five.

jeon jungkook's pov

I shot up from my bed as the alarm rang in my ears. Stupid alarm. I could honestly care less about school but I always wanted to become a musical artist—unfortunately, school is the beginning to it.

Grabbing my bleached jeans and an oversized shirt, I head out out the house with an apple and start up my car. My baby, Rebecca.

I stopped at a red light as I spot a familiar figure walking on the sidewalk. My eyebrows furrowed together, the light turned green as I slowly drove next to her.

Y/N.

My engine rumbles slightly, but enough for her to be frightened and start running away from me. "It's just me, princess," I called out the word 'princess' louder than the others. I stuck my head out, showing my face.

She paused in her footsteps and turned to look at me. I looked at the digital clock in my car—if she continues going at this pace she'll be at least 15 minutes late. "You're going to be late for first block, do you need a ride?" I asked.

    She responded immediately, shaking her head. She gulped as her face scrunched up before masking it. But I saw it.

"Suit yourself." My voice came out hoarse.

    I, of course, could not just leave her alone. I turned the emergency signal on as I quietly got out of the car, making sure to not make a sound. She stood there, her back to me. I almost felt bad for doing this to her, almost.

I gripped my hands onto her waist, hoisting her over my shoulders. She fought, a lot. Her hands formed into fists as she continuously hit my back and occasionally my butt—while her legs swayed all around.

If it weren't for my very buff body I'd let go of her by now.

I place Y/N in the passenger seat, but before I could put her seatbelt on, she pushed me away and started running. Not this again. I sighed, catching her wrist. "Can you just chill?" I asked, annoyed.

She opened her eyes, realizing it was me all along. Her body wasn't as tense as before.

Y/N closed her eyes during the drive. I wonder what bothers her so much. I would occasionally look back at her, but her face was never at peace. It was like a war was happening in her head—or a memory that pains her.

I didn't want to worry, but I looked back at her anyways. Her cheeks were soaked with tears now. Not wanting to get into an accident, I pull up on the side of the road.

I pulled her hands away from her face, revealing more of her tear stained face. One that was always content and smiling, is now sad and stifling. I wonder if this is how she really feels aside from the rainbows and flowers. I frowned, caressing my thumb onto her cheek.

    "What's wrong, princess?" I frowned even more.

    "I-I'm fine." Y/N said hesitantly. Horrible liar.

    "Ddaeng" I reply immediately.

    "Don't cry. I don't know what is going on, but you tell me when you're ready, princess." I softly said as I wiped her tears away. But I wish I could do the same with the sadness she is experiencing.

I pulled back onto the road after calming her down. Slipping out of the car, I didn't notice that many students stopped their conversations and stared at us until Y/N paused as well. She seemed startled at the attention.

I was about to walk her to class, but Namjoon came up to me, making Y/N and I part ways. "I saw you both at the diner a few days ago as well. Jungkook, it is good for you to have friends like her—but don't get t-"

"Too attached, I get it, I know." I sighed.

    "There's nothing going on between Y/N and I, she was walking too slowly so I had to literally force her in my car and drive her to school." I told him the truth, except for the part where she cried. I think she just needed a friend and a shoulder to cry on.

    Namjoon nodded at my answer, hitting my chest. "Jungkook-ah, don't get soft, okay?" Pffft, soft? Never. "You might not believe that now but I'll just say that, I told you so." He smirked and walked away.

Closing my locker, I tossed my backpack over my shoulder. A loud shriek echoed off the walls—I followed it, wondering where the sound came from. I turned my head to another hallway, spotting Y/N gripping onto her own fingers and her collar being pulled by Jae-woo.

"Stay away from Jeon Jungkook," She sneered at Y/N.

    "We're just friends" I heard Y/N say quietly.

    "Daddy didn't give you enough attention? You whore, I claimed Jungkook a long time ago, don't go around seducing men" The next thing Jae-woo said seemed to take Y/N's breathe away—and mine too.

For all I know, she is not a whore. I think she's still a virgin, even. Her face scrunched up, her lip trembling. As much as I hated Jae-woo, I despise her even more now. She's hurt everyone I cared about.

    "Stay away from him or I'll make your life living hell." She threatens Y/N, throwing her back against the locker before heading my way. I looked away, pretending to be on my phone. As much as I want to help Y/N right now, if I helped her Jae-woo would target her even more.

    "Hey." She said, swaying her hips as she walks towards me. I didn't respond to her, disgusted with her. "What's up with you?" She asked, but I know she doesn't care.

    "I know how to make you feel better" Jae-woo whispered, placing her hand onto my chest softly. I felt disgusted, dirty. I gripped her hand before pushing it off.

"What's wrong with you?" She pouted. I walked away without speaking a word to her—but she continued to follow me.

"Why are you so bothered?" She asked again. Because you called Y/N everything you are. Because every word she said effected Y/N. Because it hurt her.

"Leave Y/N alone." I said coldly.

"So you saw that?" She smirked. "She deserves it anyways."

"If it's about you, then leave it between us, don't bring Y/N into the picture." My voice deepened.

    "Why would you want a whore like her?" There was that word again, whore. I growled before punching the locker right next to her head. Jae-woo flinched, her lip trembling. The locker was just a bit dented.

    I took a good look at her mortified facial expression before turning my back to her and walking away.

Either way, I only have just met Y/N a week ago, and we might talk but we are just friends—that is all I want. And all I could have.

Right?

thanks for reading & don't forget to vote if you like the book so far !!

[EDITED]