibian? Newtmas?"
Newt shook his head and laughed lightly. "Tommy, none of those names make any sense."
"I'm gonna find out one day. Before I die I swear I will know your real name."
"Bet."
Thomas glanced at his phone, clearly losing interest in trying to guess Newt's name. "It's only 9:00, what do you wanna do?"
"We could log into my Netflix, you guys can have the guest account," Newt suggested.
"Okay, but gimme those first." Thomas grabbed at the bag of chips that was just barely out of his reach. Newt pushed them a little closer and Thomas picked them up, smiling victoriously.
"What shows do you watch on here?" Newt asked as he put in his password.
"The basics, American Horror Stor..."
"Wait seriously?"
"Yeah why?"
"That's my favorite show!" Newt grinned. "I'm relieved you don't want that bloody cliche bullshit like Vampire Diaries or One Tree Hill."
"Newt!" Thomas fake gasped. "Who do you think I am?"
"Someone with bad taste." Newt selected the first episode of murder house and scooted back on the floor next to Thomas.
"You suck." Thomas laughed. Well I mean only if you want me to, Newt thought as he watched Thomas climb onto the bed. "This floor is hard and my butt hurts," Thomas explained when he saw Newt watching him. "You can come up here too."
This was the second time Newt got on Thomas' bed, he felt accomplished. He sat next to Thomas, not too close but certainly not too far, it was like the maze runner movie all over again.
By the third episode Newt's eye lids were dropping and it was becoming a serious struggle to keep them open again. When he was in that state between sleep and awake he felt his head fall over and rest on Thomas' shoulder. Almost instantly he was out.

"Ow! Newt you fuckin punched me!" Thomas yelled, jumping Newt awake as he held his cheek.
Newt's heart was racing and his head was spinning. He could feel tears on his face and he was shaking so hard that he could barely breathe.
"Hey, are you alright?" Thomas was just staring at him, like he wasn't sure what to do.
Newt shook his head quickly as he started rubbing his cheeks to dry them. He was not going to cry in front of a cute boy, he was NOT. "I'm sorry Tommy."
"Hey, it's alright, come here." Thomas awkwardly wrapped his arms around Newt and pulled him into his chest, he lightly rubbed his back as Newt let his face fall into Thomas' hoodie.
"I'm sorry Tommy, I'm sorry." Newt apologized over and over as he kept shaking. He willed his body to stop but his head was still stuck in the nightmare and it wouldn't come out.
"Hey Newt, you're awake now. I'm here, you're okay," Thomas whispered as he moved his hand up to run his fingers through Newt's hair.
Thomas kept holding him till Newt's breathing slowed to a normal rate. He relaxed into Thomas' chest, relishing in the warmth of the other boy. Newt felt good in his arms and suddenly he never wanted to leave.
"Newt, what was your dream about?" Thomas let go of him so he could look at his face.
"It was something that happened to me a long time ago." Newt rubbed his face, trying to make this whole situation less embarrassing. "Tommy, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to punch you."
"It's okay." Thomas smiled as he turned his head a little. "As long as you didn't fuck up my face and I'm still hot." Well that's one thing you don't have to worry about.
Newt gave him a half smile and lightly trailed his fingers across the red mark. He wasn't sure what compelled him to do it but Thomas slightly leaned into the touch which almost ceased Newt's breathing. "I think you're okay."
Thomas turned his head back when Newt pulled his hand away. "What was the nightmare about?"
Newt was quiet for a moment, debating if he wanted Thomas to know that side of him. He debated with himself until he finally decided if he ever wanted anything to happen with Thomas, he would have to know. "Have you ever noticed my limp Tommy?"
Thomas nodded as he shifted on the bed more comfortably.
"I've never told anyone how I got it before," Newt stated, playing with his hands in his lap.
"It's okay, you don't have to tell m..."
"No, I want to." Newt cut him off and took a deep breath. "When I was in high school I jumped off a bridge and yes, for the exact reason you're probably thinking.
I almost died. I broke seven bones and was in the hospital for a long time. My leg was shattered, I'm lucky I can even walk. I was unconscious for days. Walking out of that with just a limp was pure luck." Newt could feel the hot tears stinging at his eyes. "I'm better now. A lot better. I don't get those thoughts in my head anymore." Newt looked up at Thomas who was listening intently. "I'm happy."
"Hey don't cry," Thomas said softly as he wiped Newt's cheeks with his thumbs. "It's nothing to be ashamed of, but if you ever like need someone you know? I won't judge you."
Newt took a deep breath and weakly smiled. "Thanks Tommy. Hey, sorry for waking you up at..." he looked at the small digital clock. "...3am. I'll just go over to Minho's bed and go back to sleep."
Newt started to get up but Thomas' grabbed his wrist. "Just stay here."
"Okay." Newt said softly and crawled back next to Thomas, they moved under the comforter this time. The bed was small so they were almost touching. Newt could feel the heat coming from Thomas on every inch of his skin. His heart was racing but he closed his eyes and tried to relax. This was platonic. They weren't cuddling, just sharing a bed. When Newt opened his eyes he saw Thomas was already asleep and he had the cutest sleepy face ever.
Thomas was going to be the death of him

In the morning Newt woke up on the floor and Thomas was sprawled across the entire bed.