I Think I Fell In Love

Thomas and Newt walked to class together, like always, just this time they held hands. Thomas kept running his thumb along Newt's which kept a soft permanent smile on his face.
    Thomas looked at Newt and smiled softly. "You know, Minho kept telling me to break it off with Teresa. I thought he was jealous, but I guess I know now he was playing matchmaker."
    Newt shook his head. "Why do you always assume everyone is jealous of Teresa?"
    Thomas shrugged. "Hard to believe someone would like me maybe."
    Newt couldn't tell if he was kidding or not. "How could someone not like you?"
    Thomas turned his head to look at Newt. Newt could tell he was smiling, so just because he could, he leaned over and softly pecked his lips.
    "Hey no distracting me, I'm trying to walk." Thomas lightly bumped their shoulders together as Newt snickered.
    "Can't help it, you're cute."
    "Hey, Newt, what are we?"
    "What do you mean?"
    Thomas swung their conjoined hands. "Like this. What does this mean to you? What do we call us?"
    It means everything to me. "What do you wanna call us?" Newt asked back
    "Boyfriends."
    Newt's breath hitched in his throat. He was aware Thomas liked him and that was the direction they were heading, but that word made his chest swell and his stomach warm.
    "Aw did I make you speechless?"
    "Shut up." Newt's cheeks flushed.
    "Should I take that as a yes? Or do I have to officially ask you to be my boyfriend?" Thomas' tone was playful but Newt could tell by the way the grip on his hand tightened that he was somewhat nervous about the conversation.
    Newt turned his head to look at him and gave him a reassuring smile. "Of course we're boyfriends Tommy."
    Thomas smiled and went back to running his thumb along Newt's. "Good that."
    "Yeah, I don't like sharing," Newt said which made Thomas laugh.
    "You made that pretty clear when you gave Teresa the death stare when you met her at the coffee shop."
    "Have I ever told you you're bloody annoying?"
    "That I may be, but you like it." Thomas grinned.
    "Somewhat."
    "Hey Newt, when did you start liking me?" Thomas asked.
    Newt thought for a moment. "Well the first time I saw you racing Minho I thought you were attractive, but when we got pizza and you walked with me. I think that's when it started. How 'bout you?"
    "Remember when we watched the maze runner? And you fell asleep on my shoulder; god that was adorable."
    "That was actually an accident, I was horrified when I woke up."
    Thomas laughed and shook his head. "You drooled on my shoulder a little bit, but it was the cutest thing. The guys kept making fun of me, but I wouldn't let them wake you up."
    Newt dropped Thomas' hand to push open the door to their psychology building.
    "Wanna come back to my dorm after class?" Thomas asked as they walked inside.
    "Is Minho gonna be there again?"
    "Nope."

    "I hate college but I love it," Thomas stated as he pulled Newt down into his lap.
    "It's not bad." Newt shrugged as he positioned his back against Thomas' chest.
    Thomas locked his arms around Newt's waist as his rested his head in the crook of his neck.
    "You smell good."
    "You're really cliche." Newt poked Thomas' arm.
    "Well you're really small, you fit in my lap well." Thomas grinned against Newt's neck.
    Newt rolled his eyes. "I'm not that small."
    "You're small, but it's a good thing, it means when we makeout in about fifteen minutes I can pick you up without breaking my back."
    Newt pursed his lips, he didn't know if he could ever get used to Thomas saying stuff like that. It stirred up his stomach and made his cheeks heat up. Before he could think of a response, Thomas was talking again.
    "Hey now that we're dating do I get special privileges?"
    "What kind of privileges?" Newt asked skeptically.
    "To copy your psych homework."
    "...maybe if you do that thing with your tongue again."

    "Hurry up!" Thomas whined as he banged on Newt's dorm door.
    "I'm putting clothes on, wait a second."
    "Oh in that case I'm coming in!" Thomas announced and a second later the door opened.
    "Hey!" Newt yelled as he held his shirt to his body. "How'd you even get the door open?!"
    "You didn't lock it, but don't mind me, I'll just be watching." Thomas grinned as he sat in the desk chair.
    Newt sighed as he pulled his shirt over his head and slipped his arms through. He ran a hand through his hair and pulled on a flannel over his T-shirt.
    "I'd like your outfit a lot more if all of it was on the floor." Thomas said seriously as he spun in the desk chair.
    Newt flipped him off and sat down on the bed to lace up his converse.
    "To hell with our date, let's stay here," Thomas said, making his way over to Newt.
    "I swear you are such a horny teenage boy." Newt stood up and raised his eyebrows. 
    "I can't help it, I have a very hot boyfriend." Thomas smiled and moved his head forward till he was hovering centimeters above Newt's lips.
    "We're still going on the date," Newt said.
    "All you do is tell me no." Thomas dramatically grabbed his chest before shaking his head and pressing his lips to Newt's.
    Suddenly they heard the door snap open and jumped apart.
    "Every bloody time." Newt huffed.
    "Oh Newt didn't tell me you got together already." Gally was standing in the doorway, holding a stack of textbooks.
    "Did everyone know about your crush but me?" Thomas crossed his arms.
    "Yes, stop whining." Newt wrapped an arm around Thomas' waist which made him happy.
    "If you have sex, please lock the door and warn me," Gally teased which made Newt groan and bury his face in Thomas' arm.
    "I don't think I've met you, I'm Thomas." Thomas smiled and stuck his hand out to shake Gally's.
    "Gally. I've heard so much about you. Let's see..." Gally's voice got higher as he imitated Newt, "Oh my god Gally, he's just so hot!"
    "Stop!" Newt yelled, blushing furiously.
    "Oh I like him." Thomas smiled at Gally.
    "We're leaving!" Newt yelled as he dragged Thomas out the door. "And I'm never coming back!"
    He head Gally laughing hysterically as he slammed the door.
    "So what else do you say about me?" Thomas grinned as he pinched Newt's side.
    "That I hate you."